Ready to hear More about my inability to find

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
<span style='color:burlywood'>OK, I've been leaving you all out of this, I know you got to get tired of it... Hell I am getting tired of it. But believe it or not it's still ongoing...

I drove an 07 GT, NOT the GT/CS which has 18" wheels, a lowered suspension, and different front end. I think this may be part of what was wrong. The last mustang I drove had the CS package and really felt a lot more dialed than this one last night. The Mustang I drove last night was just plain old sloppy...

It felt like I was trying to lead the drunken fat lady across a dance floor. Sure she is willing enough but her chassis just isn't up to the task. Wallowy and slow to react. The Engine on the other hand is a lot of fun, though nowhere near where it should be for a claimed 300HP. Seems like by the time you're really generating some steam, it's time to shift... I was surprised this time by it's lack of revs. I mean it just kept catching me out and combined with a monster flywheel effect, it was just bizarre. Trying to match my RPMS to my speed while down shifting was difficult with the way the thing took awhile to rev, then would hang out at those revs. Did sound wonderful though. So sloppy drunk woman handling, engine that sounds the part but peters out too early, and an interior that is terrific... For 1972. OK it's not that bad unless you compare it to the RX. The Transmission is fairly direct really and has a good solid feel to it. The crappiest thing is Fords attempt at the E-brake. I dunno how hard it is to build, but this is huge, ugly, awkward to use and just in the wrong place. Again, I dunno how hard it is to get right... but Ford couldn't handle it this time. Frustrating, it's the lack of details that deals the final blow.

The instrument cluster though and the ability to change the led colors is kind of a fun toy for about 6 minutes though. Now then, the damn useless "Shaker 1000" stereo system... THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IS ANNOYING. I dunno who or if they employed a sound engineer but the sound out of this "SHAKER 1000" is comical. Sounds like a High school kid with overly baggy pants, feeling "pretty Fly" dropped his two twelves in his trunk and called it good... Not to mention that where they mounted the subs in the trunk is completely in the way and eliminates the possibility of getting golf clubs back there. So WTF? Very frustrating.

So, For looking at and cruising around slowly listening to the motor. The GT should be plenty fun, but if you're a driver, and like a communicative chassis, and inspirational engine? Stay away from the Mustang GT, pisser. Feels quick in a straight line though...

OH AND FUNNIEST PART OF THE NIGHT? Guess WTF they were asking for their GT500 Convertible? Go ahead... $38K over Sticker... I'm not making it up. YUP $83,000 and this GT500 could be yours. I laughed and laughed... Who the hell would pay $83,000 when even a Regular Vette, not even a Z06 can still hand your ass to you for $30k less? $83k for a 5 second 0-60 Ford? This is silly and I found it amusing. WTF are people thinking? I hope the GT500 Rusts on the lot...</span>

OK Screw ALL of that... I just Drove the 335i Whew... Check out below.

Revlis

Donating Member
Registered
I have an appointment today in Seattle at the BMW dealership, hopefully this impresses me. I really want to be blown away by the 335i, it would simplify things and restore my faith in Automotive engineers.

I'll tell you though, I am not going to spend money on a Brand new BMW unless I am completely blown out of the water. It has to better in every way than the RX, not just have a little more headroom. Bonus is that if I am blown away by the 335i I get to order it brand new, everything the way I want it... That's got me kind of excited... Flip side is that if I order it now, it doesn't arrive for 45 days...
crazy.gif

How the hell do you wait for 45 days?
rock.gif

0733_04.jpg

Dunno what it is, but the 3 series has been a huge favorite for years. I've been wanting an M3, but this new twin turbo 335i is supposed to right there, just a bit more civilized.
0733_03_sm.jpg

Revlis

Donating Member
Registered
OH OH... I'd be leasing the new 335i, I haven't changed my tune on buying new!!! BMW has a pretty damn nice lease offer going and I only put about 3k miles on my car since last year... so Yeah, a lease is a great option for me.

Oh and my insurance with a $250 deductible will go up $70 every 6 months...
super.gif

Revlis

Donating Member
Registered
Sorry VA, I know you love Mustangs, I was pretty bummed last night after what would be my third test drive.

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
ohhhhhhh...I like that Beamer!!!  That is one sleak car...

Wow, well I have to say that just based on the looks alone, the new Mustangs looked like they'd quite possibly feel kind of like driving a bus, just faster...I love the looks of 'em, but I was curious about the handling and feel for such a larger car compared to the past models...sounds like the bells and whistles are just that too.  We did sit in a base model 2006 and I wasn't impressed; it felt cheaper than most base model Mustangs I've looked at, and of course I wouldn't settle for a base line model anyway, but damn on that cost!  
SHOCKED.gif

And you've been telling me to go for one over fixing up my little '95 GT  
tounge.gif

For that kind of money, I'd have an entire fleet of cool toys!!!  That's just insane...those, my friend, are "Miami prices"...only see 'em in the sunshine state where the money flows right along with the silicone  
laugh.gif

So, <s>Mustang</s>

Thanks for the insight...I seriously don't regret holding on to my fast becoming "rare" GT 5.0...  
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Lucky34

Registered
I've hear really good things about the 335.... I'm a bigger fan of the M3 though... sure it's not as "civilized" as the 335, but dayum... gotta love that crazy fast M3... I think it's one of the funnest cars to drive
super.gif

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Rev, the subs mounted in the truck are mounted in the bottom portion of the truck or are they up under the back windows like mine? Mike's new Stang has the subs and equipment mounted in the bottom of the truck; can't carry crap in that car...very irritating...

That car looks like it should have a sizeable trunk, but I can tell you that most Mustangs aren't know for the "roomy" factor beyond those in the front seat...I can barely store groceries in mine LOL

Post up the M3 you're talking about...
lurk.gif

Revlis

Donating Member
Registered
Yeah the subs are bolted to the floor of the trunk, right hand side, right in the corner closest to you so they are totally right in the way. Really irritating. Hell the Baggy Pants kid has them tucked up against the back seat at least...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
(Revlis @ Feb. 13 2007,13:31) Yeah the subs are bolted to the floor of the trunk, right hand side, right in the corner closest to you so they are totally right in the way.  Really irritating.  Hell the Baggy Pants kid has them tucked up against the back seat at least...
laugh.gif

Perhaps a U-Haul attached to the back would help? That thing have room for a hitch?
tounge.gif

Revlis

Donating Member
Registered
(Lucky34 @ Feb. 13 2007,09:49) I've hear really good things about the 335.... I'm a bigger fan of the M3 though... sure it's not as "civilized" as the 335, but dayum... gotta love that crazy fast M3... I think it's one of the funnest cars to drive
super.gif
I think I'll go ahead with the 335i, then in three years I'll pick up a couple year old New M3 with the V8 in it maybe. We'll see. What I've been reading though is that the 335i is right there performance wise.

Although, it has no limited slip rear differential... WTF is up with that? I know it's really only useful in the streets for burnouts and having fun but still. I hate open differentials, so I will have to see how it works and feels. The theory is that is BMW left it off their is probably a compelling reason for them to do so...

Revlis

Donating Member
Registered
(VaBusa @ Feb. 13 2007,10:39) Do you get to test drive the BMW today?
Yeah, I'll be driving a couple. The 335i and the 328xi (all wheel drive). Both with a manual and the tiptronic just to see what I think. The Tiptronic is a manual shift option automatic and if it's done well then that might be my tranny. We'll see.

I am actually pretty darned excited. I would like to be able to build my own car exactly the way I want it and have it delivered. That's pretty neat. Then in a few years I can just walk away, or lease or buy a new one, or buy it if I decide to. Pretty cool.

I just hope that it rocks my world, if it doesn't there is just no point in spending the money...

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Wonder what happened ? All the GT500's presold a year ago. Z06 yes, corvette no. Wonder what they'll fetch in 20 years.

I found something much better and cheaper at livernoismotorsports. It hangs with the 1/4 mil vettes and vipers. Later.

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Hey rev, just sat in that 335 the other day at the car show! Pics dont do it justice. Awsome car. I hope your not very big though. I'm 6' and wide at the shoulders. I had zero head room and little side to side. If your under those specs, you should be ok, its awsome.

Yeah it's still a good snug fit, but I have enough head room to be comfortable and that is the difference. Just enough. But I will pay closer attention on Friday when I go back. If the Coupe is touching my head then I'll do the 335i sedan. I drove one and as well and it's wonderful.

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
(GSXTacy @ Feb. 13 2007,15:13) Hey rev, just sat in that 335 the other day at the car show! Pics dont do it justice. Awsome car. I hope  your not very big though. I'm 6' and wide at the shoulders. I had zero head room and little side to side. If your under those specs, you should be ok, its awsome.
He's driving his RX-8 now...can't be much smaller than that, can it?
tounge.gif

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northernstar