Test ride today :)

Curious how you'd compare it to other liter-class bikes in terms of performance and comfort (to the extent there is any on a liter-class bike)?

One thing I can't get past is the fact that the front looks like the bike is wearing a monocle.

It is German :laugh:

I still want one...bad!

BTW-I thought of Klink to when I saw it :lol:

They had hamburgers, hot dogs and chips and drinks for all that came also from 12 to 2. The demo bike had all the options and the way it was set up minus the carbon fiber and exhaust it was 16900 I think. He said the factory BMW stamped Ackropovic can was $2000 and they had put about $4000 in carbon fiber on the bike. They are having a track day at Little Talledaga the 15th of March.

Bill, Halie and Lauren dont ride to much with me anymore, growing up and have there own things to do. It does have passenger pegs but I bet it would be cramped for a passenger. Have the Busa for that. :D I like the way BMW didnt attach the pipe to the rear peg so you could take them off, like the 07 GSXR 750 that Don had. Makes the bike look so much cleaner in the rear.

It was a fun ride if you ever get the chance go ride one. :)

that one was all pimped out, with the factory akra AND the carbon package. getting kinda spendy there...

Yeah, short of a divorce (or selling my Harley), I dont think I'll see another bike for a while.

I REALLY want an S1000RR too!

Sweet bike...I see 13,800 @ BMW Motorrad USA; sure would look good next to my E46:laugh:

Last edited:
Yep....pretty much the baddest liter bike out there now! :bowdown:

I'm a bit reluctant to use that phrase just yet. It may have massive HP but keep in mind the ZX10 has massive HP as well but no one seems to be able to ride it fast.

It's much easier to build HP than it is to build a balanced chassy that allows the HP to work.

Is that a continental tire on that puppy? :shocked:

Bill, Halie and Lauren dont ride to much with me anymore, growing up and have there own things to do. It does have passenger pegs but I bet it would be cramped for a passenger. Have the Busa for that. :D I like the way BMW didnt attach the pipe to the rear peg so you could take them off, like the 07 GSXR 750 that Don had. Makes the bike look so much cleaner in the rear.

It was a fun ride if you ever get the chance go ride one. :)

odd you mention that as i took my wife and oldest daughter to chili's for dinner last night and while smokin a cig in the lot was drool'in over this black/charcoal gray late model GSXR750...bike looked like a 600 size scoot but pack'in a shoehorned in 750 engine...

what i get a kick out of is there's so many folk drool'in over this new beamer yet most couldn't wring out a 600 for all it's worth...fat on pockets and low on skill and/or?...just don't know what their bargaining for...

I can wring out a ninja 250! :rofl:

So when do a test ride on high end bikes like that, do they dial in the suspension for you so you'll get a true feel for what the bike has to offer?

So when do a test ride on high end bikes like that, do they dial in the suspension for you so you'll get a true feel for what the bike has to offer?

it depends...if your under 160lbs they do...but if your over 160?...

they guide you out of the Juniors Dept. and just sell ya a busa...

you know..a mans bike.

:poke: :rofl:

The BMW 1000RR is a great lookin bike. I was at the Ducati dealer in north Scottsdale and they had a couple of the BMW's there. The salesman was very knowledgeable and offered to let me take the demo out for a ride, but I could not because I forgot to put my insurance paperwork back in the bike after cleaning it. I will be back there this week to take him up on that offer.:beerchug:

odd you mention that as i took my wife and oldest daughter to chili's for dinner last night and while smokin a cig in the lot was drool'in over this black/charcoal gray late model GSXR750...bike looked like a 600 size scoot but pack'in a shoehorned in 750 engine...

what i get a kick out of is there's so many folk drool'in over this new beamer yet most couldn't wring out a 600 for all it's worth...fat on pockets and low on skill and/or?...just don't know what their bargaining for...

I can wring out a ninja 250! :rofl:

I know I couldnt take it to its limits but I just like the bike. :)

How fast did it feel compared to Busa?

Back