Dealerships in Tampa?

Sgt Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Since there seem to be a lot of you from Florida and the Tampa area could you help me out.

I would like to know what your experience is with the dealers in Tampa. I want to go to a place where I know I will get a fair deal with a trade in.

A buddy of mine went all the way out to Orlando to get his Busa because he didn't like any of the dealers in Tampa. That was about a year ago.

Right now, if I can, I plan on taking the money I save here in Iraq and use it to pay off my Buell. Then take the Buell in for a trade in on a 04' Busa LE.

Good luck finding an 04. I have no experience with any tampa dealers other than window shopping. I bought mine in Lakeland (30 minutes east of Tampa) at SKY Powersports. I don't know of anyone with a bad sales experience there. I know of one that won't take his bike back for service due to another issue but I think he said his sales experience was good.
smile.gif

Stay away from Cycle Springs in Palm Harbor. I bought 2 new bikes from them within a couple of months and they act like they don't know you when you need service or anything.
I looked around on the net and found my busa at Okechobee Powersports for 10,200 (2004 le) out the door. Cheapest I found in Florida. I had them email me a quote and I had a local dealer match it.They weren't happy but f them! They Originally wanted like 13,500!!!!! That's after I had already bought one from them!!
As for a trade in, you might want to try to sell it outright first. The dealer's #### is worth a million then when you want to trade all of a sudden it's not worth anything.

We bought the Kat and the Busa from Chuck at PowerSports in Tampa. You bring him a low price, he'll beat it. And very easy to deal with.

What she means to say is Chuck at <span style='color:blue'>MOTORSPORTS</span> of Tampa.  
biggrin.gif

They used to be Powersports but broke off from them approx.
a year ago.

Prior to that the used to be known as Honda West (Suzuki West)
(Kawasaki West) That was back when Don owned it.

I've been a loyal customer since 1993. Bought 9 bikes from them.
Plus they do all my service work.

I did work for them for 18 months.

I still lead their twice monthly Sunday rides.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1162"|1102784984 -->

RaiderDm

Is that the Powersports/Motorsports on N. Florida just past Fletcher. If it is I've bought gear from them, seem like nice folks. Oh yeah you have mail.

Cecil_Stringer

I bought my Arai helmet from them. I went there right after working a grave yard shift and got there about 30 min before they opened. As soon as they saw me they opened up the doors early for me. I thought that was pretty cool.

diesel

If where ever I go does not give me a good deal screw them. I have been in the Air Force for 12 years. I have a stable income. If some dealer wants to try and charge me $3000 more than what the bike is worth they have lost a sell and more. The Air Force is a small world and I will let every one I know to avoid some f#@cking scam artist. I'm glad to here though that you got the same bike I want at the price I know I would pay.

smile.gif

I agree with Joker N Raider.  No Bullshid ego or fantasy world BS.  Motorsports may not treat you like your an old buddy but I trust Chuck (As far as I trust any salesman) and their service is pretty darned good.   So that Is where I would go.  I have allways been treated well.

Motorsports of Tampa On Florida just north of Fletcher Ave.  
thumbs-up.gif
 Best part is, now that they are Independant they actually have a lot of bike on hand...  None of this 3 or 4 sportbikes on the floor kinda shid..

You should be able to get an 05 Busa for right around $11k OTD. After title taxes tags, everything no problem.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102840647 -->

You should be able to get an 05 Busa for right around $11k OTD.  After title taxes tags, everything no problem.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. Still want a 04' LE though. When I get to the states I will have to drop in.

All right now I know where to go. Of course now I just have to get to the states. Just over a month to go.

Keep your Head Down Sgt...
thumbs-up.gif
See ya when you get back...

Motorsports, still listed as Powersports, has a clean bill of health according to the BBB. Having a good record with the BBB is a prerequisite with me before I make any large purchase.

Trust me that is the main reason I bought my Dodge from Jerry Ulm. They where a member and in good standing with the BBB.

I would really have peace of mind if Motorsports where a member of the BBB though. Oh well.

diesel

If where ever I go does not give me a good deal screw them. I have been in the Air Force for 12 years. I have a stable income. If some dealer wants to try and charge me $3000 more than what the bike is worth they have lost a sell and more. The Air Force is a small world and I will let every one I know to avoid some f#@cking scam artist. I'm glad to here though that you got the same bike I want at the price I know I would pay.

smile.gif
Yeah, I know. I shouldn't have given them the business, but I was very impatient to get the busa and they were the closest dealer. It was GREAT bringing back that quote to them and watching them squirm, though!!

BBB is a good yardstick, but like you found out it's not the be-all-end all indicator.  Motorsports of Tampa is improving since they left the Powersports Network, they have more bikes on hand, better service folks, and their parts counter guys are still friendly, specially if your toting in a 12 Pack of Corona...

Bruce in Service is the man, and I trust him a good deal,  just over all competant quality folks.  I don't work for them and I have very little tolerance for Bullshid, so if they were at all shady I would be sounding off about it loudly. NO WAY they would get a
thumbs-up.gif
from me if they weren't up to spec.  They have gone outta their way for me a couple of times and really treat my Busa with some care, they know it's my baby and they treat it as such.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103122230 -->

diesel Posted on Dec. 15 2004,14:39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just come in wearing full battle gear and I'm sure you'll get a deal.  [/QUOTE]

We call it Battle Rattle over here. Would not want to scare anybody back in the states wearing it though.

Revils

I can not hear enough good stuff about a place I'm going to do business with. Thanks again for the info. Probably need to print this page out so I do not have to remember the names of the people you all suggest that work at Motorsports.

I got my 05 in orlando. Have had good exp. at Barney's in Brandon. Stay as far away from Sky in Lakeland as you can. Also saw a 04 LE in Kissimmee about 2-3 weeks ago.

Do you want us to keep an eye out for an 04 LE for you?
Depending on when you get back, may be able to help line things up for you.

Back