The squid next door

guido4512

Donating Member
Registered
Rant on/
I know i'm new on the board but have a question for anyone here. What would you do?

Ok, ive got this kid maybe 18 or so renting the house next door to me - girlfriend just had a baby, neither works that i know of, parents pay bills, the guy is unstable (mentally,i believe), etc. Any way, said individual has a newer 750 Katana that sits out front. It's stock with a Yoshi pipe. There are NO tags (ie LICENSE PLATES) on this bike or county sticker. Probably no insurance either.ALL required in the state of Virginia, btw. On any given evening, said individual will start the bike, rev it like someone gone crazy while the motor is still cold and sputtering. Choking and missing, the poor Zuk finally warms up. Mr individual knows its warmed up when he can repeatedly rev the motor into the limiter and hold it there for about 4 -6 seconds. He goes in the house, grabs the ole helmet and away he screams up the road like a madman(no riding gear but at least he's got a helmet). Every gear hits the rev limiter. ( Here, i'm thinking Zuk's are tough sob's).
He goes down to the gas station (about 1/8 mile), gets 50 cents worth of gas , beer, whatever, and procedes up past the house again, doing everything the bike will do. 20 to 40 minutes later he returns, revs the bike into the limiter a few more times, cuts the poor thing off and goes in the house. Over and over he does this, once, twice a week.
  At first, I thought he was blowing off a lil steam due to the pregnant girlfriends' "hormonal situation" / fighting ,but he was out again last night as usual.
   I'm all for excitement on a bike but c'mon folks! I like the speed too, but there is a proper place and time for it.The road is a main state highway, ( not a back road in the woods) while not heavily populated there is still alot of traffic here. I can't believe the cops havent got him yet.!!!I see them all the time. If that was me, my license would be gone. How does he get away with it? Why do I pay BIG bucks for insurance, tags , taxes and this guy doesn't?

So what to do? Call the cops on the guy? Let nature take its course and read about another splattered squid? It's irritating.

oh well. sorry this was long.
Rant off/
Thanks for yor replies
cool.gif

If it's really that bad, call the cops and tell them there is a suspisious looking bike in front of your neighbors house with no plate. Then tell them about him reving the crap out of it and racing up and down the road all the time.

They'll be out to run the Vin and check it out in no time....
wink.gif

I would call the local PD and register a compliant about a bike using excessive speed in front of your house 1-2 times a week and give the description. Also, if there area kids that live around the area, it's a danger to them if this guys loses control. I would hope that will be enough for the PD to incease patrols in the area.

If you consider him to be a danger to others as well as himself, I'd definitely consider letting the authorities know.

How would you feel if he ran over/killed a kid in your neighborhood, or caused the death of another rider/driver? He's a major liability in my opinion.

Whatever you decide, welcome to the board.

no no no ok if you would rev your bike up would you want someone callin the cops no. i understand that he does it more than once a week ok so confront him first say hey look kid you need to slow the hell down you and some little kid might get hurt. tell him would you want someone drivin like that around you kid if he says i dont care tell him ok you dont, i do and pull mr cell phone out and start to call the cops as your walkin away. he will then think about it. he doesnt want trouble with the johnny law. but be a man not a narc go toe to toe with the putz and tell him that he is ruining that great zuk of his by doing that talk some bike since in to him. i know i am young still but i know i wish all the trouble i got into someone would have said hey before you get in trouble let me help.

I have to agree with that last. Better to talk to the neighbor about the problem before calling the cops. If he proves totally unconscionable about it, then go ahead and make the call.

--Wag--

Unfourtunately not all squids jump out of the gene pool.
bluegrab.gif

I would call the authorites and just to inform them of the situation.

Nothing worse this time of year when you are getting back into the riding season and some squid stains the pavement
face7.gif
Just ruins the day!

I'd talk to him...be a friend...act like ya care...and slowly lead him in the right direction...

Where in VA are ya?

I'd talk to him...be a friend...act like ya care...and slowly lead him in the right direction...

Where in VA are ya?
+1

...and if he turns out to be a complete jerk, let Darwinism sort him out...sad fact, but some people are just like that and won't change...

no no no  ok if you  would rev your bike up  would you  want someone callin the cops no.
I really don't want to rat on this guy but.....................
I really don't have a problem with the revving - he can rev it into the stratosphere if he wants to. Heck the guy acroos the street from me has a 67 mustang drag car that gets revved quite a bit, but he doesn't take it out on the road and go berserk with it. The problem is he gets to ride on the road that I have to pay for. No tags, insurance or taxes- thats my problem.

If he knows I called the cops I can see this happening -WAR.
He poisons my dog, come home to broken windows, stuff vanishing, etc. Not good to be at war with your neighbor. I can't afford to stay home and guard the fortress - know what i mean?

Thanks for the replies guys

It don't sound like the engine will last long or he will get it impounded soon .... patience works well sometimes .

no see you pullin out the cell just gives the imagine as you aint going to put up with it i never said you had to actually call them

Back