The elusive "wave"

This season more than ever my waves were not returned (mostly from Harley types) .
When I'm not on the 'Busa I'm in my mildly lifted / modified Jeep Wrangler , and many Jeeps wave at each other , but mostly the ones very similar to mine wave at me .
So I've gotten used to the idea similar riders / drivers feel this imaginary brotherhood , but not all want to express it publicly .

Not that many bikes around on the back roads here, so unless it's in heavy traffic, I wave at all bikes I meet. I don't care if they wave back or not, most do, but if they don't, oh well.
As for the German tour guide in the afore posted article stating that no one waves because they are consentrating on proficient riding, I'd would have had to ask him, "do you all really have that much trouble riding your bikes?"
I'm not that great of a rider, but if I had to consentrate so hard just to get down the road, that I couldn't risk tipping someone a quick wave, I believe I'd consider trying a different form of transportation. Such as, public.:laugh:

I think it would be good to wave to all Harley guys, despite the few rough and tumble guys. I'm sure many of them are ok guys and many would probably be humbled if a guy on a hayabusa waved to them. There's so much animosity these days that can disappear if we all go out of our way to be nice (like so many members here already :beerchug:)

I've had almost an entire group of 1% riders wave as I went by at a good lean while holding a peace sign out. The only ones that didn't wave back looked at me like I was a little crazy. That was in Montana somewhere last year.

I own both an 05 LE busa and an 05 harley dyna wide glide. I usually dont wave at anybody :lol:. I do find that on my harley nearly everyone (sport and harley types) waves. But, on my busa, its usually just the sportbikes.

I alwave to other bikers. Very few HD riders wave back. It is bad here. Pull up to a stop light and a HD rider is at the light, the creep will act as if you are not there. Speak to them and most will turn their nose up.

I don`t wave to many HD riders because of this attitude. They can :moon: , :laugh:

as some of you know i have an 01 gsxr 750 and a 03 busa when i meet harley guys on the road on the 750 no wave , but on the busa they wave i like to think its from respect for i,we ,ride the fastest bike on the planet :thumbsup:

Love the wave! It's a nice gesture that shows our respect for others. :thumbsup: Everyone of us riding take a chance everytime we leave the house that we may not come back again. To me it's just a way to say...I respect you bro! :beerchug:

I return waves but don't initiate them, too many riders in my area...it would get old waving constantly :laugh:

+1 I've started to reduce the wave to those who wave first. Sometimes if I can't wave back for some reason I almost worry If the other person is pissed. There's just times that you can't.???

I wave all the time. That is if I see them and I am not busy shifting or braking. Most wave back. If you are paying attention to the road you should notice everything. Even fellow bikers going the other way or at a intersection.

I wave all the time. That is if I see them and I am not busy shifting or braking. Most wave back. If you are paying attention to the road you should notice everything. Even fellow bikers going the other way or at a intersection.

I like that, very good point!
As a rider we should be aware of all things around us, and not get tunnel vision.
Thanks
Bubba

Back