The new ride...  figured I would share a little.

Nice! I had a RX-7 during college and just after that was lots of fun.

I'm thinking the Net Nanny doesn't ride the bike anymore.....thats what I'm thinkin'!!!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

They're not to keep your hands warm or look COOL, ya dope!
biggrin.gif
They create a much enhanced connection with your ZOOM ZOOM

it's a grip thang! anywho, suit yerself. [the following pic is NOT my dash]
gloves1.jpg
NO, they insulate and mute the connection between me and my buggy. Just like riding gloves, Even the softest finest pair of Kushitani's don't "enhance" the feel, but they provide protection and comfort. (Much like a condom)

So gloves with the RX huh? We'll see. I'll grab a pair of the thin deerskins here at the shop and I'll try em'. Mostly though, I cannot see the point. If I were racing yeah, especially if it was an endurance thing. But I have a nice leather covered steering wheel in the car so I am pretty sure all a glove is going to do is be in the way.

Besides, no bald spot, no ray bans, um... No Gloves...

But I'll give it a try, I'm allways willing to try something new.

Dopey OUT.
smile.gif

I'm thinking the Net Nanny doesn't ride the bike anymore.....thats what I'm thinkin'!!!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
Honestly I've been leaving Lilah parked due to.... Umm... Legal matters.

Yeah, no shid. So while things are a bit "interesting" out there on the Black bike, I'll just cruise around in a fun little car. But yeah, I'm half thinking abou tgetting a new set of plastics in Copper or something for awhile.

I like those cars, I just can't fit in them anymore. How's it going to handle in the winter?
Winter isn't a concern, oddly enough we just don't really get any snow here on the coast, but I figure the car was mostly a replacement for another bike so it's still more practical. It's got ABS, Traction and Stability control (Yaw Control), so while it's not going to be ripping around in the snow, I guess it does OK from what I hear.

There isn't any way you'd fit in an RX with the sunroof, but without it I bet you'd fit OK, but it's still a real small car. Listed by the EPA as a Subcompact.

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
Honestly I've been leaving Lilah parked due to.... Umm...  Legal matters.  

Yeah, no shid.   So while things are a bit "interesting" out there on the Black bike, I'll just cruise around in a fun little car.  But yeah, I'm half thinking abou tgetting a new set of plastics in Copper or something for awhile.
you wanna explain?? or at least PM me!

umm let me get this right you didnt like the 350 z???
Ummm, You are correct, I was surprised too, but it rode like a skateboard and had the interior feel and quality of an early 90's Hyundai.

The Infiniti the wife drives is little more than a pimped up Maxima so I was truly shocked at the cheap feeling interior from Nissan. The G35 coupe is a much better use of the chassis and VQ motor. Great handling without the harshness, and interior quality and feel that makes it some place you'd like to spend some time.

The straw though was the silly stiff suspension. It was just TOO harsh, Too Choppy. I understand sports cars and firm suspensions, but it was just out of whack. I've driven in dropped Civics with better damping. Combine the lack of ride quality with the cheap interior materials and the asking prices no longer made sense. I do really like the look of the 350 and the seating was nice.

I don't think I ever posted up what I decided to get, think i spaced it...

Well, after a lOooooOoong Test drive process, that included:

-Audi tt
-BMW330 ci
-BMW Z4
-Mustang GT
-Nissan 350Z
-Honda S2000
-Infiniti G35 Coupe
-Subaru WRX Sti
-Volkswagon GTI

I made a decision that even surprised me. I test drove it 4 TIMES, FOUR X... I hadn't even really considered it an option until seeing a used one at a dealership.

So Yeah I Got me a new Mazda RX-8. Yeah, Rotary Power! Who'd have guessed it? Raiderdm got his when they were brand new and I remember then thinking "Hmmm, that's pretty cool" but I hadn't thought of it since then. I fully expected and planned on buying the G35 Coupe. I love Infiniti, and I like the VQ motor so it seemed like the perfect fit. Guess Not.

The RX was chosen over every car above for a few simple reasons.

1. FUN, the RX isn't the fastest, but it was by far the most entertaining, most involving car I drove. Just put a silly grin on my face the others didn't.

2. Road feel, Ride Quality and Handling, this figures into the fun yeah, but it has an amazing "Go where you want it" FEEL that was only topped by the Z4, just a little, but the RX rode so much nicer that it won out.

3. Unique, and *Gasp* Practical. The rotary engine is what it's all about. It's design allows the rest of the car to be that much better, perfect 50/50 balance, vibration free operation, Low Polar moment, and lightweight. Combine this with Mazda's suicide doors and genuine seating for four and there is nothing else like it out there that is still a true sports car.

4. Lastly, quality. Quality ride, quality interior materials, low noise levels, and over all fit and finish.

It is a true sports car too, not a pimped up Econobox, not a GT, but a fresh piece of paper Sports Car from folks who understand what that means, and that it is supposed to be FUN first and foremost. Not Tough, Not Mean Looking, Not "Billy Badass" and his Turbo Crew, just fun and fast.

Anyway, first car of mine in 12 years and I am about as giddy as I was when I first got the Busa. Been out driving and having fun...

So without delay... The Pics.

I've Named her "Rini". Ready to laugh? Rini is Japanese for "Little Bunny". OK Why such a "SOFT" name? Because the RX just isn't a tough guy car and when your driving it it's just so fun, so willing to go, and in general just happy if you will. So nimble, happy, quick, and entertaining? "Little Bunny"

IMG_1957-sml-crop-full.jpg

Cool Blue front lit guages at night, bright white during the day.
IMG_1883copy-full.jpg

IMG_1887copy-full.jpg
Dang Rev, have you been using our 2008 campaign contributions already?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
If so, send me about $300 so that I can get me a chrome rear wheel for my Busa.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146423500 -->

You mean you didn't get your last check from the fund?
sad.gif

Hmm, I'll uh... Check on that for ya Bro.

Hope your doing good and pisser about that rear wheel.

Back