Test ride today :)

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
Pandoras BMW/ Ducati Shop in Chattanooga Tennessee had a open house today and was giving demo rides. Yes, thats correct, demo rides. How many other shops do this, none around here. Well, I went up to check them out on Thursday and fell in love with the S1000RR. They had 2 on the floor, one was sold and the other was the demo bike. They had a Akrapovic can on it along with alot of carbon fiber. It looked awesome. Craig, the salesman, was really nice and knew alot about different brands of bikes. He said he had owned 2 busas and also other sport bikes. We talked for a while and he told me about the open house today and invited me to come ride the S1000RR. So, I took him up on it. :D I took the bike out and WOW, what a great bike. BMW did a great job with it. I also rode the K1300S and it was really nice. I rode the Ducati 848, it was also nice. Ronnie also rode the S1000RR and was really impressed. The brakes are awesome, one finger will stop you on a dime and the power in race mode is crazy fast. Well, I guess you know what I think of the bike. Now, How can I get one without getting a divorce for getting it. I will haft to work on that. :)

2010 Feburary bike 001.jpg

2010 Feburary bike 002.jpg

2010 Feburary bike 003.jpg

2010 Feburary bike 004.jpg

2010 Feburary bike 005.jpg

Very nice, Tim! I wish I'd know about it though... :poke:

Next time :thumbsup:

Very nice, Tim! I wish I'd know about it though... :poke:

Next time :thumbsup:

Thought you were working weekends? They will let ya take it out, they have it just for demo rides. They are going to keep it until it gets 2500 miles on it then sell it, and get another demo. This is a really great dealership. I hope the Busa will be getting some company within the next year. :D

Yep....pretty much the baddest liter bike out there now! :bowdown:

That demo will prove to haunt you though....as now you're going to be staying awake at night trying to come up w/ ways to put one over on the wifey and get it into your garage. :laugh:

Yep....pretty much the baddest liter bike out there now! :bowdown:

That demo will prove to haunt you though....as now you're going to be staying awake at night trying to come up w/ ways to put one over on the wifey and get it into your garage. :laugh:

+1:thumbsup:

Stupid NY!!

heh, truer words have never been spoken :laugh:

nice lookin scoot there Tim, perhaps you can just tell her it followed you home one day and you just have to provide it with a good home? :whistle:

yeah wouldnt work here either :laugh:

Every BMW Dealer had to agree to take one 1000RR and use it for demos. Treelimb you just need to look for a BMW dealer nearby. I am jealous I'm wanting to ride one too.

But, I think I'd wait for the '11 model to let them work out any troubles. Man that red/white/blue is beautiful color scheme!

I am going to check and see if the local BMW dealer demo's them... I like this bike a lot. They are very pricey when you start adding the extras...

I live in NE Atl. I went to many sponsored FREE demo days, most of the time they feed you lunch for free too. Last year alone I went to Demo Days at Yamaha, KTM, Ducati, BMW, too many bikes to list (around 30). Road Atlanta had a FREE demo day at the track with Yamaha
NESBA - Track & Demo Day Sponsor Yamaha Dealers
PM me for 2010 Demo Days around Atl, I plan to attend all.

Oh ya, even demo'd a Harley for the heck of it. Never rode a bike where you put your feet in front of you. Took some time getting used to....not for me.

Curious how you'd compare it to other liter-class bikes in terms of performance and comfort (to the extent there is any on a liter-class bike)?

One thing I can't get past is the fact that the front looks like the bike is wearing a monocle.

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Last edited:
Curious how you'd compare it to other liter-class bikes in terms of performance and comfort (to the extent there is any on a liter-class bike)?

One thing I can't get past is the fact that the front looks like the bike is wearing a monocle.

The only time anyone sees the front is when it's coming up fast in your rear view mirror. Otherwise you are pretty much only seeing the TAIL :rofl:

Pandoras BMW/ Ducati Shop in Chattanooga Tennessee had a open house today and was giving demo rides. Yes, thats correct, demo rides. How many other shops do this, none around here. Well, I went up to check them out on Thursday and fell in love with the S1000RR. They had 2 on the floor, one was sold and the other was the demo bike. They had a Akrapovic can on it along with alot of carbon fiber. It looked awesome. Craig, the salesman, was really nice and knew alot about different brands of bikes. He said he had owned 2 busas and also other sport bikes. We talked for a while and he told me about the open house today and invited me to come ride the S1000RR. So, I took him up on it. :D I took the bike out and WOW, what a great bike. BMW did a great job with it. I also rode the K1300S and it was really nice. I rode the Ducati 848, it was also nice. Ronnie also rode the S1000RR and was really impressed. The brakes are awesome, one finger will stop you on a dime and the power in race mode is crazy fast. Well, I guess you know what I think of the bike. Now, How can I get one without getting a divorce for getting it. I will haft to work on that. :)

don't get that bike Tim...I don't see any passenger pegs for your daughter and it was a pleasure meeting you both up at phillips...good people. :thumbsup:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Regarding test rides. I believe it is part of the company dealer policy to allow for customer test rides for BMW and Ducati brands....at least in So Cal it is. Around here....exclusive dealers are given or allowed a demo bike for each model, which is then sold off after awhile as a used bike. I'm sure this applies for other Euro-bike dealers around the country.

A guy I ride with just got his 1000rr, amazing bike, with amazing technology and features. Fit and finish is typical BMW, which is really really good. Size and weight....I feel no difference between my GSXR-600 and the 1000rr. BMW definitely set the bar for the super bike class....Japan will have to follow and offer ABS/Traction control options in the next generation models.

Back