Tank bag

I would not buy a square bag, can't imagine that digging into me in a tuck.

Did I mention I've had this one on the bike tucked in at 160+ and laid over in a hairpin scraping the toe sliders on my Alpinestars?
smile.gif

(Shibumi @ May 25 2007,18:47) Nathan, any other questions, or are you already on your way to the bike shop?
laugh.gif
Not yet.
Thanks for all the pics.
Guess I'm gonna wait and see the pics from hillsrider and make my decision then.
Appreciate the help and it looks like it'll hold a good amount.

(Pipefighter248 @ May 24 2007,23:37) Keep em coming fellas.
Plan on ordering sometime this weekend.

Might as well add the Tourmaster also.
Best bag I have ever had and i have tried most of them ..

Appreciate the pics. I've been wondering which bag to go with myself and now I'm pretty certain I'm going to order the Rapid Transit Recon bag!

Thanx for the pics Shibumi!

(Pipefighter248 @ May 25 2007,18:24)
(Shibumi @ May 25 2007,18:42) ... and stone empty.
smile.gif
So it does hold it's shape when empty?
beerchug.gif
See post #40

Pictures don't lie!

smile.gif

By the way, it has 4 magnets in it that each are extremely strong- two on side flaps, one in center close to the triple, and one in a flap closest to the saddle. I talked to somebody who had bought one a couple weeks before, and he didn't know the front flap folded out of the bottom of the bag- hilarious thing is, I did the same thing!
laugh.gif
It holds the front down and you hear a clunk when the magnet sticks, but with the flap extended it holds it down tighter.

smile.gif

Just don't put your wallet close to the magnets, it will erase your cards. Not that I have had any experience with that.
wink.gif

I will get pics in the morning.. sorry for the delay, the busa is in a garage across town at the moment!
all_coholic.gif

I have the Nelson Rigg and absolutely love it. Six magnets hold it on the bike, rain cover works great and it holds it shape regardless of what I’m carrying in side the bag.

Here are a few quick pics. I can get more if there is something specific you want to see.
beerchug.gif

P1010017__Large_.JPG

Thanks Hillsrider.
How many magnets does it have?
Does the tank bra get in the way of the mag?
Can it be leaned on and not move?
beerchug.gif

(Pipefighter248 @ May 27 2007,17:15) Thanks Hillsrider.
How many magnets does it have?
Does the tank bra get in the way of the mag?
Can it be leaned on and not move?
beerchug.gif
There are 6 magnets, 2 in the base of the bag and 4 more in the flaps. As I have it set, the bag starts right at the edge of the tank bra.. no interference. And just the other day I was riding home in the rain, leaning on it with my full weight to stay as dry as possible.. it won't move.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back