2013 Ducati Panigale R

A four cylinder Ducati? That would just not be tolerated by their market. To build a Japanese 4 cylinder? That's like building an arch or something.......

A v4 is boring too. Are they going to be better than Aprillia? Don't think so. But I do think a V4 is the best engine. Bet Honda has one soon in the 1000. I think they might do a V4 with TC and a dual clutch tranny.

I am a Ducati fan and the 1198 is in my opinion the most beautiful production bike ever made. But I don't trust it. It's never started a race, much less won one. It's crazy for a company like Ducati to not race their flagship bike - only good explaination for that is there's something wrong with it. All the mags rave over the "Iphone like dash" but I have never heard anyone say this is the bike to have at the track. I've even heard several say that the electronic Ohlins don't have enough adjustment. Just seems strange that after all the hype I've never heard a rider say the Ducati is their weapon of choice. Why have a screamer twin? If you want a screamer bike go with a real one and get a Gixxer or a BMW. Twins are supposed to have torque, torque which combined with a natural big bang means getting out of corners faster than everyone else. But all the 1198's twin will do is get you down the straight faster than most, except the BMW. I'm not feeling it.

All liter bikes are mind bending fast, that's a given. Sort of like there aren't any slow fighter jets, but if my butts on the line I'll take a Raptor. Again I love Ducati but I smell a hype job with this one.

Carlos Checa won the 2011 World Superbike Championship on a Ducati 1198R. And take a look at Nicky Hayden's dash.

image-3293141190.jpg

Back