“Doocati” Test Rides.....

From someone that grew up on carburated dirtbikes, 4 wheelers, and sportbikes;
I can remember when I bought my first fuel injected bike, an 02 gsxr1k...and I never looked back.
No choke, no adjusting, it cranks the first time, hot or cold, and regardless of the air temperature.
A carburetor is fine on a 4wheeler or dirtbike.
But for the street, and wanting to ride, not wrench. It was easy to fall in love with fuel injection.

that's the thing... he wasn't broke.. had several cars.. including a mustang JUST like mine and he owned a small house... and the bike wasn't hurt.. it was freshly built... He could have just told the truth... say it has electrical problems... tell the whole story.. I think he was embarrassed at how bad he messed up the electronics... all that garbage he piled on there.. I mean c'mon... keyless entry on a BIG turbo bike? hids? alarm system? 5 different gauges..... and then a 2 pound battery... lol it was 330cca but it was only 7.5aH (amp Hours).... the stock one is 9.3aH.... weird mistake for a know it all like himself

He was probably frustrated with it and the tangled web he had spun. Probably just had had enough. I'm sort of like that. I can't just ride the dang thing, always got to mod it.

ZZJapmg.gif

yeah but there are clear differences.... first off... u don't seem like the type to do things on a whim without making damn sure u aren't doing any harm

Well I didn't start out knowing what I'm doing and I still do things and then wonder what the heck I was thinking! Working on bikes is funny. You get into something and you get bolder and bolder until you screw something up and then all of a sudden you become rational, Lol!

So just to make 1Busa happy, I'll include this image:
Ducati Mouse.jpg

Im still mad at Brett.... what he did is almost unthinkable in law enforcement... ESPESCIALLY when its a brother in blue.... I never thought an officer of the law would lie and run with the money..... and then not even answer his phone.... Brett doesn't speak for us all.... myself and most of my coworkers..... in the end... when all is said and done... All we have is our word and each other.... it means everything to us... im disappointed and sad... not just for myself... but for LE in general.... FOR ME... my reputation is worth more than 20g...… I cant put a price on my reputation.... for me... it is literally everything... I cant be bought.... and ive never screwed over anyone that didn't KNOW it was coming.... im very very clear on these things

Holy naïveté Batman.:confused: A LE officer that lies? Tell me it isn’t so.:laugh:

They teach lieing at Police Academy.
I've experienced it first hand in court, on several occasions.

You’re not alone brother. Academies are pretty straight though as all they teach are the basics. The FTO, the field training officer program, is where novice cops learn (real) police work.:rolleyes::laugh: However, police officers don’t work in prisons.

You’re not alone brother. Academies are pretty straight though as all they teach are the basics. The FTO, the field training officer program, is where novice cops learn (real) police work.:rolleyes::laugh: However, police officers don’t work in prisons.

I know, and I shouldn't sterotype.
There Are good cops out there, I actually personally know 2.
As the old sayings go, all it takes is one bad apple to spoil the bunch.
However, I've seen wayyy too many with a chip on their shoulder too.
They have a tough job, but it's easier to be honest than lie.

Total B.S. The best riders in the world (MotoGP) have more rider aids than we can even buy.

PS: MotoGP bikes have 280+ Hp and weigh 360 lbs. Do the math. That's un-rideable without electronics. Saying these guys don't have talent is like saying an F-18A pilot isn't the best in the world because the jet's flight controls are computer assisted.
Yep, I'm waiting for this one, so I can text safely while riding.

Of course they’re good cops and IME most of them are good. Problem is, we only hear about the bad ones that get in the news. Funny, if a carpenter or an accountant is an azzhole we don’t think all carpenters or accountants are azzholes. Prejudice, ‘prejudging’ people based on the experience of a small minority only fuels the animosity towards all those who wear the badge.

Of course they’re good cops and IME most of them are good. Problem is, we only hear about the bad ones that get in the news. Funny, if a carpenter or an accountant is an azzhole we don’t think all carpenters or accountants are azzholes. Prejudice, ‘prejudging’ people based on the experience of a small minority only fuels the animosity towards all those who wear the badge.

That's because , generally speaking , a carpenter isn't trusted to wield the power to potentially screw your life up , if mistakes are made .

That means a lot coming from a guy with a mountain of technology just keeping his engine from popping! Tear all that crap off and run natural, the way real motorcyclists do......
Hi. fallenarch we are the same speed I just do not like rider or driver aids. I drive a truck every day it has all the aids. In snow I have to turn off TC to get out of the parking lot LOL. To accelerate out of a corner you step on the gas and go no were untill the wheel is straight. It has a back up camera that I do not need to use. I can not put the truck in gear with out my foot on the brake. My 1999 HD starts in gear with the clutch out and kikstand down. The driver aids have never help me at all for I have been hit 7 times behind the rear wheels of my trailer. 2,500,000 mi I have never hit any thing or backed into anything!

Back