Need help with a decision.....

04Duramax

Registered
So here goes.. I think it's time to sell my truck.. but its hard to let it go. It's an 08' Tundra that I have sank somewhere around $10K into with the lowering kit, wheels, body work, interior, stereo, performance parts and the list goes on. The only down side is that it's a 2 seater and now i have a family. I bought the truck back in late 07'.. then in 09' my daughter was born. It puts a small strain on us since we only have one car that me the wife and my daughter fit in, and the miles are starting to climb at a rapid rate. So I think it may be time to let go of my other baby.. ok well third baby. Nothing out on the market grabs my attention though... I have no clue what to do. I absolutely can not drive a car that I don't like.. and I usually strive to buy stuff that are a little more on the rare side.. without having a monthly payment through the roof (did that once and will never do it again... brand new Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG.. bad choice) Anyways.. kinda have it narrowed down to a 2012 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara (always wanted a Jeep) or I found a MOPAR edition Dodge Charger. Does anyone else have any suggestions.. Here's a pic of my truck just so you have an idea of what I'm talking about..

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

The Charger its a mean looking car, and if you do mods like you done on the truck, Wooo... Im going to have to give it a vote.

The charger looks good but do some research on resale value of them. I believe they were in the Consumer's Digest 10 worst last year.

if u got thw jeep I know some good places to test it out....just saying could be fun.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Exactly.. I want to try to split up the miles, the wife already pust about 40 miles a day on hers just going to work. As for resale values I looked it up and the Charger was not on the worst list and I'm kinda leaning towards the fact that it's since a limited eidtion numbered car (#743 of 900 built in the USA) that it should hold it's value a little more. Also since I already own an 4WD SUV the wife kindfa doesnt want another one. Maybe I'll trade both in and get both lol. I really like both vehicles.. I think I can use the Jeep more often.. but the Charger gets better MPG (on the hwy) and it will fit 5 adults comfortably.

The Wranglers got a new engine for 2012 which added 83 horsepower, 2 MPG, and it still has a 100,000 mile warranty. My wife has been driving a rental Wrangler for the past week, and I'm just about convinced that an Unlimited will be the next new car on my side of the garage.

As far as selling the truck, I totally understand where you are. We don't have kids yet, but looking ahead, the regular cab was one of the reasons I let mine go.

Yeah the new engine is the only reason why I am considering a new Jeep.

As far as a new Truck.. I never use the one I have now as a truck.. I have a trailer for the bike and never really move anything big enough to constitue owning one anymore.

Did not read your whole post, but chargers are very hard to see out of and they are very light in the butt if you know what I mean, so I would keep that beautiful truck or go with the Jeep. :laugh:

Well, you said you like rare and alrady have an SUV....so why we still talking about? Go get a new Limited Addition Charger. Then let me take it out for a spin and test it out for you; I have to make sure its safe enought for you to put the baby in. :)

Well, you said you like rare and alrady have an SUV....so why we still talking about? Go get a new Limited Addition Charger. Then let me take it out for a spin and test it out for you; I have to make sure its safe enought for you to put the baby in. :)

Hahahaha ummmm ok I'd really appreciate that LOL. I am going to go look at both tonight possibly (at the same dealer) and go from there... kinda leaning more twoards the Charger though.. especially since it's almost $4K less than the Jeep.

Dibs on driving the charger before lil charlie

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

You cant call dibs after I already called it. What stupid playground did you grow up on?

^^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHA!

As for putting a cap on the truck I already have one.. like I said I never use my truck for truck related purposes.. so no point in owning one.

I went and looked at both tonight.. and I think I am leaning more towards the Jeep. More headroom and easier to get my daughter in and out of. plus she liked it more. Not going to make any rash decisions am going to sit back and think about it for a few days.

The Jeep is more of a family car but the Charger is fun. Either way I still have dibs, and while were at it....SHOTGUN for life!

Back