Strapping down a tank bag

justin726

Registered
I'm using a friends tank bag for an upcoming trip next week. The tank bag is the type with hooks for the front straps with quick release "buckles" on them. My question is where is a good place to attach the two front hooks to. I was looking down around the neck of the frame and there's a few hoses and a headlight bracket, but nothing really great to hook these hooks onto to secure the front of the bag. I figured someone else had to have a similar bag and maybe found a couple good spots to hook to. Any suggestions?

My tank bag is indispensable on longer rides....I love it. Problem is it is a magnetic tank bag and holds up fine with no straps even at 140 mph.

But when originally installed, the easy on off clips went around the center part of the fork...they did touch some of the hoses buts had no effect. With a little fiddling around, you may be able to route the clips/straps away from the hoses.

get a magnetic bag. They are great

oh...and one other suggestion....if the straps are long enough you may be able to go under the gas tank to attach much like the tank bras some folks use on their busas....

My tank bag straps go around the front of the tank and down under and around the frame.

Also, dont forget to put a really good coat of wax on the tank. The tank bag will rub a little, but as long as you have a good coat of wax on, your tank should be fine.

Back