Tiger Racing Chain Guard and Bonneville

V8Pinto

Registered
I saw on Tiger Racing's website that they have a land speed racing chain guard that extends the full length of the chain from sprocket to sprocket.

Does anybody know the metal thickness of the aluminum and the overall width? I want to make sure it complies with the chain guard rules for Bonneville.

7.B.22 Chain Guard: All chain or belt driven motorcycle entries, (streamliners see Section 7.H.22), must be equipped with a metal chain or belt guard. If the guard is made of steel, it must be at least 3/32 in. thick, or if aluminum, at least 1/8 in. thick. Guards must be securely mounted in at least two places. The top run must be at least 1-1/2 times the overall width of the chain or at least 1/4â€￾ wider than the belt.

lurk.gif
there ya go
beerchug.gif

I just got off the phone with Nick at Schnitz regarding the Tiger Racing Land Speed Racing chain guard.

The metal thickness is .125" (1/8") which DOES conform to the SCTA rules for running at Bonneville and El Mirage.

Wanted to pass along for anyone else interested in an off-the-shelf part that will not fail you at tech.

mine is an extended 9"arm I put some yellow behind the words that are cut out to show up better but I don't have any pics of it yet .

If anyone has purchased our older version of the LSR chain Guards in .100" material, they are still legal at Maxton, but if you run SCTA or Bonneville, you will need to upgrade or install a .125" top strap which we have.
Email me if you have any questions.
TigerRacing@buckeye-express.com

Thanks,

Guy

Back