Drove a few hemis today

My Dodge has no clue what gas mileage is. He!!, It can't even spell it! BUT It has always done everything I've ever asked it to workwise without a complaint misfire or issue. Got 70K on it now ( 4Dr 1500 LWB 4X4) I regularly pull my 10K lb forklift on my 3500 lb trailer with no issues. I put air bags on it fill 'em up and motor down the road averaging 75 mph. I've owned them all and I gotta say my next truck is gonna be another Dodge (#5 )
hope your Jeep is everything you want it to be. You won't have to worry about the engine in it if ya got the Hemi...

My Dodge has no clue what gas mileage is. He!!, It can't even spell it! BUT It has always done everything I've ever asked it to workwise without a complaint misfire or issue. Got 70K on it now ( 4Dr 1500 LWB 4X4) I regularly pull my 10K lb forklift on my 3500 lb trailer with no issues. I put air bags on it fill 'em up and motor down the road averaging 75 mph. I've owned them all and I gotta say my next truck is gonna be another Dodge (#5 )
hope your Jeep is everything you want it to be. You won't have to worry about the engine in it if ya got the Hemi...
Man I love that HEMI. The hills on the highways around here just plain suckazz with the little 4-banger we had in the Wrangler. Had to get up to 80 MPH at the bottom to hold 55 MPH by the time we hit the top. This new sucka hardly notices the difference. 300-plus HP baby! Skeeerewww the mileage!

I work at a dodge dealer during the day. Personaly the onlly truck i would have is a 2500 or 3500 4wd cumins. And yes they have true hemi heads. Ive drivin a 6.1 srt8 300c 425hp very nice not worth 43g though. Now the new chalenger is going to have to go in my garage

... and check around for gas mileage figures on the hemi before you buy any of them..  Everybody I talk to (and I talk to alot) say it sucks... even the ones that are exagerating are still saying 14-15mpg.

pretty crappy mileage even if it does have a little extra hp when you can look at a 300hp tahoe that will get almost 19 on a trip... and higher resell.
Plus the 07 tahoes have the displacement on demand thing that (so far) is working like a charm and pushing the gas mileage up into the low 20's and even higher than that on a trip.

all that being said.. i'd probably go with the grand cherokee because it is a proven vehicle...

dodge trucks drive like log trucks, and the commander.. I dunno..  I'd buy a tahoe before it based on looks alone.
My Dodge Magnum gets 25+ MPG. Its got the Hemi motor.
I am not exaggerating either. Its verifiable. (Thats even averaging in my runs at the strip with a shot of gas!)

Dodge is making reliable vehicles these days. I'll put the quality of my car up against most out there now.

Sorry - but the K-Car is long gone........
+1 I get 25+mpg on the highway with cruise control. City driving is a different story 14-15

If your looking for reliable, why are you looking at a dodge
laugh.gif
Yes, I'm a chevy guy. I would stay away the grand cherokee.i have heard and seen to many horror stories about them (tranny), but the other 2 seem fine. dodge did right by remaking the hemi. seems to be the best engine they build.
I'd stay away from Dodge and GM! By the way, HEMI is just a trade mark that Dodge has maintained over the years. The likely hood of you buying a current "HEMI" and having the same kind of engine that was built in the 70s is 1000 to 1.
Thats not true it does have hemi heads its a true hemi. Just not a 440 or 426. But it is a Hemi. 5.7L.
Not knocking your hemi, I'm sure it does have hemispherical heads. But, I remember reading that the original hemis were the most over engineered engines ever built. Talking about rods, bearings, down to the smallest parts. That's why drag racers of that era loved them. They were almost impossible to destroy.

I'm probably speaking out of school when referring to your engine. Sorry.

... and check around for gas mileage figures on the hemi before you buy any of them..  Everybody I talk to (and I talk to alot) say it sucks... even the ones that are exagerating are still saying 14-15mpg.

pretty crappy mileage even if it does have a little extra hp when you can look at a 300hp tahoe that will get almost 19 on a trip... and higher resell.
Plus the 07 tahoes have the displacement on demand thing that (so far) is working like a charm and pushing the gas mileage up into the low 20's and even higher than that on a trip.

all that being said.. i'd probably go with the grand cherokee because it is a proven vehicle...

dodge trucks drive like log trucks, and the commander.. I dunno..  I'd buy a tahoe before it based on looks alone.
My Dodge Magnum gets 25+ MPG. Its got the Hemi motor.
I am not exaggerating either. Its verifiable. (Thats even averaging in my runs at the strip with a shot of gas!)

Dodge is making reliable vehicles these days. I'll put the quality of my car up against most out there now.

Sorry - but the K-Car is long gone........
+1   I get 25+mpg on the highway with cruise control.  City driving is a different story   14-15
13.9 mpg on mine is about the best i get. but its still stock .dont know if will get any better when iam done.

Back