Tank bag

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
Been looking at tank bags and can't make up my mind between two.
If you was to make a choice, then which of the two below would you pick?
Rapid Transit
Nelson Rigg
If you have one of these bags, let me know how you like it.
Did a search, a few use them, but not really much info on them.
Feel free to post up another one, but I'm really thinking about one of the two above.
Thanks.
beerchug.gif

I used my sons tank bag, a Joe Rocket velocity model, and it worked great on the busa. Lots of room, large magnets, and left no marks on the tank. I would recommend it .

The Rapic Transit bag has hole so you can run wire thru for a cell phone charger or MP3 player, which is cool!
There both very nice bags, and good pricing on both too!

I just bought a T Bag after Daytona which is very close these too also, but more expensive!

Link

Use to have a Joe Rocket sport tank bag, but is no longer available.
Worked pretty good.

Mainly looking to hold MP3 player and the Chatterbox GMRS X1 that my parents got for me and other stuff.
Thought about the JR. manta for around town and such and one of the two in the first post for small trips.

(GSXcite @ May 24 2007,20:17) I used my sons tank bag, a Joe Rocket velocity model, and it worked great on the busa. Lots of room, large magnets, and left no marks on the tank. I would recommend it .
+1 on the Joe Rocket

(GIXERHP @ May 24 2007,23:17) The Rapic Transit bag has hole so you can run wire thru for a cell phone charger or MP3 player, which is cool!
There both very nice bags, and good pricing on both too!

I just bought a T Bag after Daytona which is very close these too also, but more expensive!

Link
Nice bag.
The nelson rigg also has the hole for wire passage on it.

This is what I use. In the photo on their website the bag is expanded. I have mine on almost all the time I ride. When I rode to work everyday last year it was my lunch bag. Anyway it was perfect for me. It wasn't too big or too small and I had the option of expanding when needed.
Tourmaster/Cortech

I just noticed that the Nelson bag has a waterproof hole also. I guess im no help!
bowdown.gif

i think im gonna use the money i got back from state frarm and purchase the joe rocket manta XL bag. with the price of gas, i want to ride the scoot to work more often but during the summer and working outside makes it tough to work in jeans. gonna use the tank bag to store my shorts and my lunch.

Don't use Cortech. Scratches your paint.

--Wag--

<span style='font-family:trebuchet ms'></span><span style='color:royalblue'></span>
I use all Cortech, can't beat the price and You can pack you're whole house. I used my tank bag as a lunch box with a thermal insulated bag inside too.
I put 10,000 miles on last season with em. Healthy coat of wax every month on the tank and it looks brandy new. not 1 scratch from them.

Bike1.GIF

(ozzy04 @ May 24 2007,23:24) i think im gonna use the money i got back from state frarm and purchase the joe rocket manta XL bag. with the price of gas, i want to ride the scoot to work more often but during the summer and working outside makes it tough to work in jeans. gonna use the tank bag to store my shorts and my lunch.
Yeah
laugh.gif
I ride my bike more because of the price of gas, hey and I'm gonna cut the grass less
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

<span style='font-family:trebuchet ms'></span>
It's an aftermarket reflector I got from somewhere
in Russia near Chernobyl or Kiev or something...
They said it has a half life of 50,000 years.
It's pretty sweet.

AAAssjani.gif
cool.gif

Nelson Rigg
cool.gif

Silver Streak Trunk, Tank bag, Saddlebags = Awesome

I put 2 weeks worth of crap in it (food saver bags containing a change of clothes each)

You really want to pack in some stuff get a food saver. Keeps it all dry too....

Think I'll get rid of the car...

I use my Rapid Transit bag all the time. I have my MP3 player inside with a set of battery powered speakers across the top. (leaning on the tank I can hear the music and traffic).

It also has 'backpack' straps to make it easier to caryy when it's off the bike.
Integrated rain cover.

I got the hydration bladder as well.

Very happy with it.

Mine stays on the bike 24/7-wouldn't know anymore how to do without it! Two bottles of water, clear face shield, tire gauge, spare shirt, jacket liner if weather's iffy, digital camera, snack-these all fit easily and are along on a daily basis!

This bag also allows you to tuck in because of the sloping profile-nice!

Bag3.JPG

(Shibumi @ May 25 2007,08:47) Mine stays on the bike 24/7-wouldn't know anymore how to do without it! Two bottles of water, clear face shield, tire gauge, spare shirt, jacket liner if weather's iffy, digital camera, snack-these all fit easily and are along on a daily basis!

This bag also allows you to tuck in because of the sloping profile-nice!
Just the man I was hoping would see the post.
I saw your pics while doing a search.
Is it big enough to pack a change of clothes with Jeans.
Sweetshirt, extra emergency tools, few packs of smokes, Chatterbox, mp3 player, cell phone?
I like this one, but the nelson rigg is expandable just in case.

Does this bag hold it's shape when not completely full?

Thanks everyone else.
Still looking at diff. options.
Only looking for a tank bag at this time. The Joe rocket I had was big enough for a overnight or 2 day trips.

Back