Tampa florida region org. members...

We have alot of Florida posters here, seems like we could get a good ride put together one weekend that we could try to meet one another. I know it is a big state and there are a lot of miles between all of us all but it sure would be nice to get a decent sized group together.
Yeah it's big, I was just up there yesterday for work. 4 hours up and 4 hours back. Didn't get home till 2 am.

You guy's and gal's should ride to plant city bikefest this saturday 8/5/06.Great time and ride, the back roads are nice low traffic.And a lot cooler than a day ride.

keith
That sounds good, unfortunately I can't see at night. We miss a lot of bike nights because of that.

But we should ride out that way anyway. Never been on our bikes. We flew close to there on our way to Bok Tower once.

You forgot ME!!!!

laugh.gif

Although I gotta talk to the neighbor about our garage sale first.
But I wannnnaaa gooooooo!!!!

Besides, it's been a while since I showed Raider what the back of my bike looks like ..  
poke.gif
Brenda, ummmmm, has Greg talked to you yet?  He said you promised to help the neighbors w/ their garage sale and he was on call all day Sat. and he wasn't to excited about riding in the incredibly hot and humid weather.  Hopefully it won't rain and cool down a few degrees.

Raider is the only confirmation and he lives over in my neck of the woods.  CyKill said Sunday would be better for him than Sat. and should be able to make Sat. but heck I'll ride both days.  Jinkster (Bill) actually said he may make the cross state trip as well.  I figured I could put him up if need be...got the whole house to myself Sat. night.  Haven't heard back from bronc.

Keep in mind you can always try to meet us later after the yard sale.  I gave Greg my cell #...don't hear/feel it to well on the bike though.  See what you can do.

-Keith
I was just messin. Greg told me the plan.

I think Sunday would be better for me.. Then I could do the yard sale Saturday. But it's all workable. I'm feelin a little cough comin on.. ::cough cough:: maybe I SHOULDN'T subject ::cough:: my neighbors to my cold.. ::cough cough cough::
devil.gif

Oh wait that won't work.. they'll see me pulling out of the garage.
tounge.gif

You guy's and gal's should ride to plant city bikefest this saturday 8/5/06.Great time and ride, the back roads are nice low traffic.And a lot cooler than a day ride.

keith

<s>It's from 5-9 PM, I'm sure plenty of riders get there earlier and it doesn't even start to get dark until 8 PM. They say it draws about 9,000-12,00 people.

It does look like a full out Harley event from the gallery pics, and we would likely have some of the very few Hayabusas/sport bikes there, but I couldn't care less. Just can't drink like I normally would. One beer an hour please.</s>

AFTER FURTHER REVIEW, SCRATCH THAT IDEA.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154640815 -->

Oh I'm here. Prolly 5-6 times a day.
I don't post as much since the new regime.
Plus I usually am in the minority in my opinions.

(That's a polite way of saying I'm an A$$, the one time I'm in the majority
laugh.gif
 )

pirate.gif
Raider out.
Well Looky who crawled outta the woodwork...  

Go to see ya.

O.E.  Gregg & Brenda are good people, lots of fun and "REAL" which is nice.  You don't get a bunch of posturing or BS.  
thumbs-up.gif

Raider is good People too, just don't tell him I told ya.  Tampa wasn't bad when it came to riding and the people, so much as the weather I couldn't hack...

Lesse right now it's about 66 degrees and sunny.  YEah I need the cooler weather.
eek2.gif
... Well... thanks for the kind words Revlis & Raider~ Ya'll are too kind...

....your checks are in the mail~
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif
Yeah... I don't know that we could make the Plant City deal~ Brenda's night vision is very bad and makes night riding slow and nerve racking~
down.gif

rock.gif
Yeah... I don't know that we could make the Plant City deal~ Brenda's night vision is very bad and makes night riding slow and nerve racking~
down.gif
No biggie Greg...I'd rather ride than park and walk around in an overcrowded area. Nothing at all against Harley/cruiser riders but that's all it is. No display tents from the likes of Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, etc. just HD, and other chopper/cruiser makers like Big Dog, Tex Biker and a few local mnfctrs.

Gotta say count me out as far as Plant City is concerned.
Been there . . . left ASAP.
Nothing but LOUD obnoxious Hardleys & Riders.
Parking Sucks both it and the *EVENT* area are waayy too small.

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1465"|1154636791 -->

Well Looky who crawled outta the woodwork...

Go to see ya.
"Go" to see ya too!
laugh.gif

And I don't crawl outa the woodwork . . .

I materialize from the shadows.
cool.gif
LOL.

Be honest, it wasn't the weather it was those Love bugs!

How's the 8? Gonna sell me yer mistress yet?

pirate.gif
Raider out.

(Sheesh . . . this threads turned me into a regular post ho!)
The 8 is awesome, As you know jsut a constant source of silly fun...
thumbs-up.gif

OK, it was a combination, Heat, Humidity, Traffic, Humidity, Heat, Love Bugs, OTHER BUGS, Heat, Lack of Seasons, Over Crowding, Heat, Lack of Mountains...

OE shows me a chart Showing a Percentage of sunlight... That's why we love it up so much, perfect weather outdoors more often than in Tampa by far. IF, IF you don't like heat and Humidity.

I grew up with cool evenings, cool mornings, and Mountains. Florida was killing me slowly. I sleep with the bedrooms windows open now, in fact the windows are open and fresh clean air breezes through the house about 75% of time and all summer.

The rain isn't Florida rain, or a Texas Gully Washer. It's a light mist 90% of time, sorta makes it real pleasent, kinda hushed and fresh if that makes sense.

I understand O.E., you like the heat good thing. But for me, I am pretty sure I found paradise.
thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.
Um Yeah, Been there... Would not ever do it again. Well, not until I have a lobotomy and develop a taste for saggy breasted women running around in spandex and leather...

One word.... EWW....

pirate.gif
Raider out.
Um Yeah, Been there...  Would not ever do it again.  Well, not until I have a lobotomy and develop a taste for saggy breasted women running around in spandex and leather...  

One word....  EWW....
Yeah, after reviewing the Plant City bike fest photo gallery my mind was made up that it wasn't for me.

I may head over and check out the Quaker Steak and Lube Bike Night - held every Wed. - in Clearwater. That's the one they presented on SuperBikes.

pirate.gif
Raider out.
AGREED...scratched from the list of things to possibly do.

I understand O.E., you like the heat good thing.  But for me, I am pretty sure I found paradise.  
thumbs-up.gif
Rev, before we get into a pissing contest over the weather of all stupid things I agree 100% it gets stifling humid hot here May-Sept...but the low/high avg. temps for Tampa during the 7 months of OCT-APRIL is ~58-75 degrees and a lot cooler if you knock out OCt & APRIL. Great for riding w/out the worries of it being too hot.

Seattle's low/high range avg. is ~38-52 degrees for the same period.  Not too bad, about 20 degrees colder on avg., especially at night. So you simply experience cold riding there.

So the trade off is 6-7 colder winter months there vs. 4-5 hot/humid summer months here. Seattle area is gorgeous, I had a friend who got relocated there from Miami of all places. And it does have it's paradise like scenic views that we can't get down here.

GUESS THAT MOVIE LINE:
"Everythings so green, maaan."

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154641724 -->

Quaker Steak and Lube is a good spot. Worth checking out at least once. Lots of sportbikes represent. But still no sportbike tents or displays. Food is good too.

Quaker Steak and Lube is a good spot. Worth checking out at least once. Lots of sportbikes represent. But still no sportbike tents or displays. Food is good too.
I meet up with friends there quite often on Wed nights and we head out for a ride from there. Some cool bikes, food is good. alot of all types of bikes.

Sat night everyone heads to a lot on hwy60 (gulf to bay Blvd) but i normaly avoid that 1, 99% it's squids and idiots. I'm up for whatever, But glad plant city was crossed out =)

Again keep me updated, Sun still a better day for me to go for a ride. but most evenings work for me.

I meet up with friends there quite often on Wed nights and we head out for a ride from there. Some cool bikes, food is good. alot of all types of bikes.

Sat night everyone heads to a lot on hwy60 (gulf to bay Blvd) but i normaly avoid that 1, 99% it's squids and idiots. I'm up for whatever, But glad plant city was crossed out =)

Again keep me updated, Sun still a better day for me to go for a ride. but most evenings work for me.
So CK,

Are you definitely out for Saturday or is Sunday your only day? As of now Raider and I are confirmed, Greg and Brenda are a maybe. Haven't heard back from Zero Gulch bronc yet.

PM sent.

Back