Mode selector

I get 40 to 45 and I've never even considered those other modes. Now if I could make the mode selector into a cruise control or some other useful function that would be lovely. HMMMmmmmm maybe I could connect it to the windshiel wipers. :laugh: :whistle::poke:

If you're not using C in the rain you might have a death wish. ???

LOL.. I've ridden many powerful street bikes over the years without a mode selector and have never had a problem in the rain. I prefer to leave it on A as I am very used to the throttle response and power delivery in the standard mode.

LOL...bullchit!

I'm sorry, but there's no other way to call this.

First of all, C mode doesn't allow the "same style of riding."

Second...I never use anything other than A mode and never get less than 45 mpg.

Third (and most important): We're riding the fastest production motorcycle ever made. Who the living feck CARES about mpg?

When Cap and I went to Reno, gas mileage was a factor to determine range to the next fill up. We had to stretch it a couple times. We decided all our stops on miles to fill up. I
tried B and C modes and never noticed much difference in mpg.

Would be my interest too to turn nitrous on using the lower DSM and other for A/B/C selection. Just nitrous set plugged into PAIR connector as per gregs wish - so maybe. Lets see how things develop.

By the way if there is a piggyback in the bike and one uses other than A (originally tuned map) the mixture may be well off and at lower rpm:s bike run likely lean, higher fat.

The only thing that will improve you mileage on a Busa is your "wrist to brain connection".

The only way to get less than 30 MPG on a Busa requires a mighty heavy right hand. My Busa hasn't seen anything below 38 MPG unless I was on the track. I averaged 19 MPG my first track day. 150 in 4th eats fuel quickly. :whistle:

LOL.. I've ridden many powerful street bikes over the years without a mode selector and have never had a problem in the rain. I prefer to leave it on A as I am very used to the throttle response and power delivery in the standard mode.

Right on. I think jumping around from one power level to another could get you in trouble. I want the full dose every throttlefull.:whistle:

i have an 08 with a brocks full system, dynojet, filter, and brocks tune. i average 36-38 all the time. pretty much no matter what. i have never measured my mileage when on longer trips, but as far as driving split city/hwy to and from work everyday i almost always can bet ill hit 36.x mpg. i have never attained the mighty 40mpg. but then again i forget to calculate it when im on a road trip. i do know that when i get near 180 miles on a tank i better be finding a station in a hurry. ive never run out and i dont want to either.

C mode will keep your secondaries from opening up past 30% (going off memory from ecueditor). Less air means less fuel. Not that you can't get the same effect in A mode, just the a mental thing when you intentionally choose to limit the power. Turning petro into adrenaline with the twist of a wrist.
Posted via Mobile Device

When riding a different motorcycle it takes a while to get used to the different steering geometry, throttle response etc. Isn't this true for the mode selector, one minute selector 'C' then selector 'A' wow what a difference.....isn't that dangerous ???

Yes you can build Maps for A, B,and C modes. And try different combos on the fly with the mode selector. Once you learn all the features in the ECU A,B,C modes will save you a lot of time. :thumbsup:

I actually used c mode on a stretch of seriously damaged road, lots of dips and bumps, the road is on the side of a cliff and has warning signs as you approach stating "constantly shifting road" its a known rock slide/land slide. Anyway when ou ride on this type of surface you bounce around so much it's hard to keep a steady throttle and I not only get bounced around by the road but also get jolted by the throttle, c mode works well I this situation!

Back