Ny times today sickens me...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Mourad Benchellali, a former 2-year detainee in Guantanamo Bay, who is currently awaiting trial on terrorist charges and whose father, half-brother and mother were convicted as terrorists in of all places, France, was given the right to publish his side of the story by the NY times!!!  This just sickens me.

In his article he says he was on vacation in Pakistan (he was living in Paris...huh?) with his half-brother and before he knew it he was in the confines of a terrorist camp for two months.  Once he left he was caught by the Pakistani gov't. and turned over to the U.S.

Why in freakin' God's name is the NY Times giving this guy his own editorial on how he is a victim of circumstance while being on "vacation" in Pakistan?  (My wife and I are heading there next month ourselves).

If this was done in WWII they would have burned the NY Times to the ground.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150378250 -->

That was my rant, but that is BS. Sorry, sorry, I digress.

1...breathe...2...breathe...3...breathe...

You're right...breathe...1,2,3,4,5...
smile.gif

I don't understand media most of the time; they probably felt his story needed to be told or some lame reason like that...
wow.gif

Just curious, but am I the only one who saw this or just the only who cares?

I don’t read the news paper.

I very rarely watch the news on TV.

As far as I am concerned the news media have now proven to be one sided with their own agenda. there is no such thing as un-biased reporting as far as I am concerned.

And further more, I can assure you since I work for the government, I see crap on TV about the government and our military that I know for a fact is anywhere from skewed, to totally wrong.

What they often will do is “GUESSâ€￾ at stuff that might be classified in someway, and most of the time they will get it wrong. But because it is classified the government can’t very well correct them because that would either be confirming or denying what the news media publishes.

So all the government can do is sit by and watch all the lies and misinformation that is put out to the public without the ability to counter point

And the public believes it for one, because the news media says and it is true, and two because the government doesn’t dispute it. The general public never takes into consideration it can’t be disputed because of national security reasons.

Sorry, I should have posted this before. Hope this works.

Attachments

• FOXNews.com___Free_Video_Player.url
    328 bytes · Views: 88
I didn't see it but it would not surprise me coming from the NY Trash. Nothing like aiding and comforting the enemy.    
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Ride_or_Fish
Reason for Edit: "z"|1150423503 -->

The link went to a screen with video news clips, but not to any one news story. I went to nytimes.com and looked around too... I'm not really interested in what they have to say since I loath that rag and wouldn't use it for kitty litter either.

The link went to a screen with video news clips, but not to any one news story. I went to nytimes.com and looked around too...  I'm not really interested in what they have to say since I loath that rag and wouldn't use it for kitty litter either.
Yes, it will take you to a screen and ask you to "Open" and then the video page pops up (may ask you to pick your connection speed) probably with a 30 second commercial before the story comes on. Yes, it's Bill O'Reilly who is a blowhard at times but he tells things how they are w/out all the BS.

If you have a chance try again and let me know if it works or not.

IMO Newspapers are good for three things. Wrapping fish, Starting a fire in the fireplace and wiping your azz in the woods. Don't waste my time reading them 'cause it all lies and "feelings" anyway.

I don’t read the news paper.

I very rarely watch the news on TV.

As far as I am concerned the news media have now proven to be one sided with their own agenda. there is no such thing as un-biased reporting as far as I am concerned.

And further more, I can assure you since I work for the government, I see crap on TV about the government and our military that I know for a fact is anywhere from skewed, to totally wrong.

What they often will do is “GUESSâ€￾ at stuff that might be classified in someway, and most of the time they will get it wrong. But because it is classified the government can’t very well correct them because that would either be confirming or denying what the news media publishes.

So all the government can do is sit by and watch all the lies and misinformation that is put out to the public without the ability to counter point

And the public believes it for one, because the news media says and it is true, and two because the government doesn’t dispute it. The general public never takes into consideration it can’t be disputed because of national security reasons.
+1 You are right. You are not suppose to comment on SSI data let alone Classified.... It's a shame that they gave this fool a platform. Kind of like the law allowing the DC area sniper to represent himself and interview the family and vics of his shootings. I don't think I could let him stand in front of me, asking questions. By the way, the other cat Malvo, just spilled the beans about 2 or 4 more shootings....

Back