Sport touring

Here you go, Monti, per your request (PM) on where to get the saddle bags I have.

Click the link below to go directly to Nelson Riggs web site to order.

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/product....pal.htm

$94 Saddlebags !

ssb%20500%20main.jpg

SSB-500 (B,K,R,Y) Pro-Sphere Saddlebags
Made from durable long lasting UV-treated "Tri-Max®" polyester

Designed to accommodate the high exhausts on some of today’s bikes

Expands up to almost 100% for extra cargo

Protective back pad to prevent marking your bike

Rigid sides and lower panel maintain shape when empty and reduce wind resistance

Bags securely mount using wide Velcro® straps and quick release buckles

Lined interior complete with an easy grab zipper pull for main compartment

External front pockets for quick and easy access

Heat resistant under panels

Highly reflective webbing helps enhance safety for night riding

Extra-large, heavy-duty zippers with pull tabs are reliable for use with or without gloves

100% waterproof rainstorm liner included

Measures 21"L x 10"H x 9"W Standard and 21"L x 10"H x 12"W Expanded

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Lifetime "No Hassle" warranty</span></span>

Have a safe trip !

TY

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144236258 -->

If your going by yourself, you sure you want to take your Bike
rock.gif
. If your going with people I hope your either going with someone who has been several times, or with a Bike Tour Group ! Check your insurance (Health to see if it covers Mexico) and don't forget to BUY Mexican Insurance at the Border (THIS SIDE), because your American Insurance is worthless there. Also, remember if your in an accident, "IT YOUR FAULT" no matter what. You have the burden of proof to show you were not a fault (and that will be real hard) . "OH" by the way, if your in an accident you are automaticly arrested so make sure you know what your doing !

And Yea, HAVE FUN
tounge.gif
I've also heard the gas can be real crap  
wow.gif
Dont put anything less the 87 octane in your tank !!!!!!!!!

Just ask Zukracr, if you have any question.

rock.gif
. If your going with people I hope your either going with someone who has been several times, or with a Bike Tour Group ! Check your insurance (Health to see if it covers Mexico) and don't forget to BUY Mexican Insurance at the Border (THIS SIDE), because your American Insurance is worthless there. Also, remember if your in an accident, "IT YOUR FAULT" no matter what. You have the burden of proof to show you were not a fault (and that will be real hard) . "OH" by the way, if your in an accident you are automaticly arrested so make sure you know what your doing !

And Yea, HAVE FUN
tounge.gif
Not to get off topic, but the irony just kills me. A few days ago yet another person I know was involved in an accident caused by an illegal alien (in this case Mexican). Besides not having a DL, insurance, work permit, or citizenship, he was NOT ARRESTED.

They must be loving this sweetheart of an amnesty deal that our federal govt is putting together for them.
drooling3.gif

I'm using a Renn tech bike rack for $105. Along with a set of $94 Nelson riggs re enforced,expandable, Muffler heat protection and rain covererd saddle bags.
During a test try, just to see how much I could get into the saddle bags I was able to get a 80"x60"x8" air mattress in one side of the saddle bags wit a little more room to spare.

Secureing a bag  correctly on the bike rack will make a perfect back support for your seat bag (tailbag) as well.

Also you might want to check out the electronic Audiovox cruise control install in the mod section.  

Have a safe trip, Playa  !

DSC02466.jpg

DSC02467.jpg
smile.gif
Hey Rhythm,

Did you ever work out how to attach a backrest to your Renntec rack? That's the only thing that's keeping me from getting one as they look good on the Busa.

They also look to be well made.
muscle.gif

rock.gif

And Yea, HAVE FUN
tounge.gif
wow.gif
Dont put anything less the 87 octane in your tank  !!!!!!!!!

Yeah, and don't put in diesel either!
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

And Yea, HAVE FUN
tounge.gif
wow.gif
Dont put anything less the 87 octane in your tank  !!!!!!!!!

Yeah, and don't put in diesel either!  
rock.gif
Nuttn wrong with putting diesel in your tank. Just make sure you dont turn it over. Talk about a close call
biggrin.gif

rock.gif

I'm using a Renn tech bike rack for $105. Along with a set of $94 Nelson riggs re enforced,expandable, Muffler heat protection and rain covererd saddle bags.
During a test try, just to see how much I could get into the saddle bags I was able to get a 80"x60"x8" air mattress in one side of the saddle bags wit a little more room to spare.

Secureing a bag  correctly on the bike rack will make a perfect back support for your seat bag (tailbag) as well.

Also you might want to check out the electronic Audiovox cruise control install in the mod section.  

Have a safe trip, Playa  !

DSC02466.jpg

DSC02467.jpg
smile.gif
Hey Rhythm,

Did you ever work out how to attach a backrest to your Renntec rack? That's the only thing that's keeping me from getting one as they look good on the Busa.

They also look to be well made.
muscle.gif
Not yet ! I've been too busy with other projects and the wife hasn't been complaining about going for a ride, yet.
Anyway the backrest mod should only involve drilling two vertical holes on each side of the rack with a flat 1" square bar you can get from Lowes or Home depot .  I plan on using a piece of flat square 1" bar  x whatever it take to make a complete u shape figure to the otherside. Then drill two holes matching holes on the ends of the 1" flat steel bar for mounting to the backrest. You could tap the inside of all the holes and secure with the correct size bolts. The  bolts will secure the backrest in place, no nutz needed.  Or you could leave the holes untapped and use a combo nut, washer, locking washer, and bolt to secure it to the bike rack.

I havent included the backrest pad plans just yet but it shouldn't be difficult putting somthing together.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144274128 -->

Back