synthetic oil

hemi

Registered
i know this has been asked 5000 times, but i'm gonna do the switch to full synthetic amsoil soon. I'm at about 2500 miles right now, should i wait until 3k for the second oil change to run full syntetic. I want to dump it in right now, but would it be wise to wait until 3k miles. Also, i've heard people changing their oil a few times up until 3k, i just changed at 600 and planned on going to full synthetic at 3k like the manual states. Should i have changed it once or twice in between these intervals?

so my engine won't blow up if i switch to syntetic at 2500 miles instead of 3k. That's 500 miles!! sounds pretty risky to me, maybe i should wait:rofl::rofl:

I'm switching now at 2500. I even found a local Amsoil dealer here in Spring, Texas. Is there a recommendation for how long you can go with the Amsoil before you need another oil change. In their pamphlet, they say 25,000 miles or once a year, whichever comes first.

BE VERY CAREFUL A BUDDIE OF MINE JUST BLOW THE MOTOR APART AT 2600 MILES AND THEY SENT THE OIL SAMPLE TO A LAB CAUSE WAS THE DIFFERENT OIL THAT CAUSED THE ENGINE TO LET GO AND BELEAVE ME THIS GUY DOSN'T RACE THIS BIKE AT ALL :beerchug: :thumbsup: lol NOT MINE IT RUNS GREAT ON THE STOCK OIL :laugh:

BE VERY CAREFUL A BUDDIE OF MINE JUST BLOW THE MOTOR APART AT 2600 MILES AND THEY SENT THE OIL SAMPLE TO A LAB CAUSE WAS THE DIFFERENT OIL THAT CAUSED THE ENGINE TO LET GO AND BELEAVE ME THIS GUY DOSN'T RACE THIS BIKE AT ALL :beerchug: :thumbsup: lol NOT MINE IT RUNS GREAT ON THE STOCK OIL :laugh:
It is hard to understand what you're trying to say. Are you are stating that your friend blew his engine and Suzuki sent an oil sample to be tested because he didn't use "Suzuki" oil? You do understand, in America at least, that if a company requires you to use their oil they are required to provide it, right? Now, if you put 90 weight in there instead of the suggested oil that is different. It isn't clear what you're suggesting.

That is why it is important to keep receipts and documentation if you do your own maintenance. At least if you want to keep your warranty.

Last edited:
I switched my oil to Amsoil 10w40 when I did the 600 mile service.

Is my engine going to blow up now? :laugh:

I'm switching now at 2500. I even found a local Amsoil dealer here in Spring, Texas. Is there a recommendation for how long you can go with the Amsoil before you need another oil change. In their pamphlet, they say 25,000 miles or once a year, whichever comes first.

Htown can you PM that dealer info?:please:

Back