“Doocati” Test Rides.....

These new modern Superbikes are flat out amazing. How about lean angle anti lock brakes, wheelie control, launch control, lean angle traction control. slide control, engine brake control, tire calabration and Ohlins electronic suspension control. :super:

These are road race SuperBikes, the only thing they have in common with a "motorcycle" is two wheels. And those rider aids are flat out insane. I had a taste of them a few months back @ PBIR on a late model S1000rr. I'm waiting for this technology to trickle down to the 600cc bikes so I can play

If you have ever lived with rider aids for awhile you will realize it's less fun riding without them. They actually require skills to use them effectively and it takes some time to learn how to use them.

HI. rider aids? Are they riding the bike or are you? I drive a truck with driver aids, Now about all I do is hold the wheel!

So I know a lot of people here are against rider aids. That's fine but it is proven that bikes with things like TC, ABS, etc. are safer and faster. If you have a romantic connection with exposing yourself to more risk to go slower, enjoy your ride friend. Me, I like technology and advancing the sport.

PS: And yes MPH, I know you would be faster than me on a tricycle!

My next bike will probably have everything but the kitchen sink :banana: I want to get a modern bike with all the trimmings to see how I like it compared to my antique Harley/Busa

Had the Panigale on my short list but after that ride it’s been crossed off......

Probably gonna be looking @ a SuperDuke, S1000rr or hell maybe an H2SX??

My next bike will probably have everything but the kitchen sink :banana: I want to get a modern bike with all the trimmings to see how I like it compared to my antique Harley/Busa

Had the Panigale on my short list but after that ride it’s been crossed off......

Probably gonna be looking @ a SuperDuke, S1000rr or hell maybe an H2SX??

Go look at the Superduke GT man. That is a crazy bike. High tech and Busa swagger. I'm too old for it but easily my current favorite bike.

the pros all turn the rider aids off..... horsepower and a handle is a motorcycle.

Total B.S. The best riders in the world (MotoGP) have more rider aids than we can even buy.

PS: MotoGP bikes have 280+ Hp and weigh 360 lbs. Do the math. That's un-rideable without electronics. Saying these guys don't have talent is like saying an F-18A pilot isn't the best in the world because the jet's flight controls are computer assisted.

Last edited:
If you want to continue to be able to buy production motorcycles that pump out HP in the 200 hp +region , well get used to the idea of rider aid technology .
When the companies are supplying to markets that don't have some sort of HP restrictions for novice riders , then there is even more reason .
To really ride the latest street superbikes to anywhere near their limit , you would have to be in the top 10 % of skilled riders without some of them . I am talking cornering and braking hard , and accelerating hard between corners , not gassing it up in roll ons etc. with some aids off . I know that the top riders turn off launch control to drag the new bikes , can't say what else tho .
As long as you have the option to turn some off the aids , or bypass it , the future base machines are always going to be desirable .

So I know a lot of people here are against rider aids. That's fine but it is proven that bikes with things like TC, ABS, etc. are safer and faster. If you have a romantic connection with exposing yourself to more risk to go slower, enjoy your ride friend. Me, I like technology and advancing the sport.

PS: And yes MPH, I know you would be faster than me on a tricycle!
Faster how. Everyone I know that has traction control turns it off to go fast. Is it easier for the unskilled to go faster probably. I know drag racing is not the same fast everyone is talking about but are super moto guys using rider aids?

The H2 SX is the Gen 3 we were all waiting for. I would have gladly paid $25K for a Gen 3 like that. I just don't get Suzuki letting Kawasaki take that one from them without a fight.
To have a price tag of what new bikes cost they have to have all this BS. Half of it is prob government regulated if not here across the ocean.

I’m not producing big hp but I know I can’t go full throttle everywhere. The world we live in we have big brother protecting us from ourselfs we can’t make mistakes and learn we have to lose and get a trophy.

Options would be great just like cars get the base model get one with all the bells and whistles or get the Demon.

Total B.S. The best riders in the world (MotoGP) have more rider aids than we can even buy.

PS: MotoGP bikes have 280+ Hp and weigh 360 lbs. Do the math. That's un-rideable without electronics. Saying these guys don't have talent is like saying an F-18A pilot isn't the best in the world because the jet's flight controls are computer assisted.
Can ya post some reading in that would be great reading. I see them race bike are side ways making increadible saves and bad accidents all the time. Not a moto GP guy but the org has me reading and watching a lot more.

Can ya post some reading in that would be great reading. I see them race bike are side ways making increadible saves and bad accidents all the time. Not a moto GP guy but the org has me reading and watching a lot more.

So you want me to put together a reading list for you because you don't accept the obvious? I have pushed back on the anti-electronics posts because they are misleading to novices. Electronics are an advancement in the safety and the fun you can have on a bike - pretty much fact at this point. If you prefer a manual bike, I get it. My Busa is loads of fun and completely rider-aid free. But if a Gen III Busa comes out without TC and cornering ABS at a minimum, it's DOA. As for big brother, when you crash your bike at 100 mph into the side of some minivan taking the family to soccer practice you will hurt more people than yourself. And if you are disabled in the crash but without disability insurance you'll expect the rest of us to support you for the rest of your life.

Electronics are getting better too. The purpose of ABS is different on the street than on the track. Manufacturers are getting this by allowing you to turn the interventions down (or off sometimes) and the use of slide control and race ABS. I remember the ABS on my Bandit and it was bad to the point of being dangerous IMHO. When you hit the brakes it literally felt like you weren't going to get her stopped. On my new bike all you feel is a slight vibration as the ABS cycles, but the lever feel is progressive and the stopping power is nothing less than amazing. Look at reviews in magazines and they used to be page after page of how bad the electronics are. Now they just say you don't notice them. Again I'm not the electronics evangelist, I just think it's a preference to not like electronics that's not exactly based in fact.

BTW: The MotoGP bikes that are sideways and the great saves are on bikes that have the most sophisticated electronics on 2 wheels. Some here will think I bought the king of electronic bikes and now I've left the faith. Every bike I considered had a robust suite of rider aids (ZX14R, KTM Duke GT, Connie, Multi-Strada, etc.). Frankly, I got tired of waiting for the Gen III but I fully expected even that model to have full electronics.

OK, this has been a 5-6 post rant and I'm done.

So you want me to put together a reading list for you because you don't accept the obvious? I have pushed back on the anti-electronics posts because they are misleading to novices. Electronics are an advancement in the safety and the fun you can have on a bike - pretty much fact at this point. If you prefer a manual bike, I get it. My Busa is loads of fun and completely rider-aid free. But if a Gen III Busa comes out without TC and cornering ABS at a minimum, it's DOA. As for big brother, when you crash your bike at 100 mph into the side of some minivan taking the family to soccer practice you will hurt more people than yourself. And if you are disabled in the crash but without disability insurance you'll expect the rest of us to support you for the rest of your life.

Electronics are getting better too. The purpose of ABS is different on the street than on the track. Manufacturers are getting this by allowing you to turn the interventions down (or off sometimes) and the use of slide control and race ABS. I remember the ABS on my Bandit and it was bad to the point of being dangerous IMHO. When you hit the brakes it literally felt like you weren't going to get her stopped. On my new bike all you feel is a slight vibration as the ABS cycles, but the lever feel is progressive and the stopping power is nothing less than amazing. Look at reviews in magazines and they used to be page after page of how bad the electronics are. Now they just say you don't notice them. Again I'm not the electronics evangelist, I just think it's a preference to not like electronics that's not exactly based in fact.

BTW: The MotoGP bikes that are sideways and the great saves are on bikes that have the most sophisticated electronics on 2 wheels. Some here will think I bought the king of electronic bikes and now I've left the faith. Every bike I considered had a robust suite of rider aids (ZX14R, KTM Duke GT, Connie, Multi-Strada, etc.). Frankly, I got tired of waiting for the Gen III but I fully expected even that model to have full electronics.

OK, this has been a 5-6 post rant and I'm done.
I wouldn't pay for any electronic sissy aids.. ITS A MOTORCYCLE... old tech works... I have a 2014 mustang 5.0 with a SOLID REAR AXLE and zero options.. best car I ever owned... guess what peioplke… YOU ARE NOT A MOTOGP RIDER.. NOT EVEN CLOSE... so don t worry about what they do..... just set the sag and go.

I wouldn't pay for any electronic sissy aids.. ITS A MOTORCYCLE... old tech works... I have a 2014 mustang 5.0 with a SOLID REAR AXLE and zero options.. best car I ever owned... guess what peioplke… YOU ARE NOT A MOTOGP RIDER.. NOT EVEN CLOSE... so don t worry about what they do..... just set the sag and go.
That means a lot coming from a guy with a mountain of technology just keeping his engine from popping! Tear all that crap off and run natural, the way real motorcyclists do......

Back