What fuel economy are you getting in C mode?

this c mode mekes me to be jealous of the kawa

hayabusa1.org.jpg

Ive only had my 08 for 3 weeks and on the 1st tankful i was in A mode, mpg was 33.
My 2nd tankfull I used C mode. There is definately a noticable difference in power. As far as MPG i got 38.

Ive only had my 08 for 3 weeks and on the 1st tankful i was in A mode, mpg was 33.
My 2nd tankfull I used C mode. There is definately a noticable difference in power. As far as MPG i got 38.
You will get better MPG once you get some miles on it. I got about 35 at first but now i have about 3500 miles on it and it is way better. On an adverge 52 to 53 just crusing.

My_Hayabusa_144RS.jpg

what happens if you are going 170mph and put it into C mode? Does it just shut down?

The mode switch does affect fuel and timing along with the secondary butterfly's.

My secondary butterflys have been removed to improve air flow and when put in c mode it runs very lean and has a nasty hesitation. You can't just choke off the air without compensation for fuel and you can't do those two and continue to throw a bunch of timing at the engine or you will get nasty back fires.
ukliam3.gif

Wish I was getting 50+ Hell, even 40 would be good. I have almost 6k miles on mine and got only 36 doing nothing but going back and forth to work on easy-cruising back roads last week. At 160 miles on a full tank, indicator lit up. At 190 miles it was sitting almost empty.

There is a mode selector switch?
rock.gif

Who in their right mind would buy a busa to only turn it into an overweight 600? It's on oddity I tell you.

I don't use c mode, but down the road I got 55 to 56 mpg on a 750 mile trip to Iowa from Dallas in one day.
That is crusing at 75-80, 208 miles and 3.7 gal.

Back