“Doocati” Test Rides.....

Im still mad at Brett.... what he did is almost unthinkable in law enforcement... ESPESCIALLY when its a brother in blue.... I never thought an officer of the law would lie and run with the money..... and then not even answer his phone.... Brett doesn't speak for us all.... myself and most of my coworkers..... in the end... when all is said and done... All we have is our word and each other.... it means everything to us... im disappointed and sad... not just for myself... but for LE in general.... FOR ME... my reputation is worth more than 20g...… I cant put a price on my reputation.... for me... it is literally everything... I cant be bought.... and ive never screwed over anyone that didn't KNOW it was coming.... im very very clear on these things

there is a shocker.... u agree with Arch.... im shocked

...because he's right, what can I say, the man knows bikes.
The best riders in the world can Now outride the mechanical limits of a superbike.
Kind of like the 4 minute mile, that no man could break...then it happened. It took the mental limits off, and many more have since been able.
Same with bikes, but like most things, there are limits. With abs, lean angle, traction control, etc, now guys Can go even faster.
Just the way it is.
Do you need it on the street? No, but it helps novice riders(which I think hurts advancing their skill), and it can save your ass...even though I still don't want it.
And, it Has to come to the street...because that's what they're racing. So they have to produce street versions per the rules.
And, where do you think non factory riders get their race bikes? ....at the dealership.
This isn't a gang up on Ali thread, this is just the facts.
Facts being, some of us know suspension and bike setup for handling/cornering.
Some people like to go fast in a straight line.
But, even straight line needs a good setup, even though stretched and lowered is a completely different animal.
Don't be so defensive.
If I had the ways and means I'de come watch you race. Then bring you here and show you sag and cornering.
Skills transfer, don't knock it til you try it.
And, me, Mr.Super Rider(lol)have had my feelings hurt by an old gray hair on a Bmw dual sport, as he dragged his knee past mine, on my gsxr1k.

...because he's right, what can I say, the man knows bikes.
The best riders in the world can Now outride the mechanical limits of a superbike.
Kind of like the 4 minute mile, that no man could break...then it happened. It took the mental limits off, and many more have since been able.
Same with bikes, but like most things, there are limits. With abs, lean angle, traction control, etc, now guys Can go even faster.
Just the way it is.
Do you need it on the street? No, but it helps novice riders(which I think hurts advancing their skill), and it can save your ass...even though I still don't want it.
And, it Has to come to the street...because that's what they're racing. So they have to produce street versions per the rules.
And, where do you think non factory riders get their race bikes? ....at the dealership.
This isn't a gang up on Ali thread, this is just the facts.
Facts being, some of us know suspension and bike setup for handling/cornering.
Some people like to go fast in a straight line.
But, even straight line needs a good setup, even though stretched and lowered is a completely different animal.
Don't be so defensive.
If I had the ways and means I'de come watch you race. Then bring you here and show you sag and cornering.
Skills transfer, don't knock it til you try it.
And, me, Mr.Super Rider(lol)have had my feelings hurt by an old gray hair on a Bmw dual sport, as he dragged his knee past mine, on my gsxr1k.
traction control systems pull power out... several methods to do it... ie retard timing/shut down a fuel injector... by any method.. traction control systems simply pull power out... when drag racing or any racing... u want the rear wheel RIGHT on the edge of traction.... I think a motorcycle should be a motorcycle... id rather have manufacturers spend the money on OHLINS suspension and great brakesand forego any electronic assistance,.

Im still mad at Brett.... what he did is almost unthinkable in law enforcement... ESPESCIALLY when its a brother in blue.... I never thought an officer of the law would lie and run with the money..... and then not even answer his phone.... Brett doesn't speak for us all.... myself and most of my coworkers..... in the end... when all is said and done... All we have is our word and each other.... it means everything to us... im disappointed and sad... not just for myself... but for LE in general.... FOR ME... my reputation is worth more than 20g...… I cant put a price on my reputation.... for me... it is literally everything... I cant be bought.... and ive never screwed over anyone that didn't KNOW it was coming.... im very very clear on these things
I'm thinking he had a line to spin , ready for anyone , just to sell that bike . Probably saw the money , and damn the consequences . Some people will go to any lengths , screw anyone over , just for the money , nothing new here .

traction control systems pull power out... several methods to do it... ie retard timing/shut down a fuel injector... by any method.. traction control systems simply pull power out... when drag racing or any racing... u want the rear wheel RIGHT on the edge of traction.... I think a motorcycle should be a motorcycle... id rather have manufacturers spend the money on OHLINS suspension and great brakesand forego any electronic assistance,.

We weren't talking about drag racing.
Night and day to road racing.
Which is better is entirely up to the individual.
Do your thing and enjoy it, no hate here man.

I'm thinking he had a line to spin , ready for anyone , just to sell that bike . Probably saw the money , and damn the consequences . Some people will go to any lengths , screw anyone over , just for the money , nothing new here .

Anyone will screw you, just people have different limits for whatever problem they get into. It's a survival instinct, once it kicks in people will amaze you what they will do and where they will go. I try to be fair and up to this point I have been able to live up to it. But I've never been broke and hungry, so I don't judge, just look for signs of desperation in dealing with people.

Once again you missed the point my friend! TC can increase drive by keeping you closer to that limit of traction than most riders are able to do manually. Once the wheel starts spinning you are losing ground. I'm not a drag racer, but I don't think many dragsters use the TC because they allow some tire spin to keep the engine RPMs in the right area, balancing power and grip. Again, I'm just guessing on this. Recently manufacturers changed the TC and added slide control to allow some tire slippage on track so you can do power slides (turn at faster speeds). Most road racers say TC lets them roll on the gas much faster than before.

Anyone will screw you, just people have different limits for whatever problem they get into. It's a survival instinct, once it kicks in people will amaze you what they will do and where they will go. I try to be fair and up to this point I have been able to live up to it. But I've never been broke and hungry, so I don't judge, just look for signs of desperation in dealing with people.
that's the thing... he wasn't broke.. had several cars.. including a mustang JUST like mine and he owned a small house... and the bike wasn't hurt.. it was freshly built... He could have just told the truth... say it has electrical problems... tell the whole story.. I think he was embarrassed at how bad he messed up the electronics... all that garbage he piled on there.. I mean c'mon... keyless entry on a BIG turbo bike? hids? alarm system? 5 different gauges..... and then a 2 pound battery... lol it was 330cca but it was only 7.5aH (amp Hours).... the stock one is 9.3aH.... weird mistake for a know it all like himself

Back