What synthetic oil is recommended?

Amsoil and Amsoil filters in everything I own.

10-40 in the Busa.

:thumbsup:

Mobil 1 15w50 synthetic, used it on all my previous bikes too...

That is a fine oil for hard driving in extreme temperatures, but the bike will change gear noticeably smoother and more silent with a thinner oil like e.g. 5w40 synthetic. The engine noise is lower with 15w50 though.

I use the AMSOIL Motorcycle oil. If you suys are using Mobil 1 from WalMart,make sure you get the Mobil One Motorcycle oil. Mobil 1 4T

Last change switched to Motul 5100 10W40 Oil so far bike seems to be running smoother and shifting little better as well.

I believe that's known as the placebo effect...aka I paid a buttload more than I should have for this oil so it makes a huge difference!
Actually, I settled on Amsoil in my 32V DOHC Mustang after trying Redline, Royal Purple, Mobil 1 and Ford's Syn oil. The vavletrain/engine noise was noticeably reduced compared to the other oils and I also noticed a slight increase in gas mileage. That's no BS.

I will also be using Amsoil in my Busa when my first oil change comes.

Next oil change will be running Maxima from now on

Maxima Racing Usa - The Maxima Story

530RR.jpg

It's expensive but the Silkolene Synthetic work's great for me. I also use their synthetic chain lube. It's all personal preference. Don't be scared, their oil is red and could trick you into thinking it's ATF.

Back