synthetic oil, 3 to choose from

hemi

Registered
gettin close to 3k on the 08 and am going to do the switch to syntetic (think i'm about 2400 miles on the clock right now). There are 3 brands of synthetics i'm tryin to decide which to run: suzuki synthetic, amsoil, or mobil 1. I ran amsoil in my last gixxer 750 and was always happy with it, i think i have about 3 quarts still sitting in the garage of amsoil. I know a lot run mobil 1 and are happy with it, but then again can't go wrong with oem suzuki synthetic. I probably like amsoil the best, but it is a bit more expensive and sometimes hard to get. Any suggestions

I am also getting ready to switch. I was thinking of the Rottela full synthetic but decided on going with Mobil 1 rt full synthetic.

I'm sure all syntethics are about the same anyway. I was gonna go with the mobil 1, but since i have 3 un-opened quarts of amsoil in the garage from my last bike i might as well just go with amsoil, be a waste not to use it at $10 a quart

IS THERE ANY RESULTS POSTED OF PEOPLE WHO ARE RUNNING A SYNTHETHIC OIL FOR A LONG TIME OR HIGH MILEAGE RECORD WITH NO PROBLEMS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME POST I AM SURE THERE WELL BE SOME GOOD REPORTS BACK ????? AND REPORTS OF THE WAY IT RUNS AND SHIFT'S WHEN CHANGING TO A SYNTHETHIC OIL I HAVE HEARD SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS. I THINK THIS GROUP WILL HAVE THE ANSWER HERE.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Rotella T isn't a true synthetic, but it is a good oil. I use Mobil1 m/c oil because it does a great job of cleaning.

I have run mobile 1 mx4t since my break in and i got 38k miles on it now with no issues. However, I do know that the new mobile 1 racing 4t is not the same formula. So I am going to be making the switch to amsoil when i run out.

I just switched my K8 to Amsoil 10-40 (at 2500 miles)

I have noticed smoother shifting and transitions. To make sure it wasn't in my head, I asked a gear-head buddy of mine what he thought (he's quite familiar with my bike). He said he definately noticed it as well.

Surprised us both really.

My K8 shifts better for sure since the switch to Amsoil. I used to get an occasional false neutral between 4th and 5th but it hasn't happened even once this season since I went too the Amsoil!:thumbsup:

:whistle:

FormMoto5W40.jpg

i'll just stay with the amsoil then, i to noticed it made my bike shift and run quite a bit smoother when i put amsoil in my 750

I went to Amsoil my last change and love it. my bike shifts better runs smother and seems to have a little more power. I singed up to become a dealer so i can get it for all of our cars and bikes. Click the link and you can find a lot of useful things
Amsoil Synthetic Oil Change! Amzoil-Best synthetic oil! Some say Emsoil, Amsiol, Amsol Get an Amsoil packet
So can I get amsoil from you! I cannot find it anywhere near where I live. There used to be a rep here but he quit.:please:

I ran Mobile MX4T, then switched to amsoil for a couple changes. Im back to using Mobile, but my next change I gonna try Motul 300V.

I have run mobile 1 mx4t since my break in and i got 38k miles on it now with no issues. However, I do know that the new mobile 1 racing 4t is not the same formula. So I am going to be making the switch to amsoil when i run out.

Whats changed? ???

In the Hayabusa I plan to keep using the regular Suzuki oil and changing every 3500 as scheduled.

Back