The new ride...  figured I would share a little.

looks GREAT rev! Congrats! ...... zoom zoom
mazda-zoom-zoom.gif

Thanks folks... Thought you all would enjoy the pretty pics. From where we are all parked on the top of the parking garage, I live about a block behind the pic of the two Rx-8's Back and to the right. It's a great location, easy access to the water, the Interstate, and of course work. But the Airport is still a long haul down to Seatac.

WWJD, that whole Zoom-Zoom thing used to kinda irritate me a little. But after ripping around in the RX I get it, it's all about Fun... Last night I took a dinner guest who is a fellow RX8 owner for a quick demonstration of dry pavement drifting.
laugh.gif
The RX is a willing toy and my passenger? She was giggling like a school girl a couple of times. Was a lot of fun.

WWJD, that whole Zoom-Zoom thing used to kinda irritate me a little. But after ripping around in the RX I get it, it's all about Fun... Last night I took a dinner guest who is a fellow RX8 owner for a quick demonstration of dry pavement drifting.
laugh.gif
The RX is a willing toy and my passenger? She was giggling like a school girl a couple of times. Was a lot of fun.
hahahahaha I've ALWAYS HATED that zoom zoom crap too!
biggrin.gif
I forgot to mention, I you haven't already, pick up a pair of driving gloves. I got some from Wilson's Leather for $25 and it adds a whole new dimention to driving. VERY GOOD grip of steering wheel - AND that whole cool race car feel as well as something to put on while the engine warms up. Wilson's has full and fingerless for $25. Now I never drive without them!
biggrin.gif

pWIL-1596057v130a.jpg

I think I just plain SCARE my passengers taking square lefthanders at full 35! Freakin blast though! When I say "hold on", ya better do it! [Miata here]

biggrin.gif

Sounds familiar...I was looking at many of these same cars myself. I ended up with a black w/ black leather Infiniti G35 coupe, 6 SPD, performance package, Bose, moonroof...well you get teh idea. Absolutely love it. Tires are expensive as heck (18") and the Brembo brakes are amazing but kick up lots of dust for me to clean.

I chose it over the RX-8 for the fact that it is more roomy "for me" when driving. Same holds true compared to the 350Z (wife wanted that one). Enjoy the RX-8...great car!

Sweet ride Rev, I've always been a fan of the 8.  Did you get BT to take your pictures or are both of you reading the same "Take the Best Photos" handbook LOL.  Nice ride, I'm also a fan of "silver" being that's my baby's name and all.

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146074049 -->

Man I just Gotta get one of those!!!

Oh ! Wait ! I did, I did !!!
biggrin.gif

Ya can't say I lied to ya, can ya Rev??  
rock.gif
cool.gif

Congrats on what *I* consider the Wright choice!

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1402"|1146083255 -->

Man I just Gotta get one of those!!!

Oh ! Wait ! I did, I did !!!
biggrin.gif

Ya can't say I lied to ya, can ya Rev??
rock.gif
cool.gif

Congrats on what *I* consider the Wright choice!

pirate.gif
Raider out.
I was hoping you'd turn up. Yeah It was a LooOoOoOoong Decision process but your input helped a lot, as did 4 test drives. It's very much like a 4-wheel bike in that it produces big grins and is a hoot to drive.

Only thing I need is some headroom, and I am contemplating going ahead and getting me an 06 in phantom blue with all the goodies and THEN getting some custom seat work done.

Love it though, just such an easy car to live with day to day but it has super car brakes, world class handling and feel, and so many little things that just show that Mazda was Thinking. Good stuff.

Glad I listened Bro, now I just gotta get my head room situation worked out and I am good to go.

laugh.gif
hahahahaha I've ALWAYS HATED that zoom zoom crap too!
biggrin.gif
I forgot to mention, I you haven't already, pick up a pair of driving gloves. I got some from Wilson's Leather for $25 and it adds a whole new dimention to driving. VERY GOOD grip of steering wheel - AND that whole cool race car feel as well as something to put on while the engine warms up. Wilson's has full and fingerless for $25. Now I never drive without them!
biggrin.gif

pWIL-1596057v130a.jpg

I think I just plain SCARE my passengers taking square lefthanders at full 35! Freakin blast though! When I say "hold on", ya better do it! [Miata here]
Um... Driving Gloves? Hmm, maybe they make sense in convertible, and I understand the point of them, but I'd feel kinda silly rolling around with driving gloves on I think. Unless I am on the autocross circuit or something.

If you haven't yet, go drive the New Miata Bro, it's Schweet, more of the goodness that makes the MX5 what it is plus a little more size for us tall folks. Very comfortable, lots of fun.

biggrin.gif

Well Tony (Rc 51) got one with cloth seats it has plenty of headroom compared to the GT.
Plus the seats hols ya better when slidin' her around sideways ... What a HOOT!
Since he got his 2.5 years ago he has riddeen maybe 5 times?

Glad yer enjoying life dude. But ya are missed around here.

I love the gloves!!!
pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1404"|1146084011 -->

Well Tony (Rc 51) got one with cloth seats it has plenty of headroom compared to the GT.
Plus the seats hols ya better when slidin' her around sideways ... What a HOOT!
Since he got his 2.5 years ago he has riddeen maybe 5 times?

Glad yer enjoying life dude. But ya are missed around here.

I love the gloves!!!
pirate.gif
Raider out.
Well I am kinda looking at doing that too. Just getting the sport model and not sweat the leather.

The RX8 got a very positive review from the program "Top Gear" on cable TV. They get to test drive everything up to and including Ferraris, Porsches, Lamborghinis etc. The guy who drove it claimed it was one of the best cars he's ever driven.

Only reason i got the GT (leather) is for the wife.
She really uses the heated seat function. (Bad back).
I'm thinking about getting a 2nd one for me.

Or maybe getting a Saturn Sky Red Line for her. 260 hourses Whooo YAAAA!!!

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1405"|1146086923 -->

If you haven't yet, go drive the New Miata Bro, it's Schweet, more of the goodness that makes the MX5 what it is plus a little more size for us tall folks. Very comfortable, lots of fun.
I don't WANNA drive the new Miata!! It will show me what a PIECE my used one really is!
biggrin.gif
Ignorance is bliss

Trust me, you in your car, with those gloves on... would be IT

I don't WANNA drive the new Miata!! It will show me what a PIECE my used one really is!
biggrin.gif
Ignorance is bliss

Trust me, you in your car, with those gloves on... would be IT
How about some some boxing gloves? Can I just wear those? Maybe some Rabbit fur lined gloves?
smile.gif

Yeah, Then all I need are some ray Bans and a Bald spot to go with the 8 as well.

Sorry about the Miata reminder, it's just that I drove a new one and was really impressed...
smile.gif

smile.gif

3 more slabs of that chocolate cake and you'll be trading it in for a "Town Car"
laugh.gif

They're not to keep your hands warm or look COOL, ya dope!
biggrin.gif
They create a much enhanced connection with your ZOOM ZOOM

it's a grip thang! anywho, suit yerself. [the following pic is NOT my dash]
gloves1.jpg

Haven't Mazdas been made by Ford for the last 10 years?

Have a Ford company car but that's free.

Back