Safety Wiring and other Safety Items for LSR

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
I have most of my bike safety wired, but still have a few parts that need to be done...and I have some questions on it.

The chain...I have a rivet masterlink.....do I try to feed the wire through the rivet and then silicone that? Or can I just silicone the masterlink. Do you have pics of yours?

Front forks.....I know I need to do the pinch bolts...do I need to drill the front axle also?...or just the pinch bolts?

Battery (Texas Mile) Do I have to strap it down? Are there any unaccepted straps?

If you are running an OEM chain, you are good to go and don't need to do anything!

I don't think you have to do the axle but I went ahead and did it to tie everything together. It only takes an extra minute so better to have it pre-drilled before you get there.

You don't need a strap for the battery on a stock BUSA. The seat is enough for Texas!

Have fun and hope to see you out... :beerchug:

I even pulled my seat off my B-king and run it a few times sitting on the battery and they never said anything, also the front axle is HARD we brokes 3 bits before we got all the way thru it. We just left the axle in the bike and slide under it and drilled it from the bottom, under the fork. On the left side of the bike.

bike saftey wire 023.jpg

bike saftey wire 024.jpg

bike saftey wire 002.jpg

If you are running an OEM chain, you are good to go and don't need to do anything!

I don't think you have to do the axle but I went ahead and did it to tie everything together. It only takes an extra minute so better to have it pre-drilled before you get there.

You don't need a strap for the battery on a stock BUSA. The seat is enough for Texas!

Have fun and hope to see you out... :beerchug:

I have a DRZ2 drag chain on it.

Back