The 13.5s are weeding themselves out...

LABusa

Donating Member
Registered
Found this post in a local forum on accidents. What a waste of a good set of George Forman grills...

"the girlfriend and i were on our way back from seein tim and faith last wed. night when a fellow on a zx-14 blew by on one wheel. i say blew by b/c we were doin 80-85 and he passed as if we were goin the other way. newayz about 2 miles up we passed his bike, then him limpin back to it. OH DID I MENTION HE WAS WEARING HIS ULTRA SAFE BLUE JEANS, MUSLE SHIRT AND SKATER SHOES!!!!!! OH I FORGOT HE HAD A HELMET ON. AT LEAST.
ANYWAYS as a fellow rider i stoped to see that he was ok, he was. come to find out this was his 2nd street bike, his firts was a vulcan 750. helped him get the bike good enough to get hiome and then asked "ou do have insurance right, ya know just to say a deer ran out and you swerved?"he replyed "well that was on my to do list for next week while im on vacation." so to sum it up lets do this

rider: dumb a$$

bike: totaled (frame cracked, bent, and twisted)

riding equipment damaged: none b/c there was none involved

total cost for a 4 day ride: about $13000.00 and very little brains"

Text edited for the .org
We might even have a new name for the 13.5. Instead of "Busa Beater" we can call them "Squid Removers".
Just another reminder to WEAR YOUR GEAR.
Thank's for your time...

wow.gif

Well at least he was smarter (although not much) than the Naked Wheelie biker who went down
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Got to admit, another Gene Pool Applicant
blush.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Hmmmmmmmm</span> .......13.5 Squid Remover ? Good one !
biggrin.gif

The only way a dealer (any dealer I've dealt w/ anyway) would allow me to walk w/ the bike/cage w/o showing proof of insurance was if I paid in full via cash and/or credit card.

So this Brilliant Rocket Scientist rolls off the showroom floor w/o coverage and then rides w/o coverage or "coverage".
rock.gif

mm mm mm

Afriad that happen sometime's on any give bike. Including the Busa's. DA's in my book.

I hate to hear aboutanyone dumping thier scoot, but it sounds like he was doing too many things in the dim bulb/low beam category...:(

Props to you for stopping and helping out.

But, what a tool that guy was....
I would help anyone in need out but this was just a post in a local forum (Rocketmadness.com) that I belong to.
Also, I hate to see anyone bite it, even the squids.
But you know what they say, squidly is as squidly does...

ppl don't think about, buying the protective gears...after buying the bike and thats it...spending anymore means either its a dumb or whatever...they don't spend nomore...period. sad...

I was looking at gear BEFORE i signed the paperwork. I told them to comp me the jacket and helmet, I mean i am paying them 10K for a bike the least they could do was throw some gear in for free.

Back