Tank bag

Just placed my order for the Nelson rigg tank bag.
Liked it because it's expandable just in case and their lifetime warranty.
Thanks everyone for their participation.
beerchug.gif

That's the one I'm leaning towards.... I just would like to know how it works out as a back-pack, if its flimsy or a good setup.

(TurboSN95 @ Jun. 01 2007,14:20) That's the one I'm leaning towards.... I just would like to know how it works out as a back-pack, if its flimsy or a good setup.
Maybe hillsrider will check back in on the thread with an answer.

I haven't ever carried mine as a backpack, so I couldn't tell you how well that works.
beerchug.gif

Does the Rapid hold a helmet like the Nelson ? If not I like the Nelson better . 10 bucks more but what is 10 bucks these days . Plus a life time warranty . Enough said .

My Nelson-Rigg CL-350 arrived, very nice quality, lots of space even when not expanded, the ONLY gripe I have is on the bottom there is a plastic D-ring used for the backpack straps - I worry that it might touch my tank and eventually scratch it.... not sure, maybe i'll put a piece of black rubber vacuum hose over the straight part to prevent any scratches.

But, even when fully expanded I can still see my gauges and it looks like I won't have any steering problems, I can't wait to take a long trip!!!!!!!

P6140002__Medium_.JPG

And it fits in my gym locker. Bonus! I just need to find a male to female headphone cable so I can get off the bike without opening the bag to disconnect my Ipod.

i have an icon now. used oxford hump in the past which are really nice. should have gotten another one

(Shibumi @ May 25 2007,08:47) Mine stays on the bike 24/7-wouldn't know anymore how to do without it! Two bottles of water, clear face shield, tire gauge, spare shirt, jacket liner if weather's iffy, digital camera, snack-these all fit easily and are along on a daily basis!

This bag also allows you to tuck in because of the sloping profile-nice!
Nice bag. I might just get one of those.

Right now I have the Cortech mini and I actually put it on the tank backwards.

I had a problem when I went to pass an 18 wheeler on a side road. I was going about 110 mph and the damn bag came off the tank and I was just able to catch it with my left hand before it went sailing off. After that, I put the bag on with the handle facing away from me. Which just looks retarded when it is expanded but keeps it from flying off and smacking me in the head..  
pissed.gif

Got the Nelson rigg bag in and ended up sending it back.
Didn't really like it.
The flaps with the magnets hung over the tank bra and on the front was pretty much touching the inner panels.
Waiting on the return to go back through and then I'm going to pick up one of the RAPID TRANSIT STACK LT tank bags and the hydration bladder.
We'll see how it works out.

Been using the Joe Rocket Manta tank bag I got at the same time for around town and like how much it holds.
It will hold a camcorder, camera, Chatterbox, MP3 player, and a few other things for the bike.

Since were talking bike bags, anyone have any opinions on saddle bags? My folks live 3 hours away. If I go visit Id like to be able to pack enough stuff to take my bike. (Clean clothes, toothbrush, etc) Thoughts?

Back