Test ride today :)

I cant wait till spring when the BMW dealer near me has the yearly open house!

I'm a bit reluctant to use that phrase just yet. It may have massive HP but keep in mind the ZX10 has massive HP as well but no one seems to be able to ride it fast.

It's much easier to build HP than it is to build a balanced chassy that allows the HP to work.

Is that a continental tire on that puppy? :shocked:

Your statement about the ZX10 is accurate. Kawasucki has recently decided to pulled out of WSB because the bike has failed to show that it can get dialed in properly.

At least the BMW had a podium finish in its debut year. With its engine, suspension and combined technology it's not a stretch to assume that it will improve a lot this year becoming quite a competitor for Yamaha & Ducati. IMO it has pretty much set the bar for liter bikes right now.

Your statement about the ZX10 is accurate. Kawasucki has recently decided to pulled out of WSB because the bike has failed to show that it can get dialed in properly.

At least the BMW had a podium finish in its debut year. With its engine, suspension and combined technology it's not a stretch to assume that it will improve a lot this year becoming quite a competitor for Yamaha & Ducati. IMO it has pretty much set the bar for liter bikes right now.

the 2 WSBK Kawasaki teams for 2010 are Kawasaki : Vermulen,Sykes & Pedercini ,Hayden

The big kawi is a fierce competitor on the streets., kawi just needs to find the right pilot. Although the BMW looks like a complete badass., no proof in the pudding yet. with all the damn hype, the bmw better produce immediate results.

BMW already found there first flaw anyway, with so much technology there has to be something eventually.

'An awfull news, if confirmed: a friend of mine ordered the bike a week before i did, so his bike is already at the dealer, but........ he can't take it home cause they are waiting for a software that don't allows more than 9.000 engine revs untill it has 1.000 km on its odometer. The software will be available at march.
If this will be confirmed, it means BMW is not sure about them engines..... I'm very disapointed.
'Got a call from the dealer saying a bulletin was released today confirming a software patch will be installed on all bikes not delivered yet to restrict the 9k rpm till 1000km. They are hoding back the delivery until then. Didn't ask me to go in for it but advised not to rev it during this time.

Last edited:
the 2 WSBK Kawasaki teams for 2010 are Kawasaki : Vermulen,Sykes & Pedercini ,Hayden

The big kawi is a fierce competitor on the streets., kawi just needs to find the right pilot. Although the BMW looks like a complete badass., no proof in the pudding yet. with all the damn hype, the bmw better produce immediate results.

BMW already found there first flaw anyway, with so much technology there has to be something eventually.

'An awfull news, if confirmed: a friend of mine ordered the bike a week before i did, so his bike is already at the dealer, but........ he can't take it home cause they are waiting for a software that don't allows more than 9.000 engine revs untill it has 1.000 km on its odometer. The software will be available at march.
If this will be confirmed, it means BMW is not sure about them engines..... I'm very disapointed.
'Got a call from the dealer saying a bulletin was released today confirming a software patch will be installed on all bikes not delivered yet to restrict the 9k rpm till 1000km. They are hoding back the delivery until then. Didn't ask me to go in for it but advised not to rev it during this time.

You would be correct about the 2 Kawasucki race teams in WorldSBK ... Team Pedercini & Kawasaki Racing Team. My mistake...I had read middle of last year that they would not be returning to one of the sanctioned bodies, I had it confused with which ever one it was.....maybe AMA Superbike. Yeah...I think that was it.
Roger may be their only hope on that bike, but I doubt it. He didn't impress me in AMA and struggled to make the podium in that field.

Do you have a link directly from BMW confirming the above statement? I'd like to read it. And if its true...who's to say that automatically means they are not sure about their engines ??? 621 miles (1000km) is the recommended break-in period from most all motorcycle manufactures. Maybe they're just being smart.

You would be correct about the 2 Kawasucki race teams in WorldSBK ... Team Pedercini & Kawasaki Racing Team. My mistake...I had read middle of last year that they would not be returning to one of the sanctioned bodies, I had it confused with which ever one it was.....maybe AMA Superbike. Yeah...I think that was it.
Roger may be their only hope on that bike, but I doubt it. He didn't impress me in AMA and struggled to make the podium in that field.

Do you have a link directly from BMW confirming the above statement? I'd like to read it. And if its true...who's to say that automatically means they are not sure about their engines ??? 621 miles (1000km) is the recommended break-in period from most all motorcycle manufactures. Maybe they're just being smart.

The 2 statements above were from the S1000rr forum.,just talk around on the internet though, neither confirmed or denyed.
I'm fully anticipating that it will have a couple of recalls, and maybe even a few "major" problems. and this doesn't seem like a huge deal to me if true. but why would BMW feel that this is important to do, why wait 3 weeks 'after' you ship the bikes to implement such a scheme??? time will tell i guess???

Test rode it for the first time today. Compared to the Gen II Busa I had and of course the K1300S I have now, that thing was down-right scary - the Busa pulled, but this was a different animal altogether. Seriously. Too much power for me. Honestly, it's almost stupid. Never thought I would say the words I used to get so annoyed with from others, but "why do you need so much power?".

I enjoyed hopping back on my "old man" K bike ??? - more comfortable and less power to kill myself with. I was happy to be home.

Diana and I went to the BMW dealership yesterday on a whim...those are nice looking bikes. I'm still having a little sticker shock, the local dealer said all the bikes they have come with all options loaded (Race ABS, gear shif assist and anti-theft) which pushed the price up a little of $16k. Diana offered to trade in her cruiser on one for me (she only rides her Vespa)....

Diana and I went to the BMW dealership yesterday on a whim...those are nice looking bikes. I'm still having a little sticker shock, the local dealer said all the bikes they have come with all options loaded (Race ABS, gear shif assist and anti-theft) which pushed the price up a little of $16k. Diana offered to trade in her cruiser on one for me (she only rides her Vespa)....

.....AND...... ???

Going to take her up on her offer? :whistle:

Demo Day! What a great idea!
You seriously got to ride the goods without selling your soul? I'd be so worried of dumping it!

Gixxer...make sure to post when the dealer up here runs a Demo day!

This bike got quite a few excellent reviews.. I saw her @ the NYC Motorcycle show. I thought the 1198 was prettier, but BMW got this one right! Can't wait to see one on the highway. :laugh:

I will be taking one out for a test ride this week if the weather holds up. The Ducati dealer in north Scottsdale is all about customer service. They know I can't afford to get one right now, but they want me to take one out for a spin so when things do change I already have some good info and can pass the word on to others about the bike.

Back