question about mode selector

Chevy454

Registered
If i was to put a big bore kit one the busa would the mode selector still work and how effective would it be

Should work as usual with the same effect, maybe more pronounced because it has more power to work with. Most folks play with it for the first few rides then ignore it. Some use it for wet weather or to tone down throttle response in heavy traffic. I mess with it when I remember it's there but ignore it most of the time.

Let's see?
You add a big bore kit and then put it in C mode to do what, kill power?
I dont understand?

My Buddy in Dallas has the Gen II with the ABC setting, and the C setting he calls it the "Ninja setting" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Let's see?
You add a big bore kit and then put it in C mode to do what, kill power?
I dont understand?
Of course you don't Blanca, but that's because you're assuming that by "big bore kit" he is going to increase the displacement of his engine. He is going to add a kit that makes his bike a bigger bore, as in more boring. Put it in C mode it'll then become positively soporific!

That's funny cause I actually messed with mine out on the highway last week for probably the first time ever besides just toggling thru it standing still. I do have to say from say a 75-80 mph roll on it does make bike feel like it goes from a 750/1000/Oh Hell Yeah! :bowdown: Probably nothing I'll ever mess with other than just messing around and giving my buddy a fighting chance when he wants to play by putting it in C mode. :laugh:

Yes the mode selector will work the exact same way until you modify the settings in ECU edit. You "could" make any of the modes what you want. For example if you wanted Mode C to be "race" mode, you could alter the settings have your mode A be your every day mode and not have to always change the setting when you start the bike. Just a thought. Can't imagine you would really want to do that, but you could.

Back