Suzuki Drive Mode Selector

weeesss

Registered
Just picked up a new '08 yesterday. Had to ride home from the dealer in the rain but it ran great.

About this Drive Mode selector, is there some indicator on the dash as to what mode you are in? I just clicked down figuring it was in C mode.

Nice change from 10 years of Buelling.

I think you have to hold the button for a sec. Then it comes up kinda on the right side of the digital display. Took me a minute to figure it out on my 09.

When you first start the bike, it is in "A" mode (you won't see this referenced on the display). If you hold the drive mode selector for 2 seconds, the letter A should appear on the screen. You can now use the mode selector button to change modes, and the letter A, B, or C will then show on the screen depending on the mode you select.

D

Congrats on the new bike, :welcome: to the org. never tried mine.

One of the members posted earlier.

When you turn the ignition key off - and you restart the bike the system automatically defaults back to mode "A".

Last question...

Dealer said I have to remove the grab rail to put the hump on, so I left it at the dealer. Is this true?

I think this is true - I have never put the hump on mine.

Do make sure that you go back to the dealer and get all the parts that goes with the bike. If you ever decide to sell all the parts will help maintain the value of the bike.

I am definitely do that, but see some pics of bikes with both the hump and grab rail on.

Gotta find a good tail bag that covers the seat so I can carry my lunch to work, and all will be good. Any suggestions?

Check your manual out for hump install instructions. And yes, the grab rail comes off and two bolts are to be secured prior to attaching the hump.
Do yourself a huge favor and read the owner's manual cover to cover BEFORE riding. Get used to doing all the daily routine checks before you ride......oil level, chain slack and tire pressure to name a few. Oh, speaking of slack, adjust out all but a tiny bit of throttle play for more smooth and responsive acceleration.

I am definitely do that, but see some pics of bikes with both the hump and grab rail on.

Gotta find a good tail bag that covers the seat so I can carry my lunch to work, and all will be good. Any suggestions?

Yes the grab rail has to come off when you put the hump on. Those you see in the pics have modified the hump to fit with the grab rail still installed. I personally could not cut into my plastics nor do I personally care for the looks... Some like the look some don't.. If you like the look you will have to cut the hump.

Congratz on the best motorcycle EVER made! :beerchug:
BTW, you said it was raining on your way home(was in my area also), where did you buy your busa at? Just wondering if your close to me or not......

take the rail off its not a grab rail anyway, your passenger should be holding onto you not the dumb rail behind them that aint gonna keep them from landin on the arse when you take off to fast....its really there to put the bike on the center stand which they no longer come with...or to use for a tie down for your luggage racks ect....

than you can put seat or hump on whenever you like

Last edited:
Hi all,
new to the forum, just got my 2008 Busa. it runs fine, but when I hold the drive selector switch to choose between A-B-C, the FI light comes on...any ideas?

Thanks in advance guys

Back