2009 Honda Civic, Mustang GT or Mazda3?

the s2000 has some real problems with the deferantial, trust me, when mine was remove to change the busted axle, the lsd is actually a miata unit... and the part cross ref to mazda..wierd.. so after so many problems with adding ho to the S2 I dumped it and got into miatas.. never destroyed teh driveline like the s2 and came to almos 255 hp rwhp on the mazdaspeed. wich is gone now...
as for the 02 gt, at 86k pay close attention at the top end were the heads meet the lower intake plenum, as you will start to leak coolant and oil if the car has been beat. I will even suggest a gasket kit for the top end anyways and a good inspection of the iming chain, wich is suggested to be replaced at 100k. and the most common anoying pilot bearing buzzer.. trust me it will get to you eventually, I change mine a few times and then just upter for bigger subs...lol:beerchug:
either way they are all good choices... happy hunting:beerchug:

HA!!! THe S2000 has some MIATA basings? ? ? ? KILLER! I wanted an S2000, but they were too pricey to interest me. I bought a used Miata for $4900 and enjoy THE CRAP out of it. hahahahhaha I LOVE hearing the S2000 has Miate parts or Miata based parts. that's great!

I just gave my miata to my mother. She loves it, mainly because I think it reminds her of her old 240z. As for the choice of cars I would pick the civic for mpg and practicality. After getting into sportbikes I've had a hard time getting excited about performance cars... at least the ones I can afford.

Mustang. Family took a trip to Florida last year in my wifes 04 GT and the car knocked down 28 mpg running between 70 and 75 mph.

As you know, cars are a big purchase today. Love the Mustang myself but for resale, durability and just drive the darn thing the Honda can not be beat.

I went with the Tundra for that very reason.

Have you read any forums on the cars you are interested in? As you know, plenty of insight on a car specific forum.

r8

i like the mustang personally and it's obvious where you live that winters are more forgiving to rear wheel drive. :laugh:

You guys must be really dogging those stangs to get such bad mileage.The ole ladys mach1 gets 27 on the highway and around 23 commuting. I know it's different engines but dang

I have a 2001 Bullitt GT Mustang and bought my mom a 2008 Mazda 3... I prefer the supercharged Mustang I have but if picking between the Honda n Mazda... hmmm

Get a turbo Mazdaspeed 3 hatchback. A Civic Si wouldn't even come close...

Mazdaspeed 3.jpg

If you wanna be a vaj get the civic
If you wanna drive a chicks car get the mazda 3
If you wanna feel like a man who has balls get the stang
Lets be honest which car would you feel like a man driving?
:rofl::laugh:

Agreed! My 93 Cobra gets 21mpg all day long and I drive in a lot of traffic easy 27 mpg at 80mph on trips east of the mountains. From what I hear the new GT is even better than mine! Had you considered a Mazdaspeed Miata?

You guys must be really dogging those stangs to get such bad mileage.The ole ladys mach1 gets 27 on the highway and around 23 commuting. I know it's different engines but dang

If you wanna be a vaj get the civic
If you wanna drive a chicks car get the mazda 3
If you wanna feel like a man who has balls get the stang
Lets be honest which car would you feel like a man driving?
:rofl::laugh:

go trade in that mustang in couple of years and you feel like you have been raped!:moon::thumbsup::laugh:

go trade in that mustang in couple of years and you feel like you have been raped!:moon::thumbsup::laugh:

Pretty much any American made car. Look at Lincolns. Gee whiz, 2 years old and almost half the price when new.

r8

Honda Accord Review - Edmunds.com

Edmonds does have this to say however...

Coupes Under $30,000

For sheer bang for your buck, it's hard to beat the Ford Mustang. Whether you're looking for a peppy V6 commuter (base Mustang) or a pin-you-to-the-seat muscle car (Mustang GT and Shelby GT500), Ford's rear-drive pony car offers handsome retro styling, traditional rear-wheel-drive performance, an ideal ride and handling balance, and a number of option packages to personalize your ride. The GT trim offers perhaps the best value in the lineup with its powerful V8, tuned suspension and bargain price tag.

Those looking for an alternative to pricey luxury/performance coupes should consider the redesigned Honda Accord coupe and all-new Nissan Altima coupe. With styling that looks more premium-brand than mainstream, available powerhouse V6s and handsomely finished cabins, both coupes give off the impression that you're getting more than you've paid for. The Accord coupe represents the more practical and refined choice, as it offers a better driving position and a more useful backseat. Although performance numbers are a wash, the Altima feels a touch sportier and might be more satisfying for enthusiast types. However, we'd advise you to skip the clunky manual gearbox in favor of Nissan's excellent continuously variable transmission.

Back