GTO vs GT

soon2be

Donating Member
Registered
I've been looking for something to go with the 'busa. I think I've narrowed it down to three cars; Ford Mustang GT, Pontiac GTO and Chevy Corvette. (slightly used, low mileage).

What are you opinions of the Mustang GT vs the Pontiac GTO? I think that I am leaning towards the GTO.

All opinions will be appreciated.

Not really comparing the Vette to the others. The Vette is a different animal. Thus the higher price tag.

I'm a Mustang dude, but the GTO's are hot.
beerchug.gif

the GTO's look very plain jane. the Mustang is already a classic. go with the Stang! But if the $ is not on the table, the vette of course.
beerchug.gif

Vette, then Mustang and don't even consider the GTO.

--Wag--

GT. My father has a GT California Special Edition w/5sp. He threw an intake and exhaust on it, and it's a sweet sounding ride! Plenty of power to go with the bark.

I love the GTO - almost bought one last year. That LS2 motor is incredible, and personally I love the understated styling. Guess I'm just getting older, but I think the new stangs are hideous looking.

I'm looking at the new Trailblazer SS. It's got the 400hp LS2 but is way more practical than a sports car. It isn't as fast as any of the cars you mentioned either, but anything you get will feel like slug anyway compared to your bike.

The Goat (GTO) any day, it is one hell of a sleeper car, and you don't see 50 of them on the way to the mall like the rustangs, mostly driven by young girls, Plus which would you rather have 6.0L or a 4.6L, theres no replacement for displacement!

(Rainer3012 @ Aug. 15 2007,06:40) The Goat (GTO) any day, it is one hell of a sleeper car, and you don't see 50 of them on the way to the mall like the rustangs, mostly driven by young girls, Plus which would you rather have 6.0L or a 4.6L, theres no replacement for displacement!
I would go GTO over a Mustang. I think the GTO looks good when setup right. Also, you don't see that many like others have mentioned. Above that I would go with the vette.

I think Rainer3012 said it best!

looks wise what does it really mater you cant see it when you are in the drivers seat and all anyone else is going to see is your tail lights anyway!! i have an 06 GTO that i love!!! looks it is a little plain but the ls2 makes up for it in a big way! i took mine to the track and ran a 12.99@108 and it is basically stock. only mods are cat back exhaust and a tune. think about what it would cost to get a stang to run that good!!

if you are into looks and have the money buy the vette, looks and not enough for the vette buy the gto cause you cant see it when you are driving it and the int. is much nicer!!!
if you are into power and have the money buy the vette, power and not enoughfor the vette buy the gto!!!
just my 2cents

beerchug.gif
firedevil.gif

Definitely the C6 (400HP) Vette, and if $$ isn't a limiting factor the 500HP C6 ZO6.
beerchug.gif

The base 400HP Vette will definitely leave the others behind. The ZO6 is the highest performance sports car under $100-150,000.

zo6.jpg

(soon2be @ Aug. 14 2007,20:38) I've been looking for something to go with the 'busa.  I think I've narrowed it down to three cars;  Ford Mustang GT, Pontiac GTO and Chevy Corvette. (slightly used, low mileage).  
Depends on what you want to do with it. First suggestion I would have would be considering a Cobra rather than GT. HUGE difference even if you buy the redhead step child 01 version. A 03/04 Cobra is a galaxy apart from a GT. The independant rear in the 99+ cars makes for a much better ride than the GTs. Bang for the buck on the 03/04 cars is tremendous. 500RWHP is only a few mods away.

I have a friend that has a split marriage. She drives a 04 Cobra convertable while he has a 03 Vette vert. According to them: cruising its the vette hands down. Performance, Cobra without a doubt. Stock vs Stock

I had a 03 Cobra coupe with 480rwhp: no kidding rode as good as my uncles Grand Marquis. 22-23mpg on the highway all day long.

If $$$ is no problem, C6 Z06 without a doubt though!  
bowdown.gif

Mustang... GTO is Hideous IMHO... It drives ok but GM freaking destroyed the Holden in the in the translation. Apparantly GTO owners don't value handling, comfort, or brakes. The Holden is a pretty damn nice GT, but GM NA freaking killed it and it's dismal sales bear this out.

Don't buy the 400hp hype... Those are definitely GM horses as most of them fail to appear on a dyno...
wow.gif

Mustang FTW!!!! Much more free revving motor, better sounds, brakes, and looks by far.

OR

I have a third option I can highly recommend...
beerchug.gif

Mustang!!
super.gif

GTO is a fat, bloated soulless excuse of a replacement for the Tri-Power Goat of yore. NO personality.

The Mustang as previously stated is a well-rounded sports car, goes/stops/handles very well. Also recalls the cachet of the ballsy 60's Stangs such as "Elanor"...
super.gif

super.gif

(Riversnake @ Aug. 17 2007,21:20)
(soon2be @ Aug. 14 2007,20:38) I've been looking for something to go with the 'busa. I think I've narrowed it down to three cars; Ford Mustang GT, Pontiac GTO and Chevy Corvette. (slightly used, low mileage).
Depends on what you want to do with it. First suggestion I would have would be considering a Cobra rather than GT. HUGE difference even if you buy the redhead step child 01 version. A 03/04 Cobra is a galaxy apart from a GT. The independant rear in the 99+ cars makes for a much better ride than the GTs. Bang for the buck on the 03/04 cars is tremendous. 500RWHP is only a few mods away.

I have a friend that has a split marriage. She drives a 04 Cobra convertable while he has a 03 Vette vert. According to them: cruising its the vette hands down. Performance, Cobra without a doubt. Stock vs Stock

I had a 03 Cobra coupe with 480rwhp: no kidding rode as good as my uncles Grand Marquis. 22-23mpg on the highway all day long.

If $$$ is no problem, C6 Z06 without a doubt though!
bowdown.gif
By the looks of your avatar you have a biased opinion!
poke.gif
biggrin.gif

Back