Drive Mode Selector

Because it is a very heavy superbike which need those horses to operate safely. If somebody feels that this kind of power is too much, he has no reason to buy it unless he wants to show off.

Why do you say that?? 08 Hayabusa was my first bike and i never had a problem what-so-ever..

Because it is a very heavy superbike which need those horses to operate safely. If somebody feels that this kind of power is too much, he has no reason to buy it unless he wants to show off.

I would say there is a difference between the modes.
This is the dyno of my bike when it was new.
2ykak49.jpg

B and C mode are definitely down on power and the throttle response is terrible.

Well sorry for your accident, but frankly you should rely on the throttle "feel" no matter what mode it's in. I played with the mode selector while driving home from the dealer and the difference is really not that huge. Since then I have been in the default mode (A). I've ridden in all kinds of weather and it's all in the throttle hand IMHO. If you use the mode selector regularly then you should have felt right away that the bike was more aggressive than you wanted. If you were in low traction conditions you should have been even more careful and attentive to the throttle response. The busa is dangerous in any mode - never forget that.
....A little 50cc bike can be just as dangerous as the hayabusa.....Its all in the wrist, self control.....I think "fallenarch" might need a little more coordination or self control......
... What makes the hayabusa more dangerous than any other bike? The power? I think you should re-think what makes any bike dangerous...Its not the power..That much i will tell you.

I rode the first couple hundred miles in "C" mode, then bagged it and have kept it in A (or normal - it doesn't show up on the LCD screen at all unless you start pressing the mode buttons) since. C is definitely a dog to ride in - it's still a fast bike, but it does not spin up fast at all, A mode is like the hand of God pushing you down the road. It's what I remember about riding my buddies Hayabusa in 2001 when I was on my VFR800. I couldn't believe the difference in the effortless power. C and B modes detune it a bunch, A mode is where it's at.
Unless it's rainy, then I sometimes punch it down to B or C mode... A little more gentle seems better in those situations to me anyway, I've got less than 1K miles still (but close!) on the bike, so until I'm 100% comfortable with the handling I like the detuned motor if the roads are a little slick. At least for me it takes more miles than what I have on it to be completely accustomed to and comfortable with this bike. But hot damn, I love it!

Busa is a pussycat in the right hands.
An old 1200 Bandit/GSXR1100 is much harder to control, Busa has is one of if not the most linear power delivery throttles you could ever want.

Mode switch for me only comes into play after a long 2 up run with a tired pillion who isn't in the mood to hold on tight.
B-mode is irrelevent, doesn't really suit any application.
B-king only had 2 modes and rightly so.

Hi, thanks for the add. For some reason, my Drive mode buttons don’t work. When key in on position and kill switch off, my dash shows I’m in A mode.
For some reason I can’t change the mode. I’ve held each button down for many seconds and no response. Any ideas? Thank you.

Hi, thanks for the add. For some reason, my Drive mode buttons don’t work. When key in on position and kill switch off, my dash shows I’m in A mode.
For some reason I can’t change the mode. I’ve held each button down for many seconds and no response. Any ideas? Thank you.

Perhaps a little history on your bike? Year? Mileage? Riding history?
And feel free to intro yourself in the the New Owners Forum; we'd all like to learn more about your bike!

A flash to the bike's ECU can leave the bike in "A" mode, so that might be a good place for you to begin.
Hope this helps, and :welcome:

Back