Trade in my Mustang GT Vert for a Civic EX?

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Been having to do alot of driving here lately. The Mustang gets crap gas mileage. Was considering trading her in on a good used Honda Civic. I would save a good bit of cash each month in gas. But I do love to drive it....

So would this be acceptable or would I have to turn in my "man card"?

Oh, here is the little civic I am looking at... DON'T LAUGH AT IT!

http://www.breakawayhonda.com/used-...4046381e01449539425c9c2f.htm?useHistory=true#

Last edited by a moderator:
must turn in man card!! just kidding, i would have a hard time letting my gt go. i drive about 50 miles a day round trip. but i only do that 3 times a week. my part time job is less than 5 miles away. iv thought about getting an older toyota truck that i could pick up pretty cheap to drive to work. iv got an 04 f150, but its more like gallons per mile. it never gets better than 15 miles per gallon.

I traded my Mustang GT Vert for my 'Busa... I think you are going backwards :laugh:

Not a very practical car, but you can pick up an S2000 with similar mileage for that price.

Then you will have Both, Gas mileage and a fun car. Plus you don't have to give up the convertible :beerchug:

IMO the civic IS a more practical car.. more than an S-2K ...two seat in a go cart cockpit with a tiny trunk...I feel your pain...I had a 350Z and we also had the f-150...swapped for a ranger, 350z byebye, wife got a prius....ya...those.....passes by ya and all you here is ...yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigayyyyyyyyyy...but hey.. i drive the thing more than my truck, got me from san diego to seattle in 3 1/2 tanks of gas and filling up is like 25 bucks..plus its comfy and has everything.........maybe i gave up some of my manliness but i keep my money...:thumbsup:

I used to have that same model car, I loved it. I have two wheels to cruise and have rediculous power on, 4 is meant for trips and winter. I liked mine when I had it although it was grossly underpowered but got sick mileage. I know have a 04 Sentra SE-R Spec V, it doesn't get great mileage but its pretty good and has a 6 speed manual and just under 200hp.

I ride one of these over 200 miles per week (Gets about 80 MPG) so I say make the trade and keep the 'man card'.... :laugh:

SuperScooter.jpg

If u can fine a 06 n newer civic it would be more of a safer car with six airbag then the 05 n older.And if u want a little zoom a 200hp si model n it still gets 30+ mpg

Been having to do alot of driving here lately. The Mustang gets crap gas mileage. Was considering trading her in on a good used Honda Civic. I would save a good bit of cash each month in gas. But I do love to drive it....

So would this be acceptable or would I have to turn in my "man card"?

Oh, here is the little civic I am looking at... DON'T LAUGH AT IT!

Used Honda Civic, Greenville, SC, Coupe, Breakaway Honda Stock: BP11679A

i just trade my 08 acura tl for 07 civic lx 4dr because of financial reason and i don't miss the acura! civic is a great car in everyway! buy you the latest generation civic 06 model +. the 05 one you are looking at with 92000 miles, they are asking too much for it! look around you can get a lot better deal and i know honda hold values well but...

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in my 97 Cobra for an 06 HHR. No regrets. The HHR averages 30mpg, has an enormous amount of storage since all but the driver seat folds flat and has factory remote start. My wife hates it when I call it a station wagon! :laugh:

Sometimes you just need to act responsible. :beerchug:

Civics are great cars no doubt. I agree you should probably get an Si if you are used to driving a 'Stang because the power difference will kill you inside.

There are other cars I would trade for, but it depends on what your using it for.

A family car? duh. Get the freakin Civic.

A commuter to replace your **** mpg Stang, I would get something a bit more entertaining to drive:whistle:

way too much dough for a 92k car imo. i have an ACCORD EX with leather and nav i can sell you for 13,490 50k miles...

and ill take the mustang in on trade...

IMO the civic IS a more practical car.. more than an S-2K ...

I apologize if i worded that wrong.
I agree, I was saying the S2k isn't practical.
Thats why I got an Audi TT :thumbsup:

Which by the way you can pick up for $10k all day long and still get 30 MPG.
Oh,, but you were hoping for something reliable, right? :laugh:

gifTTfast.gif

Your man card stays considering that you still have a Busa.. To be honest, I used to drive a Ford Fiesta in Bosnia and really loved that car.

Much better off to go with an 06, twice as much car in my opinion. Have been a honda driver and lover for a lot of years but that generation of civic was the crappiest. Buddy of mine works at a honda shop and they replaced well over 100 windshields cause the car was flexing and cracking the windshields. Have a few friends with them and they are not living up to honda expectations. Your heading in the right direction just not the right generation in my opinion.

$10k with 92,000 miles??? I know all the "Honda's run forever crap" but thats a little silly...

I just let go of my Dodge Challenger SRT8 for a F150 supercrew. Love the truck but was sad to see my HP go away. Needed something to drive in snow and with enough room for 4 adults.

You get to keep the man card because you have a logic based decision....happens to the best of us.

Back