Engine oil and filter question

Ryan

Registered
Hi guys,

Now that I have about 6000km on my busa, I am going to change the oil for the first time after 1000km service. The manual recommends to change the oil filter at 18000km so I figured no need to change the oil filter at 6000k. I bought synthetic oil (Mobile 1) last night and I'm gonna use synthetic oil from now on.
Here's my question, do I need to change the filter because I'm going with synthetic oil? or it's gonna be fine to have about 200CC mineral in 3100CC synthetic.

Thanks for your reply

Cheers
:beerchug:

drain old oil. use new oil filter. pour 4 quarts of synthetic. ride and enjoy!

do I need to change the filter because I'm going with synthetic oil? or it's gonna be fine to have about 200CC mineral in 3100CC synthetic.

Just make sure the filter you buy says its good with synthetic oil. I know AMSOIL makes a nice synthetic filter to go with their synthetic oil. I use a K&N filter

when i pull the filter i end up using slightly more than 4 quarts every time. Maybe I'm being anal but I change the filter when I change the oil every time, worth the price to me to make me feel better. I figure why just leave that old oil in there ???

I run mobile 1 full synth in everything I own from lawn mowers to four wheelers, to my daily drivers. I run mobile 1 10-40 racing in the Busa. I'm sure it's not the only good oil out there but I like it. I hear Royal Purple is good and Amsoil.

And yes, change your filter for sure switching to full synthetic:beerchug:

3.5 QUARTS of Mobil 1 racing 4t fully synthetic with filter change. I have 31,000 on my Gen II, and she is still rockin on. I broke my engine in on regular motorcycle oil, and switched to synthetic after about 3500 miles. If an engine isn't broken in properly before switching to synthetics u will never get the full potential out of it.:welcome:

3.5 QUARTS of Mobil 1 racing 4t fully synthetic with filter change. I have 31,000 on my Gen II, and she is still rockin on. I broke my engine in on regular motorcycle oil, and switched to synthetic after about 3500 miles. If an engine isn't broken in properly before switching to synthetics u will never get the full potential out of it.:welcome:

I agree... 3.5 quarts. After proper break in then switch to full synthetic... I use stock filter and Mobile 1 4T... I switched after about 3,500 miles of regular oil.

I run mobile 1 full synth in everything I own from lawn mowers to four wheelers, to my daily drivers. I run mobile 1 10-40 racing in the Busa. I'm sure it's not the only good oil out there but I like it. I hear Royal Purple is good and Amsoil.

:beerchug:

I run Valvoline 10w40 in everything: bikes, boats, PWCs, lawn mowers...lots more economical, available everywhere.
On sale now at Wally World for $15 for 5 qt jug.

YMMV,
CW

Don't get everyone started bro :suspect:

Oil threads are infamous around here :laugh:

:laugh: well just saying if they want their busa to last longer i suggested what to use. Royal Purple is awesome too just not quite as good as AMSOIL

Does the K&N oil filter really make a difference?

My dealer made use full synthetic during my first service as anything else would void my warranty... ???

Does the K&N oil filter really make a difference?

My dealer made use full synthetic during my first service as anything else would void my warranty... ???

Ive always used K&N filter. dont know about a difference but i stick to filters that say they work well with synthetic oil. Im just overly cautious...

Back