THE ANSWER

ehh... I agree with what you guys are saying mostly..

I don't really see the need for a major cleansing though..

Yeah we have few weirdos.. but mostly everybody does their thing.. just lately lots of new members that expect this board to be like all the rest of the boards..

give em' time.. they will learn.. or they will get so aggravated they'll just go away by themselves...

happens every summer seems like.

How about allowing the core members a vote to remove the trash or otherwise disruptive, unhelpfull and boring members? That would allow everyone here to be judged by a jurry of thier peers and perhaps make some of them think a little before they go spewing thier cr*p around.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120356318 -->

Yeah, I agree with EGO on the new membership thing, lately there have been so many new screen names popping up that I don't recognize. Some of the problem is not all these new members are Busa owners, and probably never will be. I don't have a solution, but I do miss the bike talk and pic sharing and weekend ride updates we all use to share. There's been more arguing and BS here recently with not a whole lot of actual bike info to post to.

Being a new member or (Rookie) I would have to agree with Race1gun about the membership fee... Not having alot of technical or problem solving knowledge with the busa I would be lost or shelling out some serious dough for what I find here for free... Don't think I have ever offended anyone... There are a ton of members with more knowledge than most of the wrench turners you speak with at the shops... And I would hate to see even one of them leave for any reason... So if it is a money issue to keep out the trolls or the idiot posters... So be it! what exactly is a tre... I mean troll?

WWJD can have them all killed. He said just to wire him the cash...no wait, that was that group of stunters.  
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120380342 -->

What about a probationary membership period? Then the group votes on making them full fledged members? Maybe with probationary status you can only see certain forums......

Pics of the member with the bike sent to prove the Busa Ownership along with VIN's. Could weed out poser Busa wanna be's and have a data base of vin's for theft prevention...

Downside is it would take a while to put it together and maintain...

If you cant prove you own it, you probably don't...
cool.gif

Hi Gang. I’m one of those “boringâ€￾ members who don’t usually have much to say. I just sit back and read mostly. I have gotten lots of good info off of this site (Sidestand mod, hump mod, and yes, my shifter shaft was loose! What’s a TRE???) At the same time, I don’t cause any trouble here. I am a 2005 busa owner and would be willing to prove it. I would also be willing to pay to be a member.

I suspect that there are lots of people out there like me who mostly just sit back and watch. So please don’t target us! If you do come up with some sort of a weed-out process, keep us in mind too please! Thanks all.

Patrick

Not a bad idea but sounds like one more thing Cache would have to manage and I'm sure he already has enough of that. I think just completely ignoring stupid people's posts/pm's and pretty much just pretending they don't exist would probably do the trick. Although I could be classified as having been stupid a time or two myself. The VIP or select area may not be a bad idea to build on.

RSD, do you need a hug?
smile.gif

I would be willing to 'toss' around the idea and look into a vip lounge type thing....

I've been a member on alot of other boards for various things/etc and some have members only or whatever areas. I never went there tho.

--------------------------------------------------

start posting up what you think would be good requirements for a vip lounge (other than owning a busa) and lets go from there.........................

I know I don't get on here much and also I owe NitrousJunkie pics of the exhaust that he sold me, but I do like this board it has a professional attitude most of the time I am on it. I like to be able to ask questions and people don't give BS answers. Thats what we are all here for. So I am with you on taking out the trash.

Might I suggest a separate, private (VIP) area of the forum?  This would be a place that only approved contributing members have access to.  One of the knife forums that I'm a member of is set up like this.  It's great for the active members to have a place to discuss issues and deal with problems and socialize......."behind the scenes".

Also, membership there requires filling out basic registration info. Name, address, Email. No nameless, faceless people behind the screen name.  You can't lurk unless you join. You can't join unless you register.  This cuts down a TON of the usual forum BS. It also makes it very easy for the mods to take out the trash!!  It's the smoothest running, most secure forum, I've ever seen.
I like this idea!
+1 !!
Make that +2

Might I suggest a separate, private (VIP) area of the forum?  This would be a place that only approved contributing members have access to.  One of the knife forums that I'm a member of is set up like this.  It's great for the active members to have a place to discuss issues and deal with problems and socialize......."behind the scenes".

Also, membership there requires filling out basic registration info. Name, address, Email. No nameless, faceless people behind the screen name.  You can't lurk unless you join. You can't join unless you register.  This cuts down a TON of the usual forum BS. It also makes it very easy for the mods to take out the trash!!  It's the smoothest running, most secure forum, I've ever seen.
I like this idea!
+1 !!
Make that +2
+3

as if cache and the other admins dont have enough to do already..

I'm all for getting rid of pricks from anywhere. I hope that if you don't own a Busa at the present time, automatically make you someone that needs to go. I love this board and all the good info you guys give. I figure I will be all that more informed when I can get me a Busa.

I'm all for getting rid of pricks from anywhere. I hope that if you don't own a Busa at the present time, automatically make you someone that needs to go. I love this board and all the good info you guys give. I figure I will be all that more informed when I can get me a Busa.
I think it's less about ownership and more about attitude.

I'm with Rubb & FL on this one, it's starting to get tiresome just trying to wonder through the trash to the "good" post! I'm also tired of seeing new members that own (10R's, 1000's & what not). We could also have a grandfather law for the members that owned a hayabusa & then changed: (such as BT....)

I'm just getting to the point of:
"I thought this was a hayabusa forum"!

I like this idea!
+1 !!
Make that +2
+3

as if cache and the other admins dont have enough to do already..
+ another

I may be booting myself out here, but I agree that with all the trolls and BS posts these days this place is getting pretty bad.

I remember when I first came on there were posts about rides that were taken on the weekend, someone having a technical issue and others piping in on what they did when they had the same issue. How about when a member was having a bad day and would post and get some feedback or harrassed depending on what was going on.

Yup, miss those days.

Like I said I may be voting myself out of the good side of this board, but enough is enough.

Back