OK, Tough Choices...  Sell the RX-8 And get???

Here's what keeps me eyeballing the Mustang.... Streetable, reliable power....

IMG_2528smll.jpg

From a Blower by Saleen. Pretty mild tune from what I understand as well.

IMG_2489smll.jpg

I have a buddy selling his SVO Cobra. 600+hp to the rear wheels for around $24K Lots of work done to it and all by the dealership (with the exception of the frame connectors I welded on for him) Dunno if you were thinking new only or not. All ya gotta do is fly back to Tampa and drive home

Rev you have to look at the Caddy STS-V or the cheaper CTS-V. Those are the 2 that I would look at or even the Chrysler 300C AWD version with the 425 Hemi. Just some other options to look at.

Well here is what I really want... Or really damn close. This particular car has me thinking hard about my financial priorities...
smile.gif
Low Mile 2004 M3

02482791b.jpg

Yeah, But still more than I really want to pay...

02482791.jpg

You really are a cheap Bastid huh  
laugh.gif
damn the torpedoes...spend some cheddar...step up  
argue.gif
...go for it dude
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Oct. 29 2006,23:14) You really are a cheap Bastid huh
laugh.gif
damn the torpedoes...spend some cheddar...step up
argue.gif
...go for it dude
wink.gif
Actually... Yeah I guess I kinda am. When it comes to cars anyway. Once it comes to looking at the car and the payments, I usually sit there for a minute and think... (Now what the hell else could I do with an extra $100 a month) or $200... Ya know?

Then I start the game of TO HELL WITH IT. I'm buying a Used Toyota Tercel and be done with it.

Cause ya know, just like a couple of folks here mentioned, cars are not investments. I'm loosing money one way or another, so why intentionaly throw MORE money away than you need to actually just get around town?

I've got a Busa allready if I want to go fast, so WHY NOT keep it simple?

I dunno, then I go and get into an older POS car and I am reminded that "Oh yeah, new cars or fun and nice to be in".

The M3 is sort of the "Perfect Answer" to my automotive question. Fast enough to be fun, reliable enough for a daily driver. Subtle enough to NOT be police bait, and sporty enough for track days.

All the while maintaining it's value. Hell if I get into an M3 I could very well see myself keeping it. Making it a pretty permanant fixture, and with BMW at least I know it will last.

But still... $40k for a freaking 2 door car? WTF?
biggrin.gif

Then I go back to the beginning.

Am I the only one out here that goes round and freaking round with these sorta decisions?

If you ask me, you know what I'd suggest.

Instead, get the Mustang GT and put a Magnason blower on it. I know that's what you want to do anyway!

biggrin.gif

(TruWrecks @ Oct. 30 2006,18:27) If you ask me, you know what I'd suggest.

Instead, get the Mustang GT and put a Magnason blower on it. I know that's what you want to do anyway!

biggrin.gif
Well You know I am not going to spend Corvette Money...
wink.gif
So if I want American Rumble it's going to have to be a Built Mustang.

Do you happen to remember who's Mustang that was or where to find him on the web? The guy from Arlington with the Saleen blower on his mustang?

BUT ya know the BMW is still pulling at my heart strings...

I'm going to slow down though, and NOT get wrapped around the post... I expect this to be a long process, and I'll probably wrap it up after Christmas sometime... Getting too close to christmas to be buying a new car for myself...

Rev, check out the Saleen on our web site. It's the S281 supercharged! MSRP is $56 K, but if you have an interest, I can make a deal on it in the $48 K range. www.billwoodsford.com

(GSXcite @ Oct. 30 2006,21:14) Rev, check out the Saleen on our web site. It's the S281 supercharged! MSRP is $56 K, but if you have an interest, I can make a deal on it in the $48 K range. www.billwoodsford.com
I appreciate it and I'll keep it in mind.

Dynospeed Racing

Rev These are the guys that tuned my brother's 03 Cobra. There is a pic of it in Customer's Cars. This site will give you a good overall idea about the possibilities and some good real world numbers.

This would be a good home for a Blower... Too bad it's yellow...

_Saleenyllw.jpg

Back