Mode Selector switch

Billy Busa

Banned
How big a difference does the mode selector switch make? Since I bought my 08 busa a few days ago I havent taken it out of C mode yet.

I think it makes a huge difference. C mode is nice for around town but stinks when on the highway.

You should be moving from the different modes throughout the break-in to vary the engine.

I think it makes a huge difference. C mode is nice for around town but stinks when on the highway.

You should be moving from the different modes throughout the break-in to vary the engine.
Good point, i think
thumb_up.gif
Monday i will go B mode then next monday I will go C mode. Cuz Sunday its gonna rain all day.

beerchug.gif
I tried A,B,C the first couple of days when I bought mine, now I start her and ride her.

Get that out of C. The only time I use C is in the rain and when temp is low on tires. The bike rides better in A. It is very managable. There is no throttle lag as there is in C. Just do it!

I get better mpg in A. I think this is because of the throttle lag in C. You twist the throttle and not much happens. I like when things happen. That is why I bought the bike. I ride 5 days a week to work, 130mi round trip rain or shine. 48mpg in A, 43-45 in C. This is all with blips into the 160mph range on the less occupied straights.

beerchug.gif
I tried A,B,C the first couple of days when I bought mine, now I start her and ride her.
thumb_up.gif
Played with it a couple of times then forget it was there. If you are timid with the big girl just be easy on the throttle and she will take good care of you. It's almost like she knows that my master is not ready yet. But when you are she will put a grin on your face that will take your ole lady a mont
laugh.gif
h to b***h off

I ALWAYS KEEP MINE IN A MODE DIDNT LIKE C AND NEVER TRIED B LOVE THE THROTTLE RESPONSE IN A MODE. AND I GET BETTER GAS MILAGE IN A MODE AND I RIDE MINE TO AND FROM WORK 80MILES A DAY. ALOT BETTER THAN MY TRUCK LOL.

How big a difference does the mode selector switch make?  Since I bought my 08 busa a few days ago I havent taken it out of C mode yet.
OMFG, bud!

You have not truly experienced your 'Busa! Just start it and go, you'll be in the "A" mode. You'll notice a major difference in the way the bike responds. Acceleration will be WAY more aggressive than "C" mode.

No matter what, if you are not comfortable in "A" mode yet, do what you feel is best for you. However, if you don't want to put it into "A" mode after a few rides, you bought the wrong bike, IMHO.

Ride safe!

Not true. The Mode selector doesn't matter for engine break-in.

If you can't handle the Busa in the native (A) mode, then maybe you should consider a less potent motorcycle. You shouldn't need to "dumb" the bike down to ride it. Learn throttle control and practice often!

C mode is funny, but practical at times. I've used C mode when riding in the twisties getting accustomed to the bike..

I pretty much just getting used to it seeing how its my first busa, im taking it slow.
Week 1 C mode
Week 2 B mode
Week 3 A mode

I took my busa out of C mode and put it In A mode. Actually I thought it would be way more aggressive In 1st gear and was a little worried thinking that the front tire would come off the ground.
Im glad I got the busa as my first bike, its very easy to handle, smooth as silk in all gears.
beerchug.gif

I took my busa out of C mode and put it In A mode. Actually I thought it would be way more aggressive In 1st gear and was a little worried thinking that the front tire would come off the ground.
Im glad I got the busa as my first bike, its very easy to handle, smooth as silk in all gears.
beerchug.gif
Now try doing that in 4th gear @ +7K RPM and tell us how you feel!

Quite a blast!
laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
Now try doing that in 4th gear @ +7K RPM and tell us how you feel!

Quite a blast!
laugh.gif
lol1.gif
havent tried that yet.

Keep her in mode C and try riding her HARD in 1st and 2nd gear. If you can do that with comfort, you can ride her in mode A just fine. Sounds like you respect the bike's power but at some point you should really start to explore its potential a bit. Alternatively, maybe you just like knowing you can go fast. Maybe like those old farts going the speed limit in their new Z06 vettes?

Suugestion - maybe try a beginner track day school. You could learn a lot at something like that.
thumb_up.gif

Back