Tank bag for trip

Banshee807

Registered
Looking for a decent tank bag for trip across country, was looking @

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage....ag.html

and then add a dencent backpack tied to the rear. Was looking at the Joe Rocket Blaster any opinions on either, anyone have the above tank bag mounted, how's it fit?

Trying to travel light, and get items I'll use often for shorter trips, without spending a fortune.

I went with the Cortech and am happy with them. My tank bag is almost never off the bike now. I am always stuffing crap in there. I got the tank bag saddle bags and tail bag. I can pack for a week if need be. Unclip them at the end of the day and they go right into the hotel room.

Awesome bag. Mine has been great. Expensive but you get what you pay for. There are a lot of good bags out now. Nelson Rigg makes some good stuff. I have a stackable set of Nelson Rigg bags I would part with. They are for the most part new. Dusty but never used. I bought them for long trips but have yet to take a long one were I needed their capacity. Send me a PM with email if you want pictures and info.

Nelson rigg saddle bag setup and a Bagster tank bag and tank protector..

heres a pic in full touring mode..
bowdown.gif

100_0325_1_1024x768.jpg

I've got the Cortech bags. Small bag zips on top of the larger bag. I've used them seperately or together. love 'em. Check out ebay---I got a great buy!

I simply can't ride with a tank bag. Can't get your head down, can't get off your bike, I'm sure I look like a monkey fookin a football tring to ride with a tank bag?

I have an Icon urban tank bag. It turns into a backpack and can hold your helmet. You would need way more than a tank bag to go across the country.

I have a set of rally pack bags for sale for $100 + s&h...Plenty of room for your stuff, tank bag, side bags, and middle bag w/ waterproof covers...

DSC01639.jpg

Here are some pics of my tank bag/bags. they zip together or magnetic back can be on either bag or by itself w/map protector I paint 162.00 and love it!

2278797094_c4ea5769c7_o.jpg

This is them together for rear seat strapping option

2278796764_f83f3843ca_o.jpg

This is the rain cover that can be for either or both together

2278008739_021a49d227_o.jpg

This is the magnetic back by itself with map protector

2278797864_179f3fc981_o.jpg

Its made by River Road

It's hard to wrong with name brand luggage. There is a lot a good stuff out there. My only tip is when using saddle bags and/or a tail bag I use small zip/cable ties to secure the hooks on the luggage to the mounting point on the bike. A tail bag or saddle bag in the rear wheel at speed is not a pretty sight. It only takes a sec to remove them with small pliers at the end of the day and zip them on at the start of the day.

Another "just my two cents post"

cheers
ken

If you're looking for a tankbag thats big and fits the Busa tank very well you might consider a teknic. Not a great pic of the tankbag but I've had this bag for 10 years and not a rip or tear and no broken zippers, and I have really stuffed it. I've taken it to Laguna Seca a couple of time with enough gear to last 5 days. Anyhow enough said, I really like the bag.

US_60_Ride_020__Small_.jpg

Doyle, you and I have almost the same set-up, but I run a little bigger tank. Bagster, love it.
super.gif

I got a joe rocket tank bag from a friend of mine. Its a big one. Holds a lot. Then I have a set of cortech bags for the back. I think they are around $150. I took a 2,000 mile round trip last spring and it was great. carried everything I wanted and then some.

It's a tossup as wo what bag to get. I don't like the high stacked ones, as it would seem to get in the way, but copperone's bag looks like a solid one. I'd prefer the sportier saddlebags such as cortech or rapid transit. A tailbag would even seem better than the tank bag, depending on what you're doing.

This is gonna sound crazy but Wal Mart sells Bell tank bags. They are 30 bux and will hold 5 liters (if I remember correctly) here is a pic of the one I bought my husband. He's had it for a yr. now and has had no problems with it. It also comes with a rain cover. Can't beat it for the price.

bell_tank_bag.jpeg

Back