The squid next door

Doing nothing- is probably the wrong thing to do. You recognize there is a problem and potentially a problem that will hurt someone else. You never know what kind of influence for good you can be on someone if you really care. Might want to take the time to be a good guy and get to know the guy a bit.

Taking the time to find out about someone first, before bringing up the problem, might shed some light. If it goes bad, you did your part and can chat with the police to protect the neighborhood. And hey, you might be able to help him get that bike running right and teach a thing or two about riding.

G'luck.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|shawn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143963707 -->

There are lots of good replies.
but in general...be a friend first. don't go into iraq..opps i mean war with this guy first.
he's your neighbor.
make friends before you make enemies. then go into iraq. I mean war...

:p

Just remember if ya call the cops that they will be looking at
ALL the bikes being riden in that area, not just Squidly's.
So if they see you first, you get popped. Remember that what you
do may not be as bad as Squidly, but it maybe bad enough for the
cop stuck patroling yer neighborhood. All he cares about is being
able to show his supervisor that he is cracking down on the crazy
bikers some good citizen is bitching about.

Let me tell ya a true story similar to yours.
There is a nice curvy country road out here. On this road is some old dude,
he hates bikes/bikers. Runs 'em off the road with his pick-up etc.
He calla the cops EVERY time he hears a bike on "his" road. This road is in
PASCO County. It got so bad the Cops were pulling bikers over on surrounding roads
to ask us to stay off that one road. They were even giving "passes" for speeding.
I'm you'd either not get pulled over or you just get asked to stay off that road.
It was So bad the Pasco Sheriff Rode up to the biker gas station in HERNANDO County
to pass the word.

Have a good day.
pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1381"|1143993459 -->

How come instead of pulling over the bikers to warn them about this crazy dude, they didnt do something to the old guy? I mean the way I see it, trying to run a bike off the road with a 4000 pound pick-up truck is assault with a deadly weapon, wouldnt you agree?

He sounds like the kinda guy that got his GF pregnant, so he decided he HAD to stay with her[/QUOTE]

This is irrelavant.

And just so you know, If the guy chose to stay with her because she was pregnant that would make him a pretty good guy in my book. You have NO business writing this in this post.

One night just go out and remove his pegs and his clip ons.

Problem solved... [/QUOTE]

Regardless of his actions
Im positive you would not take to kindly to someone doin this to your bike. Please think responsibly before you take things to his level.

Just let him die and hope he doesn't take an innocent soul with him. [/QUOTE]

Are you serious?

Were talkin about a human being here. Like I said above regardless of his actions you should not be wishin him dead. Come on guys. This is gettin rediculous!

He sounds like the kinda guy that got his GF pregnant, so he decided he HAD to stay with her

This is irrelavant.

And just so you know, If the guy chose to stay with her because she was pregnant that would make him a pretty good guy in my book. You have NO business writing this in this post.[/QUOTE]
You missed the point of the post... He can't support them, and he sounds like a d###. I've known guys like this one from the sounds of it, and guess what... the kids usually grow up to be horrible members of society...

Case in point... A guy I was friends with in High School got a girl pregnant, so he decided to stay with her... I found this an honorable move, but he didn't realize he was taking her and the kid from her parents, who would've raised the child and could support them. He took them 300 Miles from home, moved into a moldy trailer. He couldn't get his priorities straight, and wanted to dump his money into his POS honda car to make it "cool", AND he still was trying to get a motorcycle...  Result? They fought CONSTANTLY because both were miserable, they struggled to survive, and the kid was exposed to things children shouldn't be exposed to. I tried to help them, but it was at the point of being beyond help for them... I feel sorry for Iris (the child in the relationship) because she's going to have a F-ed up life because of this.

<!--EDIT|yamahor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144003721 -->

no no no  ok if you  would rev your bike up  would you  want someone callin the cops no.  i understand that  he does it more than once a week  ok  so  confront him first  say  hey look kid  you need to  slow the hell down  you and some little kid might get hurt.  tell him  would you want someone drivin like that around you kid   if he says i dont care tell him ok  you dont, i do  and pull mr cell phone out and start to call the cops as your walkin away.  he will then think about it.  he doesnt want trouble  with the johnny law.  but be a man not a narc go toe to toe with the putz  and tell him that  he is ruining that  great zuk of his by doing that  talk  some bike  since in to him.  i  know  i  am  young  still but i know  i  wish all the trouble i got into  someone would have said  hey  before you get in trouble let me help.
+ 1000

I couldn't say it any better than that !!!!!!!!!

BUT don't be a narc be a MAN !!!

At first it seemed like a lot of ''hating'
Why do I pay BIG bucks for insurance, tags , taxes and this guy doesn't? ] If you would rev your bike up would you want someone calling the cops !!!!

''BUT'' after reading a lil more I think If you consider him to be a a major liability then yea confront him

just my .2 cents

SamCheaz

Don't go confront him.  Yes, it'd be nice to give a guy a chance.  But honestly, someone acting like that, living like that(no job, supported), isn't going to listen.  The only thing confronting him will do, is to tip him off as to who called the cops on him.

And if it turns into neighbor war, you'll lose.  The guy doesn't even have a job...

Call the cops and let them deal with it.  Its what you pay taxes for.  Cops get paid to deal with trash like that, not you.

As for a second chance.  More likely than not the cops will just talk to the idoit the 1st time, they can't ticket/arrest him for something they didn't see.  Batta bing, there's his chance.  It'll be up to him as to take it or leave it.
+1

yea thats real coooooooool

no  see you  pullin out the cell  just gives the  imagine as you  aint going to put up with  it i never said you had to actually call them

I disagree.
This is your neighbor and a young one at that. Give the kid a break. So what if he doesnt have tags or pay insurance. He likes to ride and probably can't afford it. Yeah I know what your gonna say "well then he shouldnt be on the streets". He's one of the lucky ones that can get away with it. Untill he gets caught. Don't be a snitch especially if its a neighbor. BIG NO NO. You are deff asking for war. If you even act like your gonna call the cops your asking for trouble not to mention you are a big fu%^ing #### to your neighbor. Try to get to know him a bit. Find some comman ground between the two of you. Sounds like you don't even talk to the guy. If you try to be neighborly and possibly give him some sound advice it will go along way. But you got to get to know him first. And before I start sounding like Dr. Phil I'll stop right there. Good Luck[/QUOTE]
someone make this man a Professional Pilot good work

A postcard will do.  Just put the address, the vehicle, and the fact that it has no stickers on it and the cops will do the rest.  You don't have to go through life being the "nice guy."  We all pay insurance, and this jerk should be no exception.
WHATS

UP

WITH

ALL

THE

HATING
rock.gif
devil.gif
umnik.gif

I have 2 kids that I love dearly. I would appreciate it if someone would take the time and at-least have the courtesy to call our men in blue. He sounds like a hot head, jumps on his bike, races down the street and runs over a child or hits a car, kills someone that is innocent. Seen it happen, its not pretty. And guess what, he was just like this guy. If he cannot afford insurance and tags, he does not deserve a street bike. He can go get a dirt bike and head to a safe playground. I hope its stolen and it gets impounded. As someone said, "he gives bikers a bad name". You not doing something about it is even worse. Do whats right, go visit your local officer. Find a cycle cop, he will understand and appreciate why your doing it.

One night just go out and remove his pegs and his clip ons.

Problem solved...
even faster solution:need 2 tools n 2minutes-
1)3" flat-head nail
2)good pliers

step 1-stuff nail into tire
step 2-remove with pliers
step 3-move to opposite tire;
repeat steps 1 & 2
broke-a$$ won't have time/$/tools to get tires off, let alone buy new ones.
problem solved-or at least delayed?
My thoughts exactly.

Back