Texas Mile Tech Inspection

scrappy

Registered
So i was reading over the tech charts, and i noticed a few things...

1. Front Axel tight (safety wired) or pinch bolt.. im guessing the pinch bolts on the busa are good enough?? Or do these pinch bolts need safety were between them?

2. Brake pads less than 50% wear..... um.. this may seem like a no brainer but i am assuming they are asking if the pads are not more than 50% worn...

3. Operating kill switch or button accessible to the rider.. they don't require a safety tether? The stock kill switch will work?

4. Master link clip mounted correctly, safety wired or siliconed... I am still confused on this one. What part of the master link clip do they want safety wired?

5. Chain Guards must be metal... Are they requireing a metal case saver or just a chain guard that runs across the top of the swing-arm or both?

6. Anything else i should be aware of?? I am hoping my project will be done before march and i can try to make a trip to Texas and possibly see what the bike can do...

Last edited:
So i was reading over the tech charts, and i noticed a few things...

1. Front Axel tight (safety wired) or pinch bolt.. im guessing the pinch bolts on the busa are good enough?? Or do these pinch bolts need safety were between them?

Just the pinch bolts will pass tech. Not much more work to do the front axle and will be safer also.
2. Brake pads less than 50% wear..... um.. this may seem like a no brainer but i am assuming they are asking if the pads are not more than 50% worn...

You are correct
3. Operating kill switch or button accessible to the rider.. they don't require a safety tether? The stock kill switch will work?

You must have a kill tether switch.
4. Master link clip mounted correctly, safety wired or siliconed... I am still confused on this one. What part of the master link clip do they want safety wired?

I still haven't figured this one out yet so can't help you on this one

5. Chain Guards must be metal... Are they requireing a metal case saver or just a chain guard that runs across the top of the swing-arm or both?

They are talking about the chainguard only. You can purchase one from Tiger Racing

6. Anything else i should be aware of?? I am hoping my project will be done before march and i can try to make a trip to Texas and possibly see what the bike can do...

Registration is coming up on Sunday January 23rd. You must preregister and it goes quick. Last October they closed the registration within 2 days I think do to it filling up so quick.

PM GotBusa(Josh) and he will help you out as much as possible. Also click on the link in his signature and read up. It has answered a lot of my questions that I have came up with.

I plan on making my first trip down the Mile in March also so I hope to see you there!

Right on, thanks for the good info, i hope to be there, but it all depends if my bike will be ready by then... i sure hope so..

If you have any other questions or need anything, let me know. Not sure if I will be able to get off work yet but if I am there I will help what I can. Everyone is friendly at Texas so don't be affraid to ask any questions... :beerchug:

If you have any other questions or need anything, let me know. Not sure if I will be able to get off work yet but if I am there I will help what I can. Everyone is friendly at Texas so don't be affraid to ask any questions... :beerchug:

Thanks man,

I heard today from one of the All motor guys here in Phoenix that the Navy bought the Mile and its possible we will not be able to race there this year.. is this true??

Thanks man,

I heard today from one of the All motor guys here in Phoenix that the Navy bought the Mile and its possible we will not be able to race there this year.. is this true??

They are still going to have them there. IIRC they were talking about moving it to Waco if they had to. As of right now it will still be in Goliad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is some good news.

Is the texas mile similar to Bonne, as in do you need to have certifications for each speed tier?

That is some good news.

Is the texas mile similar to Bonne, as in do you need to have certifications for each speed tier?

I don't believe so, but I'm not 100% sure about that. You might try out suzukihayabusa.org, most of the participants are members there and I believe the tech inspector is also.

That is funny because i am a member there as well, i just don't like the forum layout, i can never find my PM's...

HAHA I am the same way! It's nowhere near as user friendly lol

They are still going to have them there. IIRC they were talking about moving it to Waco if they had to. As of right now it will still be in Goliad.

They are still having them at Goliad. If that in fact does happen, it may improve the track and airfield but still waiting to hear... :thumbsup:

That is some good news.

Nope, you can sign up for many different classes. If you just want to go out and run wide open you can do any speed. You will probably do a shake down pass or so to get comfy/familiar with the track and shut down. After that, have at it... :super:

they are still having them at goliad. If that in fact does happen, it may improve the track and airfield but still waiting to hear... :thumbsup:

Nope, you can sign up for many different classes. If you just want to go out and run wide open you can do any speed. You will probably do a shake down pass or so to get comfy/familiar with the track and shut down. After that, have at it... :super:

fricken sweet!

Thanks man,

scrappy,
Possibilities of someone buying/leasing the airport have existed since the 1st event in oct 2003.
If it happened, the organizers would just move to another venue, they got their **** together, and this series is a big deal to them.

just get yr bike together and we'll see you in Mar (and May, and Oct) :beerchug:

there are really NO classes at Texas. You can put whatever class deignation you want on yr bike, but they do not tech the class designation.

You can register as NA and bring a turbo, no one is policing you

honor system

that said, if you are running nitrous they will want that noted at registration and tech, Its a safety thing.

yes i saw the registration forms, i read the tech inspection charts, i just want to make sure i got all my safety basics covered.

i have another question: I found several place that sold metal valve stems, does any one have info on quality or craftsmanship on certain brands or perhaps recommendations on who i should pick up a metal valve stem from?

I don't think tree are any fuel restrictions but if you are running nitrous or special fuel they want to know for safety reasons.

As for the valve stems I'm not for sure. I can look when I get home and see what kind mine are if you would like. They seem to do the job just fine so far

Last edited:
Back