Getting a Hayabusa as my first bike to own, I need some help

I'm very comfortable with the 600s, my friend made me ride his zx6r quite a bit since he wanted me to get a bike to ride with him. At first I didn't want anything to do with bikes having passed by an accident scene on the highway one day in the opposite lane. All I saw were bent handlebars sticking in the road and a blood smear for quite a ways down into the grass. After I hopped on my friends 600 through months of convincing me, it was the most exhilarating fun I've had in forever. I practiced with him in my quite large neighborhood then parking lots, and eventually the street. I haven't dropped it yet and the slow maneuvers are quite easy on the 600s, and I understand that the weight of the 'busa is dramatically different. I've redlined the 600 a few times and it is quite fun, even for as large as I am (6'1", 240 built). The 'busas look gorgeous to me and I can easily afford payments on one(after I build my credit a bit more). This will be the first bike I will have ever owned, and probably the last (not due to death) since it looks at feels like a dream.

The way this is blocked out and only riding in a parking lot bit on a 600, tells me it's almost winter, and this is a troll thread .:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm very comfortable with the 600s, my friend made me ride his zx6r quite a bit since he wanted me to get a bike to ride with him. At first I didn't want anything to do with bikes having passed by an accident scene on the highway one day in the opposite lane. All I saw were bent handlebars sticking in the road and a blood smear for quite a ways down into the grass. After I hopped on my friends 600 through months of convincing me, it was the most exhilarating fun I've had in forever. I practiced with him in my quite large neighborhood then parking lots, and eventually the street. I haven't dropped it yet and the slow maneuvers are quite easy on the 600s, and I understand that the weight of the 'busa is dramatically different. I've redlined the 600 a few times and it is quite fun, even for as large as I am (6'1", 240 built). The 'busas look gorgeous to me and I can easily afford payments on one(after I build my credit a bit more). This will be the first bike I will have ever owned, and probably the last (not due to death) since it looks at feels like a dream.

Yeah, I'm 6'1" 245lbs and I work out regularly.

I've sat on one and while it's heavier than normal bikes,
I can move it around comfortably with both feet on the ground.

I'll keep you guys posted once I get the money together to purchase one!

Large as you are ~ you'll only be happy on a Busa. . .

Look into the buell peg mod & bar risers too !

Or buy one that's already done.

Enjoy your Hayabusa !

Red, *<(:{)-

Get the GEN II...

Leave it in regular mode and just watch your thottle hand carefully.

If you can ride a 600, you can ride this bike no problem...just remember it will accelerate much faster and stop/turn much slower than your 600, and resist the impulse to get in over your head and you'll be fine. Congrats/welcome/good luck.

Its rare that a person can take a hyperbike as their first bike. Even if you rode your buddies bike for a year when he wanted to ride. Its not like you owned it and beat the living crap out of it. As a buddy that has bikes that I would let certain friends ride, I wouldn't be happy if they beat the living crap out of my bike. So with that said having owned several fast bikes, I wouldnt suggest it in all honesty. Its not that you can't control the bike, its not that its too heavy..... etc etc, its that in a situation when shtf that the bike will react with such power and aggression that if your not in muscle memory mode, instinct mode etc, then your going to get hurt. As mentioned above the jerk of the bars twists the throttle and instant power wheelie. Lucky for him that wasn't instant power wheelie into an oncoming car.

These aren't things to make you change your mind, they are thinks to make you think before you buy one of the baddest fastest bikes in production.

And honestly sometimes I find redlining a 500cc little bike, throwing it into a turn and even though your only going 40-50 mph, it feels like its fast and its fun.

Just my two cents.

Todd

Well, I bought a Busa as my first bike this past November. Love it, and havent "tripped" yet. Of course no one "plans" to trip, lol. I ride it like I have training wheels. I havent gone over 70mph (on a straight away) yet, and honestly dont plan on it any time soon. The cold weather has kept me indoors for the last 3-4 months, but she and I will be out playing very soon. I took the MSF course last May, and prior to that hadnt ridden in over 20 years. In that time, other than a car, the only other manual motorized vehicle I operated was a 4-wheeler and a Honda shadow 750 over 20 years ago. I debated over and over again about which bike to get, and finally I decided on the Busa. I dont ride with my ego, as I am older (42) and wiser. Or at least thats what my kids tell me, lol!! The overwhelming advice I recieved from Busa owners that I personally know was get the bike you "want" and learn on it. Of course my own personal apprehensions add to that advice...like "GET EDUCATED" and take the MSF course (I learned a ton), wear the right gear at all times regarless of the weather. Do not ride outside of my skill level. Choose the right time to ride. Last but not least Practice. Practice. Practice.

Thats my .02

I've passed the MSF course about 2 weeks ago. At the moment, I'm just saving. I plan on getting one in late June/July, possibly later if they get cheaper (although I'm in Florida, and any time is ride time with the exception of rain, so I don't think the prices will fluctuate as much). I've seen a couple of them so far, I really want the '08 blue/gold model as bone stock as possible. What would be the proper amount to pay? They average $9000 from what I've seen, some even as high as $10,000 for an '08. I'm shooting for $8,000ish.

Back