Need help picking a new (used) sports car,..anyone?

Help me choose my next used car, if you please.

• Mercedes CLK55 AMG

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Mercedes CLK 500 convertible

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Lexus SC430

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Infinity G35

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
HA, i've seen that video before!

VERY slick ride, and a vert to boot!!!

:bowdown:

KB setup or something else?

it is a tt, built motor and a th400 auto. i just sold it last july. I miss it but no regrets though. fastest stock computer vert termi on the planet to date. after driving the car in that video it all felt worth it...

it is a tt, built motor and a th400 auto. i just sold it last july. I miss it but no regrets though. fastest stock computer vert termi on the planet to date. after driving the car in that video it all felt worth it...

I'm sure.... that 60 ft was no joke.... had to feel like you left your brain back at the lights...

best 60 ft to date for me was a high 1.4x (cant recall the exact number)

even that felt amazing, but im sure yours was something all together different..

much respect to the termi's

What year, how many miles, and what condition is the Mercedes CLK55 AMG that it can be had for under $15k? ???

I'd have to also throw in an older BMW M3 and an Audi A3 turbo in the mix.

That was going to be my question ??? Not only are they not cheap they are not cheap to keep Haven't seen a G35 for under 15 K in semi decent condition either. Buying one of those imports in poor condition or with the thought of upgrades could be more than a new SS Camaro or Challenger SRT 8 or a very nice pony from Ford.

How about you find those deals post pics an then ask again which one looks good :laugh:

i LOVED smacking EVO'S with my mustang! the look on the kids faces were priceless when i walked them by 3 bus lengths...

The Evo's can made to run hard I am just not sure how hard he want to run for under 15K :dunno: you can get the basic mold for under 15K I can only imagine then you pop the hood an empty a dumptruck load of cash:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a nice clean looking g35 down the road from where I'm staying in nv for 14k sweet car but the gadgets and gizmos worry me in cars like those. They look great though.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd take a pontiac, chevy, dodge, or ford any day over a benz, infiniti, or lexus. The aftermarket for most of those cars suck and parts are hard to find unless you go to the stealer. Which I'm sure the first time the hvac or window motor goes out you'll be hating life. They all break down I don't care what anyone says. I've broke every brand of car just about and if I haven't I know someone that's has. Its more about how much to fix vs the perceived how often.

And why are people selling these higher milaeage cars? You could walk into a basket case.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's exactly what is holding me back. The cost of replacement parts. My friends window motor went out on Lexus (not sure what model). The motor is $500 alone. However, the drivetrain and suspension will almost run out of the numbers, WITH 169,000 miles. Otherwise, perfect.

I'm not bashing domestic product, but the imports just have a different quality thought process (not barring the recent Yota issues). I can't justify going back to a product that spent many years thinking of quality as "when can we get people back to the dealership" mentality.

Where as the early datsun, honda, and toyota were building cars that wouldn't be back to the dealerships for YEARS. More analretentive engineers is suposse, but they made a better product unencumbered by politics.

IMHO,
Chris

Most are craiglist but some are located at variousl small dealerships. Probably the small guys that go to the auctions and bring back killer deals.

I've often thought about the mileage issues v/s abuse. I'm hoping that a different "type" of person buys a NEW $90,000 car and treats it a bit "different". Versus a "type" like ME who buys a 07 Honda coup and hammers the crap out of it,... all the time.

I know I would be hesistant to buy MY Honda at 75,000 miles. I'm hoping that the different "type" may drive his Mercedes CLK bit "better".

Thoughts....,
Chris

Im not sure of your tatse but this is some pics of the cars you speak of so i hope these are the ones but i would have to say from my opinoin the infinity looks more sporty and still has the i have kids look:laugh: 06mercedes-clk-55-amg.jpg

g35-10.jpg

lexus sc430.jpg

qcpkmvyi3led.jpg

06mercedes-clk-55-amg.jpg

g35-10.jpg

lexus sc430.jpg

qcpkmvyi3led.jpg

Don't get me wrong the RS4 might be out of his price range, but it is just so damn sick. I would love to have one of them in my garage. I also wouldn't mind having a slightly used and heavily modified EVO 8. Good luck in finding what you want.

Back