Joe Rocket Manta tank bag

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Joe Rocket Manta tank bag - I see it's magnetic...does this thing scratch your tank?

Looks pretty cool, right now I wear a back pack, wouldn't mind a tank bag but not at the cost of a scratched up tank.

I have another tank bag but it does have the magnets. I don't have any but just make you wipe the tank and the bag before hand. You should be fine.

My bag is magnetic and it doesn't scratch the tank. Can't remember the name but will look when I get home. Here an ok pic of it

MY_NEW_BIKE_001__Small_.jpg

Just got the manta at end of last season. It's kinda on the small side, but good for short hops.
As long as you keep tank and underside of bag clean you shouldn't have any problems.

The manta is handy, now they have a bigger version came out...but, I have some different one and it doesn't damage the paint job, but in the long run, it will...
super.gif

Pics_from_Camera_039__Small_.jpg

(Justyntym @ Apr. 09 2007,05:flamethrowing:) Joe Rocket Manta tank bag - I see it's magnetic...does this thing scratch your tank?

Looks pretty cool, right now I wear a back pack, wouldn't mind a tank bag but not at the cost of a scratched up tank.
Justyntym,
I tried to PM you, but something strange was going on with the Board.

Anyway, I've got my old Marsee 11 liter tank bag that I had on my Busa before I sold it. Can't use it on the new bike.

It's yours if you want it.

Let me know.

No scratches from my Icon. Now you will get scratches if you have something stuck to the magnet like metal shavings.

I have a habit of wiping my off before mounting.

(Juggler @ Apr. 09 2007,15:03)
(Justyntym @ Apr. 09 2007,05
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) Joe Rocket Manta tank bag - I see it's magnetic...does this thing scratch your tank?

Justyntym,
I tried to PM you, but something strange was going on with the Board.

Anyway, I've got my old Marsee 11 liter tank bag that I had on my Busa before I sold it. Can't use it on the new bike.

It's yours if you want it.

Let me know.
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

Justyntym,

Got your PM, but still can't respond.

Will send out tomorrow or Thursday.

PM system is kinda wierd, I had a problem to.

Sweet, thanks for the bag  
bowdown.gif

I have 2 different tankbags, both magnetic. no problems. I saw a guy how got a peice of clear self-sticking poly for under his at the hardware store.

100_06511.jpg

Three years and counting, never had a scratch, just keep the underside clean and I ususally keep a good wax job. The bag has seen speeds of unmentionables and never flew off.
race.gif
even took it down a quarter mile track
super.gif

I also have a new Manta, they are good looking and easy to get in and out of, no problems with scratching, keep er clean!!

I've always used a magnetic bag on all my bikes. I put the "tank slapper" on the 'busa when new just to avoid any unintentional scratches. So far- so good!

No scratches on mine. Great little bag. Store a shield? a badge. Not a wind shield or anything. Not even a visor if thats what you mean.

Back