Engine Oil Question

Ham

Registered
Hi i purchased a used 2009 in February has 3040 miles on it. I have changed all fluids except the engine oil.
Question is can i switch to a synthetic like Amsoil or should i stick with the regular Suzuki stuff.
I plan to change the oil tomorrow.

I personnally run mobil 1 full syn in the busa (bought new in 2012 with 1 mile) since the break-in oil change(now 3500+ miles).
Have personally seen and heard lucas motorcycle oil is pretty good stuff at least in older scoots.

I have changed my opinion on Mobil-1 car oil. I used it for many years with great success, but some of us started experiencing very early clutch failure. Switching away from the Mobil-1 has solved the problem. I am now using Brad Penn motorcycle oil, but Brad Penn car oil seems to be a good choice too. It has zinc among other things.

This is an oil question, not Gen 2 specific. On my 06, now with over 60,000 miles thru eleven states under all conditions, using Amsoil, my original clutch works perfectly, my transmission shifts smoothly, the engine runs cooler and when I change it approximately every 5,000 miles, the drained oil is maybe a half pint low. You decide.

Its burning off, .5 pints isn't bad as look as its not mixing with the coolant and or overheating I wouldn't be to worried about it.
If its the same amount between changes most likely its normal. Just keep a eye on it.
In some autos thats normal.

I've always used Spectro. Available in bike shops. Never had an issue with street bikes, roadrace bikes, or drag racing. Put 1500 miles on new busa and switched to Spectro full synthetic.

Maybe strange but true here in Australia Valvoline recommends there car oil for the busa and quite a number of other bikes in there lube guide so I am using there 10/40 Durablend semi syn and its working out fine so far :thumbsup:

I've been using the Zuki 10W 40 Dino for 10 years and 114 K miles, about $30 4 qts, filter, and crush washer

Reactions: Ham
Back