Tank bag or saddle bags?

busa clubslinger

Registered
Hey fello screamers, it's come to my realization that it would be nice to have some storage space and I was wondering what works better...tank bag or saddle bags? It seems it may be nice to have something to lean on (tank bag), but I'm sure you can put more in saddle bags. What have been your experiences with either? Thanks! :poke:

alot of touring guys on busas just get both but the more common with either or is people just have tank bags. do a search of tank bags on this site and youll find alot

the normal progression is backpack - tankbag - saddlebags/tailbag

saddlebags complemented by matching tail and tank bags FTW! My set-up is similar to pic below (borrowed fron newenough.com)

comboD_ssc_collection.jpg

Last edited:
Tank Bag first, FOR SURE. You can lean on it while cruising, and just about go to sleep it's so comfortable :thumbsup:

Me, on any two or three day trip, my double tank bag carries more than I need :beerchug:

Never did the backpack thing. Always wondered how you can go sportriding and move around the bike with this big lump on your back.

Tank bag is like a man purse. And yes, you lean down on it & take the pressure off your wrists.

Saddlebags are for the travelin' man.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

tank bag for eveyday riding. have the ventura lugagge for all day riding. still debating weather to add another ventura rack or go the saddle bag route for the "see you in a week honey" trips.

does it affect the bikes handling with the trailor on back or do you even notice it's there???

You can feel the trailer and know it's there (barely), but it wont in any way affect any street riding. Heck you can even drag your knees with it behind you.
Attached pic of a Buddy on his Gixxer at the Dragon

I compare the trailer when loaded, to the weight of a 80 lbs passenger or so

Cheers

image_2.jpg

Last edited:
But yes, as Belair says, a tank bag is great for shorties and overnighters and so on. Course you wont always need a Rig :laugh::laugh:

here we took the side saddle bags, the small tank bag, which i always keep on there and then a bag on the rear luggage rack. All of it is easy on-off.

IMG_7131 AC.jpg

You can feel the trailer and know it's there (barely), but it wont in any way affect any street riding. Heck you can even drag your knees with it behind you.

Cheers

:woot: :bowdown:

Cheers

thats pretty cool, but for the price tag on that bad boy though!!!ouch $2000

Back