2nd Oil Change and Synthetic?

Sorry for my absence, I have been buisy lately. Thank you everyone for your posts, they have all been very helpful. Thank you especially Don, great article with real data; perfect.

ONE QUESTION to PROFESSOR:
WHAT OIL do YOU put in YOUR HAYABUSA?
(Please keep it short and precise...as my eysight and brain power cannot process more than a few words at a time.)
Would my guess AMSOIL be close to the mark?

Change your oil and oil filter today, the first change is really important as the moving parts are still bedding on each other which will generate metal particals and you dont want that in the bike's oil system.
wait until your 2nd oil change before you put in fully Syn oils to make sure all the parts are fully bedded to each other.

you can never go wrong with fully syn oils, they have a better structure and can withstand heat more. just make sure its a bike oil (A car syn oil might cause problems and causes the clutch to slip) . i've used mobile 1 fully syn 15w-50 for the past 4 or 5 years and never had a problem.

I agree with waiting until after the second oil change too. I use the Mobile 1 4t 10/40 from Walmart at 8.96 a quart ...gotta love walley world :whistle:

I have been a staunch supporter of Amsoil for awhile now. I noticed lately that my clutch just doesn't feel right, almost like it is not engaging fully and it is slipping a little. So today I went to wally world and bought the Mobil 1 10w40 synthetic M4T cycle oil. Going to give that a shot and see how it does.

This argument is as old as the world trust me. A good synthetic oil, in my opinion formulated for a cycle, will be just fine.

Back