today is going to be rough.

red1100cc

Registered
i am delivering a eulogy for a friend later today. and im having a rough morning of it.
i am looked upon as "the Preacher Man" but i am not a minister, im not even a member of the CMA. but my brothers ans sisters know where i stand with God, and i do seem to be able to to "handle" the passing of a friend better than others.

i cut it down from 6 pages. i hope i deliver it well. :please:

A celebration of life, you know you can feel it, I felt it when I got here. People deal with death in different ways. But no one does it better than us bikers. No one can better celebrate life ,as those that really live it and know the feeling of freedom and the bonds of brotherhood formed on two (and sometimes 3) wheels. Than Us bikers.

Many memorial services , eulogies, are like fish stories. Mean people are suddenly remembered good natured, self centered people as generous, heathens as saints, positive traits exaggerated, negative ones forgotten.
Today we have no reason to lie!

Russell James Newman, most of us knew him as PacMan, was born August 24th 1944.
To parents Betty Lou Wilcox/Newman and James Carl Newman.

During his life Pacman lived many places including Oklahoma, California, and Chiuaua Mexico; though in all the time I knew him, he called Casper his home.

Through out his life Pacman had many jobs including
Sport coat model,
Cowboy and Horse wrangler,
Service manager at Chevrolet,
he was a Welder at Watco, and made a part time living as a unlicensed pharmacist.

He is member of the 2nd Brigade Motorcycle Club, and long time member of Wyoming Central ABATE.

He was Baptized at the 1st southern Baptist church here in Casper, and attended the Church of the Road as often as possible.

Russ is proceeded in death by his Father James Carl Newman

And survived by his mother Betty Lou Wilcox/Numan,
His brother Ken Newman,
Sons Jim and Dean Newman,
Daughters Kim Perez and Denise Salsbury,

Many Ex-wives,
And numerous grandchildren.
As well as all the rest of his brothers and sisters, near and far.

PacMan loved his grand kids and did his best to teach them about the History of our American Wars. Forcing them to watch the history channel with him as to better teach them about our Vets, what they have been through and fought for, as well as why and how we should honor them.

He was also a man never to go without food. Be it month old saddle bag tacos, or fresh from under the couch pizza,
and I am sure he was the consumer of some of the most dangerous summer sausage in the world.

And he was always willing to share, be it dangerous summer sausage or his favorite bottle. He never let a brother go without. .. Or be left behind,

As I well found out when I rode back from Prescott Arazona with him
Maxing out at 65mph on my old goldwing, changing spark plugs ever 60 miles or so dealing with a crummy carb, never once did he complain, or even threaten to leave me behind.
It wasn’t in his vocabulary to leave a brother stranded on the side of the road.

He held close what it means to be a Brother, and working together as Brothers. Be it the persistence it took to pass a law, like our handicapped motorcycle license plate law (he got the 1st handicapped motorcycle license plate in the state of Wyoming by the way) or what it would take for us to get back from Arizona, with my puttsy Wing and then we found our selves broke in Holbrook Arizona. (our credit card quit workin because of how we had been paying for gas). We worked Together!

We made it back, it was an adventure of a lifetime for me, but ol Pac never seemed to sweat it. Just took everything in stride. No worries.
Nothing but a simple wave as we parted ways when we got back to Casper.
Long pause

And that’s how he left us Brothers and Sisters, with a Simple wave.

Russ “PacManâ€￾ Newman, left this world December 2nd 2011
It was a beautiful, crisp, sunny morning.
His friends and family, Brothers and Sisters by his side.
He left this world, not going down in a firey blaze of glory, but with a simple wave.

At this time I would like to read yall a poem

Bikeing oil was in his blood,
Petrol flowing through his heart.
Throttle revving but the flood,
Meant his engine Wouldn't start.
The exhaust sounding rather rough,
Its noise as cutting as a knife.
The gallant spark not quite enough,
To fire his engine into life.
The key was turned, the button pushed,
Expecting now a biking roar,
But the engine ... knackered ... bushed,
Wouldn't function any more.
PacMan has died but still,
His soul rides onward to the west.
His wheels role onward, vale and hill,
He soon will find eternal rest.
So we'll mount up and onward ride,
Remembering well the man who died.
Towards the sunset on our road,
Our biker Bro who's gone before.

Thank you for the memories Pacman , I will cherish them forever.

And thank you Brothers and Sisters.

Russell James Newman (Pacman)

:please: pray the good Lord give me strength today! im going to need it!:please:

RIP Pacman

My thoughts are with you today! My deepest condolences!!

sent from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

You'll do fine Brother.. Sorry for your loss, hang in there. He's in a better place.

This is a great day to celebrate Pac Man's life. It brings a smile to my face reading about his life and a good life it was!

RIP Pac Man!

Keep your chin up brother, you are leaned on because you have what it takes to lead your brothers and sisters through this time. As it is a celebration of life, and a time to be happy for your friend who has passed on. God bless my friend.

thank you all for your kind words.
everything went well today.
i didn't stand there with my knees locked til i passed out. i didn't break or cry until it was over.
i held everything together and pretty much ran my 1st funeral.
i have spoken at a dozen funerals, but had never had to run one. .:please:

that was really hard!
everyone said i did a really good job.
darnit! i can see this will not be the last one i do.
i guess when you have alot of friends, you go to alot of funerals.

we had it at the VFW. leave it to Pac to find a church with a bar. :beerchug: and it was needed.

there were over 400 people, friends family Brothers and Sisters, at the service.

im still kind of freaking out. i dont know if i should take a larazapam or have a shot.

it seems i have earned a road name. we will see where it ends up. some are calling me "the preacher man" others call me "Revrend Russ".
i don't think i like either one.

im just a dude.
i have the ability to speak in public.
i have an intimate relashonship with God. we argue, and fight, but we talk alot.
i am not a Christian holyer than thou, club member.
i am not really assoaciated with any church at all.

but my Brothers and Sisters look to ME.
and i don't know why.

life is nothing but confusing.

i have heard of the "calling", but have never seen it take over someone as it is doing to me. i never asked for this. i never wanted it. but i seem to be able to "do it".

it makes my heart hurt soo much.

i didn't eat anything today, and i seem to have misplaced my car.

thank you for letting me vent to yall.

bless you.

Dang, Russ, have a shot get some sleep. And I hope you find your car. :laugh: But in all seriousness, it sounds like you did well. And whether you want it or not, God has already decided who we are. Is it fate, is it a calling, or simply a blessing to the people who know you in respect to the comfort and leadership you have provided? Either way, it is life and life is not defined by us as an individual, but rather what we do and how we affect others around us.

Back